Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Were they trying to keep the money in Europe?

Who can say?  But certainly some supporters here have in the US hyped up that 60% (or whatever the percentage was) of all Ukrainian aid was spent here in the US.  So playing it up as a "jobs program" may have placated some of their electorate sitting on the fence about the issue.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I can’t wonder if all this help and sanctions that have been drip dripping in for 2 years had all been put in motion on 2-25-22, we’d be in a much better spot today.

I’m totally on board of course, but a 2+ year escalation risks starting a bigger war.

7 hours ago, rpspeed said:

The French seem to be discussing lots of things

Polish President Andrzej Duda has said that the idea of sending troops to Ukraine caused "heated discussions" at a meeting in Paris

"The most heated discussion revolved around the issue of sending troops to Ukraine, and here too there was absolutely no agreement," Duda said after the meeting, adding that there was no enthusiasm for the idea either.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

You can take the Russian boy out of Russia, something something.

43 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Well, I call dibs on “Russians of Sri Lanka” for my alt.apartheid ska band.  

this whole fucking thing gets weirder and weirder every fucking week.  

It’s totally on brand for a bunch of Russian draft dodgers to move to Sri Lanka and then start whites-only businesses.  I’m assuming they’ll do the same when they move to Thailand or whatever.  Would be hilarious if they actually got deported back to Russia.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Well, I call dibs on “Russians of Sri Lanka” for my alt.apartheid ska band.  

this whole fucking thing gets weirder and weirder every fucking week.  

Alt Apartheid Ska Band huh? 

Couple of questions. Is it a Ska Punk band? Do you utilize the trumpet? What dive bar in Austin are you playing this Friday night? 

44 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I don't know what kind of new magic the Ukrainians are using to make mincemeat of the Russian AF, but it is very satisfying to me.  Maybe one day I can afford to donate a drone or something in exchange for a bit of Russian star to hang on my wall in the mancave.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Despite my frenemy relationship to the Hellduck, the Russians have lost something like 25-30 of them out of a pre-war fleet of 150. 

But at two a day being shot down, in a few months, poof.

You can sign a Himars or pay the big bucks and watch it be shot off with the message. lol I really really hope that’s not just someone really good at photoshop/video editing but having not seen what a finished “donation message” looks like, I’ll ask my neighbors if he wants to send a 155 off after work- “You are not cornholio, I AM CORNHOLIO!!”

• Hook 'Em 3

20 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

My son has saved up some money that he wanted to use for a good cause.  He'd been pondering what to donate it to.  He decided to donate it to one of the fundraisers to buy artillery shells, which includes them writing a message on a shell and sharing that with you.  He's made friends with a few Ukrainians at school, so he's going to donate for a shell with something like "With love, from X and Y, courtesy of Texas."  You too can donate - signmyrocket.com.  I mean, his first draft of a dedicated message was "suck my star-spangled dick and balls."

Why give Texas credit when most of it's reps are blocking aid to Ukraine? 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 3

20 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Other suggested Surly submissions:

It's HIMARS o'clock, and OU still sucks

Is it muledick?

This shell is worthless without pics

Tits or get blown the fuck up

To complain about being blown up by this shell, PM Derka

May this shell kill more men than Nicole44 has

Vatnik: your life is worth tree fiddy

I'd go with Muledick incoming.

• Hook 'Em 4

strategic look at the war post-avdiivka

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1762930018819121615.html?utm_campaign=topunroll

Key insights from our analysis (Complete report accessible on the website provided in my bio) concerning the post-Avdiivka situation, fortifications, and anticipations.

Kindly consider liking, sharing, and following us for better visibility.

🧵Thread:

2/ While some argue that the withdrawal was timely, our assessment suggests that an earlier retreat could have reduced losses. Some interviewed participants reported not receiving official orders and chose to retreat at their discretion due to the deteriorating tactical situation 

3/ After the fall of Avdiivka, Russian forces continued to advance. As of this analysis, settlements like Sjeverne, Lastochkyne, and Stepove are now under Russian control. Others, including Orlivka and Berdychi, remain contested as of February 27, 2024.

4/ As shown in the satellite image, the presence of fires and scorch marks extending beyond Orlivka signifies a rapid effort by Russian forces to disrupt communications with the settlement and cause harm to defenders. Additional reports suggest that Semenivka is targeted by KABs 

5/ This assertion is also backed by FIRMS data from NASA, which identifies and maps "thermal anomalies" on the ground. Utilizing this data, we have created a visual representation of the image, depicting "thermal anomalies" like fires or explosions over the past 24 hours.

image.thumb.png.77f31a862fe2173012b671036e602a56.png

6/ Frontelligence Insight notes an otable deficiency of robust fortifications, involving concrete and wooden structures on the Ukrainian side. Reports consistently indicate that combat-involved brigades are assigned to construct these defenses in their rear areas. 

7/ Constructing strategic defensive positions requires a multifaceted and professional approach beyond military efforts alone. Essential needs encompass specialized equipment like bulldozers, excavators, cranes, concrete production, trucks, wood, and logistics. 

8/. Addressing this issue demands political will and the involvement of national leadership to mobilize civilian resources. Additionally, joint efforts with the Ministry of Defense are necessary to secure the resources needed for the procurement of such a serious project 

9/ The Near Prospects

Our team observes that due to relatively dry weather, the fields are rapidly drying up, enabling the advance of Russian forces. Contrary to expectations that the muddy season might impede their progress, unfortunately, that is not the case at this moment. 

10/ Russian forces suffered disproportionately high losses during the assault on Avdiivka. According to our team's geospatial observations, the estimated number of lost vehicles by the Russian side exceeds ~300. OSINT analyst @naalsio26 suggests that the number is over ~600.

image.thumb.png.abd1200e2f05430b69d60d55cdb95468.png

11/ The quality of new recruits in the Russian army continues to deteriorate. As previously reported, in the final phase of the battle for Avdiivka, a group of POWs captured in February had been recruited to the Russian military in mid-January. 

12/ The situation for Ukrainian forces remains highly challenging, characterized by delayed mobilization, inadequate fortification construction, missteps during the 2023 campaign, and notably, a critical failure of partners to deliver promised ammunition despite prior commitments 

13/ Ukraine is likely to face additional territorial losses, especially in areas gained during the summer of 2023 and in proximity to Donetsk. However, we do not anticipate the front collapse, as Russians allocate resources disproportionately, even for relatively minor gains. 

14/ Despite trying to capitalize on the most favorable situation since 2022, they lack the necessary scale to generate a strategic collapse. A situation could still be favorable for Ukraine if the West provides substantial military aid to back domestic mobilization efforts. 

15/ Consider supporting us through BuyMeaCoffee, as our expenses rely solely on your public support. As the war continues, public financial support is decreasing as well.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

54 minutes ago, Viper said:

I posted Michael Kofman's War on the Rocks podcast from right around the time Ukraine started withdrawing from Avdivvka. Kofman mentioned that Ukraine doesn't have great prearranged defenses east of Avdivvka.

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1