Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

15 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I try to cut through to what’s actually happening. Through all the rah rah bs. The other link I shared today was a nuts and bolts intelligence assessment  that included how Ukraine could better defend power plants etc. You see what you want to see Brisket. 

The fact that that story is in WaPo states way more about the state of affairs in Ukraine than all the battlefield tweets of questionable veracity. 

The vulnerability of a nuclear power plant and their connection to the electric grid was something well-known and reported before Russia decided to invade. They're an extremely difficult asset to protect due to their size and isolation. The fact that Russia did attack them and gained control says very little about how well their invasion is going.

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I'm actually getting a little hopeful -- albeit just a glimmer -- that we're closer to a resolution than we think. Word is that Putin is still talking to Macron, there's been a third round of talks with the Ukrainians, and Israel went to Moscow.

I think those are positive signs amid this shit sandwich.

What is Macron saying?

In French accent "Monsiuer Putin, take a step back, go for a walk and enjoy the beauty of the world, make love to a woman and bask in the post-coital aroma and see that war is not the answer."

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

I just don't understand, we fought these wars several times over the last century, how is any large army bad at "logistics." I'm following the stories and happy to read stuff like this but I still have some feeling that it's being overstated.

It's not.  Russia is/was setup to move everything around by rail, until the last 90km or so.  Basically equipped to put down uprisings in outer republics/border skirmishes, etc.

Scroll down a ways to the part about trucks in the link below - the WarOnTheRocks.com article is from last November, but discusses the problems they have with trucking, and you can extrapolate out how serious things get when they start losing trucks and have to make up the losses elsewhere.

https://warontherocks.com/2021/11/feeding-the-bear-a-closer-look-at-russian-army-logistics/

Also, this was a pretty good look at their rail networks, etc.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Russia has already lost. It’s just a matter of how much deeper they want to dig the hole.

Already their demands have been significantly reduced. They’re sending WWI armored trains to try to resupply their demoralized, unmotivated, and hopelessly lost invasion force. They just need to give up.

That was the "bonus" of taking the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant area. There's the older Zaporizhzhia coal power plant right next to it with lots of rail yards and rail spurs the ruskies can use to bring in more logistics & more armor because that's how they prefer to resupply. But I agree with you that in the end that with shitty soldiers their shitty resupply won't mean shit.

5 minutes ago, F250 said:

What is Macron saying?

In French accent "Monsiuer Putin, take a step back, go for a walk and enjoy the beauty of the world, make love to a woman and bask in the post-coital aroma and see that war is not the answer."

So, what you're saying is......Macron is talking some real damned sense to Pooty?

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be that hard to prove

You are not answering my question, though. How do you know that those buildings were not hit because there were Ukrainians with AK47's and Javelins firing out the windows? If there is someone shooting out of the building, it is fair game to fire back.

As mentioned up thread...the US took out a lot of buildings in their previous two stops because there were bad guys shooting from those buildings. Did we have to face any War Crimes for it?

Just now, Orange&White said:

You are not answering my question, though. How do you know that those buildings were not hit because there were Ukrainians with AK47's and Javelins firing out the windows? If there is someone shooting out of the building, it is fair game to fire back.

As mentioned up thread...the US took out a lot of buildings in their previous two stops because there were bad guys shooting from those buildings. Did we have to face any War Crimes for it?

Ummmmm......Russian troops are MILES away from those structures.  If there's anyone shooting from them......they're complete morons just tossing lead into the heavens.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

No one was shooting out of the schools or hospitals they've bombed miles away from any Russian troops. 

4 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

Unpopular take ahead:

Not that I am siding with Russia on this, but won't it be difficult for the Ukes, or anyone, to prove "War Crimes" related to destroying residential building? Obviously anything pertaining to illegal weapons and targeting obvious civilians is a different story.

The main Ukrainian government twitter and social media are continually reporting on how their civilian citizenry is taking up arms against the Russians. If a Russian soldier pulls onto a street and there is gunfire coming from every widow of every apartment building and they fire back or call in some heavy gunfire to that location, that doesn't seem to be committing any War Crimes as much as just fighting a war.

i said the same thing when it was first announced they were passing out rifles to everyone.

21 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I think it's already been conclusively answered but from a quick dig, it appears the dude is a neocon desperately in search of an edgy take and he latched on to one small sentence and blew it up out of proportion.

edit to add, fighting in urban areas will be advantageous to Ukrainians.

One of the Twitter military pundits put in like this, Oryx applies the same confirmation process to both sides so don't look at claimed numbers but that the invader is suffering 4-1 losses or worse across the board.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Ummmmm......Russian troops are MILES away from those structures.  If there's anyone shooting from them......they're complete morons just tossing lead into the heavens.

Haven't we seen destroyed russian convoys inside cities in the rah rah Ukrainian posts? Haven't we been hearing constantly about Russian soldier shooting civilians in the cities? There are a lot of posts and tweets about Russians doing dastardly deeds inside cities, so not all of those shots are from miles away from the structures.

5 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Loving a lot of what is coming out this AM. Japan not having this…

Whoops…

This is interesting for a couple reasons:

1) Constitutionally, the Japanese military (i.e., the Japan Self-Defense Force) cannot be used except in a purely defensive circumstance.  But there have been some constitutional work-arounds, such as when the government decided that aiding an ally would be consistent with Japan's self-defense (because failing to aid an ally would undermine the alliance and, hence, Japan's own security).

This looks like another potential constitutional work-around.  Japan wouldn't be deploying troops to reconquer territory from Russia; it would be deploying its self-defense force to defend what was always Japanese.

2) Compare this with Japan's conduct during World War II, when it strictly adhered to a non-aggression treaty with the Soviet Union, which allowed the Soviets to move forces from the Far East to fight Germany.  I don't know if this is going to keep Russia from moving any troops to Ukraine, but if it forces Russia to keep anything in the Kurils, then that's a win for Ukraine.

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

I just don't understand, we fought these wars several times over the last century, how is any large army bad at "logistics." I'm following the stories and happy to read stuff like this but I still have some feeling that it's being overstated. Like in rivalry games where we are the underdog, I take the view that I'll believe it when I see it, i.e., an ending to this war that is clearly a Russian defeat. I have been expecting every morning to read about a major defeat from Ukraine, and each morning it doesn't happen I get more hope that they really are going to be able to hold out long term.

After the War, the Soviets worked very hard to diminish and downplays the role Lend-Lease played in their victory over Germany.  If you read any Soviet history of the Great Patriotic War, you'll read that the war was won by the valiant Russian soldier, without any mention of how the valiant Russian soldier was transported across thousands of miles of Eurasia, where he got his ammunition, how he managed to eat, what fuel his tanks and trucks burned, and even what coats and boots he was wearing.  And so there's an entire Russian mythology that doesn't just ignore the role of logistics in warfare; it consciously portrays it as being unimportant.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Shit, I'm getting on board with this reclaiming territory that was historically claimed by you.

That's right, New Mexico and Colorado, we're comin' for ya......and Kansas, OK, and Wyoming.....don't think we've forgotten about you.....

Texas1836map.jpg

Don't forget that BS SCOTUS decision that gave Greer County to Mobilehoma for no reason.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Shit, I'm getting on board with this reclaiming territory that was historically claimed by you.

That's right, New Mexico and Colorado, we're comin' for ya......and Kansas, OK, and Wyoming.....don't think we've forgotten about you.....

Texas1836map.jpg

Mexico says hold my cerveza

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I see what's right in front of me.  I take it all with a grain of salt.  I damned well know that Russian military action is inflicting real losses on an outgunned Ukraine.

But regarding what you are.....I've seen it for a long time.  With respect to you, with respect to Brexit, with respect to Russian dezinformatsiya regarding American politics, vaccines, etc.

You are aligned with the  dezinformatsiya on EVERY.  SINGLE.  ISSUE.  

I've been around too long to believe in coincidences.

I wish I had enough clout to rep this post.  I see the same thing...

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The vulnerability of a nuclear power plant and their connection to the electric grid was something well-known and reported before Russia decided to invade. They're an extremely difficult asset to protect due to their size and isolation. The fact that Russia did attack them and gained control says very little about how well their invasion is going.

I'm assuming the reactors our what our spooks mission is.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Texas1836map.jpg

How could CO think you've forgotten about us?  You fuckers won't leave!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Texas1836map.jpg

We can haz some New Mexico?  🤠

EDE23873-1281-4165-855D-BA1E9D64A63F.gif

1 minute ago, Orange&White said:

Haven't we seen destroyed russian convoys inside cities in the rah rah Ukrainian posts? Haven't we been hearing constantly about Russian soldier shooting civilians in the cities? There are a lot of posts and tweets about Russians doing dastardly deeds inside cities, so not all of those shots are from miles away from the structures.

Inside cities with large apartment buildings like that?  Not really.

For example, we have seen strikes on civilian buildings in Kyiv.   There is no real RU presence in Kyiv.  They are shelling the shit out of Irpin.  Again, no real Russian presence in Irpin proper.  Sorry, but your hypothesis doesn't hold up.  The large residential buildings that are being shelled are not being used for shelter by combatants in urban combat, because there isn't urban combat happening anywhere close to those buildings.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Also, people are misinterpreting the 95% figure from US intelligence. Russia has committed 95% of troops that were originally placed on the border on Ukraine, not 95% of the entire Russian military. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/pentagon-estimates-roughly-95-of-russian-troops-at-border-now-in-ukraine

Of the roughly 170,000 troops stationed along the Ukrainian border in Russia and Belarus, "somewhere near 95%" of them are now within the country, a senior U.S. defense official told reporters Sunday evening. This marks a rise from the Pentagon's 92% estimate on Friday.

Russia has tons more troops/military/etc. across the country. 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

something i hadn't really thought about until just now...

i wonder what life is like on the international space station right now.  its current residents include four american astronauts, two russian cosmonauts, and an engineer from the european space agency.

at the end of the month, the two russians and one of the americans are scheduled to come back and land in Kazakhstan.  that should be interesting.

one would think that being astronauts/scientists, they would be above all this (rimshot) but i do wonder how things are going up there.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Texas1836map.jpg

Enjoy Pueblo Colorado.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

i wonder what life is like on the international space station right now.  its current residents include four american astronauts, two russian cosmonauts, and an engineer from the european space agency.

at the end of the month, the two russians and one of the americans are scheduled to come back and land in Kazakhstan.  that should be interesting.

one would think that being astronauts/scientists, they would be above all this (rimshot) but i do wonder how things are going up there.

They call the Russian "Fruit Loops" and covered the toilet bowl with Saran Wrap. 

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

Mexico, might want to just focus on protecting Puerto Vallarta and Cabo.

That said, the Kuril Islands need to be on the lookout for some midget subs.

Mexico is a failed narco state full of wonderful people and some of the most despicable crime lords and politicians in the modern era.  

And we're going back this summer because cabo is the tits......

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I see what's right in front of me.  I take it all with a grain of salt.  I damned well know that Russian military action is inflicting real losses on an outgunned Ukraine.

But regarding what you are.....I've seen it for a long time.  With respect to you, with respect to Brexit, with respect to Russian dezinformatsiya regarding American politics, vaccines, etc.

You are aligned with the  dezinformatsiya on EVERY.  SINGLE.  ISSUE.  

I've been around too long to believe in coincidences.

This is true.  You’d be a brain dead moron not to see GRU is a plant.  Just note that and move on.  I don’t even care to ignore him because it’s nice to see what the commies want us to believe.  

• Hook 'Em 7

5 minutes ago, sidis said:

my guess is they are up there going "Dude, do you see the shitfest?"