Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

This is really important and people should be aware that it’s going to ramp up.

https://news.yahoo.com/ukraines-defence-intelligence-lists-potential-203500285.html

"The special operation Maidan-3 will culminate in March-May 2024, and in the coming weeks, the enemy will cease all efforts to spread narratives harmful to global security and incite conflicts – both within Ukraine and in other parts of the world where Ukraine is effectively supported.

The campaign methodology is traditional for the Russian special services: to question the legitimacy of government decisions made in Ukraine after 20 May, to instil fear and despair, to artificially clash civilians against the military, to foment quarrels with our allies, and to spread all kinds of conspiracy theories in society.

This is happening in the context of the Russian Federation's public statements about the development of new types of superweapons, which the Russians claim will ensure Russia's technical superiority over the West for the next decade. This is done with the intention to convey that resisting Russia's goals in Ukraine is dangerous for the world, and Russia will pressure other countries to engage in direct dialogue on Ukraine without our participation.

Furthermore, the Russians will use their own agents of influence in Ukraine and around the world to organise various protests, deliberately undermining the process of exchanging prisoners of war.

According to the enemy's plan, the situation in our country will deteriorate in the first half of June, and then, taking advantage of the situation, Ukraine will be militarily defeated in the east; this is the central concept of their operation.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fuck Mush and Kim Dotcom.

Yeah if Ukraine had lost 440,000 soldiers, the Russians would be in Kyiv.

I’m really curious what Putin’s speech tomorrow (tonight for those of us on Surly) will be.  I don’t see how he can reinforce anything in Moldova, and talking shit about it will just stir up more support against Russia.  He won’t mention Navalny, or any other opposition leaders by name.  I’m sure he will trot out the Ukrainians = Nazis thing. Will claim Ukraine is still not a country.   He will probably threaten NATO with nukes again.

• Hook 'Em 5

On 2/27/2024 at 4:20 PM, Brisketexan said:

Other suggested Surly submissions:

It's HIMARS o'clock, and OU still sucks

Is it muledick?

This shell is worthless without pics

Tits or get blown the fuck up

To complain about being blown up by this shell, PM Derka

May this shell kill more men than Nicole44 has

Vatnik: your life is worth tree fiddy

You are banned for life. 5..4..3..2..

• Hook 'Em 2

did Ukraine hack the Russians IFF system or something?

Unless the Russians are actually stupid enough to continue to get within 100 miles of the front line. , losing that many aircraft miles from the front probably means something other than the Patriot is probably in play. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I’ll look up Julia Davis’s translation of Putin’s speech later, but apparently lots of saber rattling towards NATO and the US, as expected.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68435163

• Putin warned that any deployment of Western troops in Ukraine would have "tragic" consequences
  • He claimed Western rhetoric threatened a "conflict with the use of nuclear arms and consequently the destruction of civilisation"
  • Putin also said the Russian military had the "initiative" in the two-year, full-scale invasion of Ukraine, and was advancing in a number of areas

In his annual state of the nation address, President Putin accused the West of trying to drag Russia into an arms race.

At the same time, he said that Russia needed to strengthen its defences on its western border now that Sweden and Finland were joining Nato.

President Putin said the West "provoked" the conflict in Ukraine and "continues to lie, without any embarrassment, saying that Russia allegedly intends to attack Europe"

….

President Putin also boasted about Russia's sophisticated weapons - like hypersonic aircraft and unmanned underwater vehicles - and said that Russia's strategic nuclear forces are in a "state of full readiness".

Notably, President Putin explicitly referred to the two years of fighting in Ukraine as a "war", despite his repeated insistence that Russia's invasion should be described as a "special military operation". 

He said that an "absolute majority" of Russians supported his decision to invade Ukraine, and that the Russian people were now united against what he called Western attempts to weaken the country.

He also hit out at accusations from the US that Russia is developing nuclear weapons for use against satellites in space.

. . .

Indeed, much of the address focused on domestic issues ranging from the modernisation of the tax system to pensions and incentives aimed at boosting Russia's dwindling birth rate.

He also talked about the need to improve the health of the nation, announcing a series of measures aimed at boosting Russia's life expectancy, which at 70 is currently one of the lowest in Europe.

Urging people to focus on physical activity and cut down alcohol consumption, he joked: "Stop drinking and start skiing!"

The speech lasted a record two hours and was attended by all senior politicians, the CEOs of oil and gas firms Rosneft and Gazprom, as well as religious leaders of all denominations.

It was broadcast on giant screens across Moscow, and several cinemas in Russian cities reportedly screened it free of charge. 

As expected, there was no mention of the death of Alexei Navalny, the opposition leader who died in a Siberian penal colony two weeks ago and who many saw as President Putin's greatest opponent.

———

Him denying they were working on nukes as satellite killers means they are totally doing it.

• Hook 'Em 5

28 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I think the funeral is tomorrow.

Tucker may want to stay away from windows, tea, and door knobs

Tucker is laundering his reputation to be more effective.  Now every time he talks about how Ukraine needs to lose and Russia will win he will begin with “now I’m record saying that I think Putin is stupid. But the facts are that….”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, drt said:

Could it be F16s are finally in theater?

I doubt it. The US has a new air to air missile coming on line this year called the AIM 240. My guess is our friends at Raytheon talked someone into clearing out a few crates of AIM 120 AMRAAMS to make some room in the warehouse. The Ukes may have figured out how to hang one or two off a long range drone. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, drt said:

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I doubt it. The US has a new air to air missile coming on line this year called the AIM 240. My guess is our friends at Raytheon talked someone into clearing out a few crates of AIM 120 AMRAAMS to make some room in the warehouse. The Ukes may have figured out how to hang one or two off a long range drone. 

I was thinking drones with air-to-air capabilities, but could also be them using drones to put Russian air defenses on edge.  

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, drt said:

In my dream, the US is using some sort of super nuke satellite shit to knock ruskie planes from the sky. Something akin to the bullshit super weapon Putin keeps alluding to, but we all know that he is full of shit, and does not have

. Basically calling his bluff and showing him that we, in fact, have what he is completely making up and we are using it on him in front of the entire world.

Well, that and a Kiera Knightly, Natalie Portman threesome.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

My less than 2 cents:

Europe is preparing for a possible administration change in the US.

They know they may be alone vs pooty.

Good. When they’re not, it will be, as Macron put it, a bonus. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m still surprised the Russians didn’t crack down hard, but I expect a bunch of these people to be rounded up later on when things die down,

Navalny was buried:

Alexey Navalny’s coffin has been lowered into the ground to the sound of Frank Sinatra’s ‘My Way,’ his team reported during a live transmission of the burial ceremony.

Navalny’s team also said it is struggling with transmission due to communication jamming at the location. CNN has been experiencing similar issues. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

AIM 260. I believe Ukraine already has been provided AIM 120 variants for use in the NASAMS air defense system. I assume, but don't know, those AIM-120s could still be used by aircraft like the F-16 with minimal work. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 2