Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

No.  You ( being Ukraine ) do not create an widely disseminated program for Russian soldiers to defect, and then, when they do, essentially murder them in contravention of the Geneva Convention. 

NATO is not Russia. Ukraine is not Russia. Fuck the Russians! But as to this kind of talk, just simma. 

You know I was joking?

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If they had the ability to transport even 30,000 fresh troops into the fight, we would have seen it.  300,000 is fucking laughable unless they are going to march them from railheads in Belarus into Ukraine.  Even then, they’ll be slow as duck, and the desertions at night will be amazing.

300,000 troops with commissars at their backs, shooting deserters, can have some effect.  I'm not OVERLY worried about another assault on Kyiv from two directions....but I'm concerned.  That's a lot of Russians to kill.  We need to make sure Ukraine has the weapons, ammo, and troops to get that job done.  

Because honestly, that's the war.  Annihilation of the Russian military is the only path to Ukrainian victory.  So.....best get to killing more of them, and pick up the pace.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

300,000 troops with commissars at their backs, shooting deserters, can have some effect.  I'm not OVERLY worried about another assault on Kyiv from two directions....but I'm concerned.  That's a lot of Russians to kill.  We need to make sure Ukraine has the weapons, ammo, and troops to get that job done.  

Agreed to an extent, but a shitload of those dudes are going to have to be on foot, and that gives a man a lot of time to think about what’s waiting for them in Ukraine, gives them a chance to get the drop on the commissars (who can’t be awake 24/7) and gives Ukrainian artillery plenty of time to tear those formations apart.

And just imagine the HIMARS with the tungsten fragments that are literally designed to tear apart people and unarmored vehicles.

Its a fucking bluff by Putin to try and scare idiots in the West into thinking that the Russian army is the Soviet army of old.  Russia simply cannot equip and keep 300,000 new soldiers supplied, and also transport them.  We’ve seen how shitty things are for the mobilized,  it’s going to be worse as these 300,000 are getting the shitty stuff that the mobilized didn’t use up.

Now if Putin wanted to completely takeover Belarus, 300,000 troops brought in to Belarus by rail could probably do it.  He has to be royally pissed at Lukashenko at this point.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

So will the Dead Kennedys update the song?
I’d like a word with Sting about his song “Russians” :
“There is no monopoly on common sense, on either side of the political fence. 
We share the same biology, regardless of ideology
Believe me when I say to you, I hope the Russians love their children too”

Upon reflection, I’m sure the Russians love their children too. But sadly, I’m becoming more and more convinced that most Russians don’t give a shit about anyone else’s children. Which is why we have to kill as many Russian fathers and fathers to be, until they get their ass out of Ukraine, quit killing and raping civilians, and quit threatening peaceful nations with both conventional and nuclear destruction.
  • Hook 'Em 4

I’d like a word with Sting about his song “Russians” :
“There is no monopoly on common sense, on either side of the political fence. 
We share the same biology, regardless of ideology
Believe me when I say to you, I hope the Russians love their children too”

Upon reflection, I’m sure the Russians love their children too. But sadly, I’m becoming more and more convinced that most Russians don’t give a shit about anyone else’s children. Which is why we have to kill as many Russian fathers and fathers to be, until they get their ass out of Ukraine, quit killing and raping civilians, and quit threatening peaceful nations with both conventional and nuclear destruction.

You give them too much credit. Too many examples of mom being happy to get a new Lada in exchange for her obliterated son. Life is cheap in Russia. All of it. So they don’t give a shit about any of it.
  • Hook 'Em 2

The first LNG terminal was put into operation in Germany. "Germany and the EU have significantly increased their security and independence," Chancellor Scholz said at the ceremony. A vessel leased for 10 years from the Norwegian company Leif Höegh berthed in the port of Wilhelmshaven

• Hook 'Em 4

Just have Russian POW's walk shoulder to shoulder through the fields. 

You jest but this is how the Russians treated minefields in WWII. Have infantry go through first and make a bridgehead and set off personnel mines. They figured losses would be the same as if traditionally defended. Then send the sappers through for the anti tank mines. Then the tanks.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The first LNG terminal was put into operation in Germany. "Germany and the EU have significantly increased their security and independence," Chancellor Scholz said at the ceremony. A vessel leased for 10 years from the Norwegian company Leif Höegh berthed in the port of Wilhelmshaven

Honestly, the severing of most of Europe from Russian petro sales for many decades to come is one of the truly amazing results of Putin‘s folly. Russia ain’t getting those markets back, and Russia’s so-called allies won’t be paying top dollar to Russia in any event.

The other thing is the expansion of NATO to surround Russia’s borders, with the resulting military coordination of countries like Finland, Sweden, Norway and Poland (which includes an increased military buildup in all of them). They realize that they can’t count on America to bail them out of Russian military adventurism. To be sure, they also know that Russia is not as formidable as they thought, and that even a united Europe can beat the crap out of those Mobics with shitty weapons.

Thanks Vlad.

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 9

For those who want something to listen to in the background, General Ben Hodges gave a little talk and took some questions last week.  Just over an hour long, and outside of some maps, you can just listen to it.  He talks about why he doesn’t understand so many Russians dying for Bakhmut and wonders if it’s something happening outside of the control of the Russian military chiefs and is done by Wagner on orders from Putin, or the Wagner head.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64016599

Russia says it will deploy musicians to the front lines of its war in Ukraine in a bid to boost morale. 

The defence ministry announced the formation of the "front-line creative brigade" this week, saying it would include both vocalists and musicians.

The UK said the new creative brigade - which follows a recent campaign, urging the public to donate musical instruments to troops - is in keeping with the historic use of "military music and organised entertainment" to boost morale.

But they questioned whether the new brigade would actually distract troops, who have been primarily concerned about "very high casualty rates, poor leadership, pay problems, lack of equipment and ammunition, and lack of clarity about the war's objectives". 

According to the Russian outlet RBC news, the brigade will consist of troops mobilised under President Vladimir Putin's recruitment drive, as well as "professional artists who voluntarily entered military service". 

The new unit will be tasked with maintaining "a high moral, political and psychological state [among] the participants of the special military operation," the outlet cited the defence ministry as saying.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Bevo said:

It seems like they always threaten England and the US. Why not Germany, France, Poland and the Czech Republic?

If they could scare the people and governments of the US or the UK into reducing or dropping the arms shipments and other support to Ukraine, Germany and France would join in and stop supporting them.  The Poles will keep supporting them until they have nothing left to send but rocks and sharp sticks,

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, Bevo said:

It seems like they always threaten England and the US. Why not Germany, France, Poland and the Czech Republic?

Because England and the US got the scrappy fightin' cray. Germany's jittery, France is fine with whatever so long as they get to eventually take everything valuable out of Africa again. Czech is tiny. Poland is scrappy fightin' cray too, but Russians prolly don't want to nuke too much of old Tsarist Russia.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

Russia and Belarus will have joint drills in Belarus. This is a pretty cheap way of doing a “feint” and tying down Ukrainian attention to the Belarus border and it also puts in place the possibility to turn it into more if that’s what is decided. Not to mention, it gets thousands of Russian troops in place to intervene in Belarus itself. Lukashenka can’t be loving this at all.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

So waaay back in April, when there was a specific attack that at the time that the UKr's really REALLY thought they killed Gerasimov along with 2 or 3 other generals

I actually think they got 1 of their 8 dead generals in that attack, and later reports came out that Gerasimov might have sustained a small wound, but he lived.

well it turns out, that the U.S. knew exactly where Gerasimov was, and kept that information from Ukraine, because they were afraid that killing the 2nd in command of the whole Russian Army might have "escalated" the conflict even more  (how they thought that in APRIL, I have no fucking idea), because we all realized by then that it was by sheer force of numbers that Russia was doing anything on their Eastern/Southern fronts, not because of anything special they were doing.   

But the U.S. kept the Gerasimov visit and location secret, and tried to keep the UKr's from figuring it out... but those sneaky UKr's did on their own... so the U.S. then tried to get them to STOP the attack on the headquarters that held Gerasimov (too late it turned out)

But this is highly disappointing to read.   wiping out Gerasimov and 4 or 5 of his underling generals that were all following him would have majorly helped Ukraine in the conflict decapitating the guys who at least know where everyone is... and I would think that losing your countries #2 General to a bunch of upstart Ukrainians would have possibly woken the Russian public up faster to the fact that their country and army are led by morons.

US officials tried to stop Ukraine from killing high-ranking Russian general who was on a risky visit to the front lines, report says

sort of the price of fighting parallel with someone instead of being explicitly allies like it was a NATO country or something.  We have 99% aligned goals, this sounds like part of the 1%.

• Hook 'Em 1