Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I didn’t see this in all the news about the dam. Hoping it comes through— the Hornet is a great aircraft for them and there’s more of them floating around (and more to become available) than you may realize. Finland, Canada, and Spain all fly them right now, the Finns are going F-35 and the Canadians likely will too. 

Canada announced moving to the F-35. 

Good fit, and get more of the F-16's to NATO allies in exchange for the Russian aircraft Ukraine can fly AND maintain today. 

Thank you Putin, you master of strategy, we are going to unify NATO like never before. 

Oh, and stop blowing up shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I didn’t see this in all the news about the dam. Hoping it comes through— the Hornet is a great aircraft for them and there’s more of them floating around (and more to become available) than you may realize. Finland, Canada, and Spain all fly them right now, the Finns are going F-35 and the Canadians likely will too. 

Shorter runway required. Not nearly as little tolerance for debris as the F-16. Much more compact maintenance systems. I'm not saying easier, necessarily, but compact because of the need to be carrier ready. Two engines. 

I wish there was some way to modernize their suite before handing them over so they are true 4.5 generation aircraft. I don't know what kind of upgrades these planes have. I did like the part of them not operating at sea so they're in better shape than they otherwise would be. 

This would be huge. It sounds like it's practically a done deal, too. It says four months to get them to Ukraine. I know we'd all love it to be sooner, but 4 months sounds like a much better time frame than I thought it might be for western fighters to be deployed. 

Great catch, 956 Worldwide. Thanks for sharing.

• Hook 'Em 7

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

not proved, but pretty reliable source. seen on a few links. Ukrainian Beaver brigade. Putin will claim they are secret Canadian NATO forces. 

I mean, I know of a place not too far upstream that could use a REALLY BIG beaver dam right about now. 

• Haha 5

4.5 gen aircraft remain important, in-demand assets for the U.S. and other NATO Allies, a lot of what makes them “4.5 gen” are radars and other systems that we have in true 5th gen aircraft. It’s unlikely that we’d pass that off to Ukraine even if the timeline allowed it, given that we are removing even less sensitive systems from things like the Abrams they are getting. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

4.5 gen aircraft remain important, in-demand assets for the U.S. and other NATO Allies, a lot of what makes them “4.5 gen” are radars and other systems that we have in true 5th gen aircraft. It’s unlikely that we’d pass that off to Ukraine even if the timeline allowed it, given that we are removing even less sensitive systems from things like the Abrams they are getting. 

Agree, but right now they have to hold their own, until Summer I fear. Hit where they can, if they can exploit, great. 

But they will be in NATO at some point and I would trust them (especially after this) like I would the Finns, Canadians and Spanish with some serious equipment. I live with a Canadian. His joke about the CF-18 vs. the F-18 is ours can see shit. 

Basically with the Scandanavians, Canada, Japan and the US running F-35's that is one hell of an integrated element. Plus we can recycle our C-C people who can talk to F-18's. 

Ukraine wins, they get them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Interesting. Looking at this angle the shit broke into the center. That is where the Russian's hit it the first time. Russia "kind of" controlled the dam, but those clean breaks were not airstrikes. This dudes says there were no air attacks. Smart engineers please chime in. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I won’t link to the sites, but TASS now claims Ukraine used a Storm Shadow to blow up the dam.  Of course you knew this was coming, and note how it changed from “shelling.” 

Seeing the same, but no one on the ground reports airstrikes. Talked to a buddy. He said, nah, that fucker either collapsed from the first Russian mining or was hit on the inside. Oh, and now seeing Russian side is mined and blowing up. Old ass pressure mines is my guess. Snow will set them off. 

Now, for payback also seeing calls to use Storm Shadows on the Bitch Putin Bridge of All Glory. Tit for Tat. 

And Rules matter. So here is a Ukrainian soldier pointing at her Tit. Sorry, armor is covering up the Tat. 

image.png.02f31677357e268e9b4ba6be31f450e0.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Interesting. Looking at this angle the shit broke into the center. That is where the Russian's hit it the first time. Russia "kind of" controlled the dam, but those clean breaks were not airstrikes. This dudes says there were no air attacks. Smart engineers please chime in. 

Don't worry, Guys.  Seymour Hersh s gonna get to the bottom of this!

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

To those faint of heart, the videos coming out now from the region are quite rough. Not saying who did it (Fuck the Russian Nazi bastards) but damn. Farms and villages just going under. 

more on the dam. TL;DR- Shits ferked. Lot of water. No repair. 

Reports that 16,000 people live in critical risk zones downstream. Evacuations have already begun. 

I think the human and environmental toll of this is being lost in the discussion of who did it (agree I think you have to lean Russia unless shown otherwise) and what the impact will be on the fighting. This is a massive disaster, incredibly sad. It says something about the brutality of the conflict that we can be numb to that.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I think the human and environmental toll of this is being lost in the discussion of who did it (agree I think you have to lean Russia unless shown otherwise) and what the impact will be on the fighting. This is a massive disaster, incredibly sad. It says something about the brutality of the conflict that we can be numb to that.

If this also results in a meltdown it could contaminate the river and the water supply for generations. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Agree, but right now they have to hold their own, until Summer I fear. Hit where they can, if they can exploit, great. 

But they will be in NATO at some point and I would trust them (especially after this) like I would the Finns, Canadians and Spanish with some serious equipment. I live with a Canadian. His joke about the CF-18 vs. the F-18 is ours can see shit. 

Basically with the Scandanavians, Canada, Japan and the US running F-35's that is one hell of an integrated element. Plus we can recycle our C-C people who can talk to F-18's. 

Ukraine wins, they get them. 

I’d think the main worry would be loss of an airframe than that the AFU would compromise the tech.

In any case, I was reading on The Warzone that these F-18s are upgraded to about C/D capability. And important— they’ve been in service with the Australian Air Force, so not exposed to salt water or bouncing around on a carrier. They should be pretty good airplanes.  And the Hornet is a more robust airplane than an F-16 because it was designed for carrier ops, a bit better for Ukrainian use. 

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Isn't that resivior one of the primary water sources for the Crimean peninsula? Plus with the flooding, a huge chunk of prime farmland is underwater and not growing much needed food. 

Russia is just causing damage and chaos on their way out now

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Would love to hear from an engineer on this. I’m nothing of the sort, but I can’t see how this came apart short of something like a direct cruise missile hit, or more likely being mined from the inside. Or failing due other reasons, not sabotage.

I feel good dismissing the “Storm Shadow” theory, as I can’t see how Ukraine would recover from using Western weapons to do this. They’d never get what they wanted. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Went and watched some videos of the breached flow.  That’s a lot of flow.  The amount of sediment moving from the reservoir is going to be incredible.  The damage is going to unreal downstream on the low bank.  

I also thought some more about this and the most damage would have been done with explosives in the emergency relief pipes, especially in the wet side because of the basically incompressible nature of water, which means the energy of an explosion can be directed toward the structure.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

Not a lot of discussion on the fact that there was obvious damage to the road and structure that showed up between 28 May and 5 June. Assuming those related pics are real, I wonder if Russia, in their standard incompetence, was trying to destroy some remaining part of the road and inadvertently caused the structure to fail.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

From a tactical point of view, this benefits the Russians.   It seems pretty straight forward from a military perspective to blow the damn to limit Ukrainian mobility in that sector.  

Strategically, it hurts the Russian in Crimea and hurts the Ukrainians everywhere.  

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

time to "Start the Music"

kCy2U7.gif

image.png

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, BamaATL said:

For a moment I thought you were highlighting the pinnacle of American engineering, the 86 Buick Regal Grand National (T-type, 1987 Turbo T, and 1987's GNX and 1989 Pontiac Trans Am).  It's been down hill ever since then, to be sure.  

Corrected. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

If this also results in a meltdown it could contaminate the river and the water supply for generations. 

The sanctions should not end until Ukraine is completely rebuilt and all those responsible for this are in jail or dead.     

• Hook 'Em 8

11 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

unless thats photoshoped thats some next-level Baghdad Bob level of idiocy

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Holy shitballs, I'm sort of impressed with level of dishonesty.  

Another option is he was ordered to do it and has the window behind him on purpose. That way he can say he followed directions while still showing everyone the truth. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1