Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Quickly approaching the time where Wagner completes the offensive and likely hands over responsibility of defending it to the regular army so that they can be blamed when it falls.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, troph said:

Good read but he doesn’t really say why Ukraine will push Russia all the way back. 

Hertling's guesses have proven to be better than many folks' facts.

He has more or less predicted the war to this point based on his experiences as the head of US forces in Europe, having seen both the Ukraine military and Russian shitshow firsthand.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rimbo said:

That's a great article.

If I had omnipotent power over everything that's written and said in the west about the upcoming offensive, I would make it so people were consistently downplaying the objectives that could be achieved with the upcoming counteroffensive. It does Ukraine very little good to talk about how successful it's going to be, even by someone as knowledgeable and prescient as Mark Hertling. In some ways even especially by him. I don't have that power, and there is some good served by giving out a positive narrative about Ukraine's capabilities and Russia's deficiencies. It's just in my opinion that whatever good is done by buoying spirits in the West as we wait for it to transpire are not as beneficial as lowering expectations so that what Ukraine does accomplish is seen as a spectacular success, whatever that is. 

But that's just me.

I'll also say in reading that article it made me wonder if Douglas MacArthur wrote a similar letter prior to his landings at Inchon. Probably not. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rimbo said:

More Hertling, for those too lazy to read his op ed piece.

It takes like 30 seconds. It's not some kind of deep dive. People love to complain about how long my posts are. I do not understand the perception that reading takes so much time and energy. Or that skipping over it is such a chore. 

Not really attacking your post, because it's relevant. It just constantly shocks me at how relevant it is. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

It takes like 30 seconds. It's not some kind of deep dive. People love to complain about how long my posts are. I do not understand the perception that reading takes so much time and energy. Or that skipping over it is such a chore. 

Not really attacking your post, because it's relevant. It just constantly shocks me at how relevant it is. 

Well, the added bit in the CNN blurb is "Some of the things we're seeing now pale in significance." That's an interesting sentiment that wasn't in the Op Ed.

7 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Was coming to post this. Hopefully not destroyed and I’d not expect perfect clarity on this. 

If true, my first concern is loss of life and second concern is if it will be replaced. This would be a classic reminder that the enemy gets a vote and that sending things to a war means they may get lost. But we’d be learning SO much about how adversaries would target our AD in the future. 

A deployed Patriot battery has a massive footprint and blasts TONS of radiation. They’re really hard to hide. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Also— a full Patriot battery deployed spreads out over a square kilometer and several vehicles. So an open ? on as to what exactly was “got”’ if anything. A radar would be a worse than a launcher. 

The video that showed the "destruction" wasn't very convincing. There is a single flash after the launcher appears to stop firing. However, the flash is pretty consistent with the flash that occurs with a defensive missile launch. My best guess is that it was either a missile launch failure or a missile being launched in a direction that the camera doesn't see. We also have no way of knowing if it was a patriot battery. At either rate, it really didn't seem like an explosion from a target being destroyed. Kinzhal and kalibr have a large warheads. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Hertling's guesses have proven to be better than many folks' facts.

He has more or less predicted the war to this point based on his experiences as the head of US forces in Europe, having seen both the Ukraine military and Russian shitshow firsthand.

Yeah just would have liked deeper analysis but then to  earlier points ain’t nobody got time to read that.

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Weird that Russia's MOD doesn't know that the Kinzhal is not a hypersonic glide vehicle at all. It is a ballistic missile. The only hypersonic glide vehicle Russia has is (allegedly) the Avangard. 

I'm pretty sure "Hypersonic Glide" is a Radiohead song.  I'm not sure, because I don't get Radiohead.  Like, at all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I realize there’s a war going on, but Zelenskyy’s cultivated this look of being straight off the front, with khaki’s and a sweater/sweatshirt when he travels to other countries. Put on a suit man, you can still be President of a country at war while wearing one. Baby rant over…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I don’t know what constitutes a hypersonic missile, but right now wiki calls it hypersonic and says it’s claimed top velocity is Mach 10-13. 
But I didn’t bother to follow the citing on the page so…

and here’s a Reuters article calling them hypersonic 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/air-defence-systems-repelling-attacks-ukraine-early-tuesday-officials-2023-05-16/

Edited by Pato del Muerto

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm pretty sure "Hypersonic Glide" is a Radiohead song.  I'm not sure, because I don't get Radiohead.  Like, at all.

34 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Close...it's actually a Funkadelic song.

You're both wrong.

It's a lube for special operations that was being developed by @NowThis.

• Haha 4
  • Drool 2

3 hours ago, troph said:

Yeah just would have liked deeper analysis but then to  earlier points ain’t nobody got time to read that.

I think it's more the case that:

1. if he knew specifics, OpSec requires him not to share, and

2. He's already spent the last few years pounding home the point that he's seen both these armies up close and personal, and that, plus his training and experience, is what leads him to his conclusions.

UA is well trained, well led, well supplied and above all, highly motivated. Orcs are the opposite of these, to an extreme.

He's also made the point that this is why democratic regimes are more powerful militarily than authoritarian ones.

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is that a parody account or a moron propagandist?

Who can tell any more?

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

☝️and more from Darth Putin because he's been absolutely on fire today

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5