Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm saying maybe right now isn't the time to be a proud Russian. Shut the fuck up and be European, no one wants Russian bullshit right now in Europe because they are destabilizing the entire fucking continent and committing atrocities. Just like it was inappropriate for the white supremacists movement to protest not being able to be racist when #blacklivesmatter happened. 

So yeah, there isn't any sympathy for Russians right now- in fact they are sanctioned to hell and back. 

Yep. Be in favor or be against, but fuck Russia. I know what side I am on. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, futureman said:

they are protesting being discriminated against for no other reason than being russian. 

Pro Demonstration Tip: Leave the fucking Russian flags at home if you don’t want people treating you like shitty Russians supporting the shitty things other Russians are doing under that same flag. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm saying maybe right now isn't the time to be a proud Russian. Shut the fuck up and be European, no one wants Russian bullshit right now in Europe because they are destabilizing the entire fucking continent and committing atrocities. Just like it was inappropriate for the white supremacists movement to protest not being able to be racist when #blacklivesmatter happened. 

So yeah, there isn't any sympathy for Russians right now- in fact they are sanctioned to hell and back. 

those people protesting aren’t pro-war. they are trying to live their lives in europe and they don’t have anything to do with any of what’s going on and they’re being harassed and attacked. so we’re cool with that? I’ll fall in line wherever the virtue lies, just want clarification. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So we’re headed towards another massive land war in Europe so the ussr can be put back together so that Russia and China can dominate global politics and economics?

Baby Boomers and Gen Xers realized that the Millennials and Boomers have had it too easy and need some good old fashioned paranoia over a nuclear war.  The 2022 version of The Day After is going to be amazing.

1 minute ago, futureman said:

those people protesting aren’t pro-war. they are trying to live their lives in europe and they don’t have anything to do with any of what’s going on and they’re being harassed and attacked. so we’re cool with that? I’ll fall in line wherever the virtue lies, just want clarification. 

What they are complaining about is partly what Russia has used to justify the murder/genocide in Ukraine, so now is probably not a good time to try and generate sympathy for their cause.

Wait until Russia stops fucking around and then raise awareness (admittedly if Russia keeps up the murder/genocide, then there won't be much sympathy).

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

What they are complaining about is partly what Russia has used to justify the murder/genocide in Ukraine, so now is probably not a good time to try and generate sympathy for their cause.

Wait until Russia stops fucking around and then raise awareness (admittedly if Russia keeps up the murder/genocide, then there won't be much sympathy).

It is Futureman posting. The moral lead of the Surl. Basically our OK Pastor. Aggy would make him their commissar. 

Just now, futureman said:

I mean, I’m truly perplexed. there are russians in austin. there’s a russian orthodox church in austin. we’re supposed to treat those people like shit now?  I’m just trying to figure out what’s right and what’s not. 

Yes, Protest them. Go paint a UA flag in front of the Church. They want to protest discrimination, well I want to protest mass murder and genocide. You be you Fam. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Yes, Protest them. Go paint a UA flag in front of the Church. They want to protest discrimination, well I want to protest mass murder and genocide. You be you Fam. 

ok, so prejudice and racism is awful most of the time. except when it’s not. it’s hard to thread the social needle these days but I think I’m catching on. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

The leader of Ukraine's military, that most of us have never heard of

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/08/ukraines-iron-general-zaluzhnyy-00023901

Damn good article. Amazing how well we, and our allies, train and advise. Was talking to my dad about it this morning. He was a mustang and said one thing. We train thinkers , not doers, and thinkers lead. Love that approach

• Like 2

they are protesting being discriminated against for no other reason than being russian. 

Then perhaps they shouldn’t have paraded around Berlin last week flying Russian flags in support of the war.
Quietly being an ethnic Russian? No sweat. Flying the flag of a country currently gleefully committing genocide? Not the BEST plan for garnering sympathy.
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

I mean, I’m truly perplexed. there are russians in austin. there’s a russian orthodox church in austin. we’re supposed to treat those people like shit now?  

If they hold a pro-Russia rally, then people should tell them to fuck off/give them the bird.

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

I’m just trying to figure out what’s right and what’s not. 

No you're not.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

They may think this is showing some kind of projection of power when they release these videos, but all it does is remind everybody that they never had air superiority, and so they waste a shitload of money on cruise missiles because they (or their pilots) are afraid of flying aircraft on bombing runs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

I mean, I’m truly perplexed. there are russians in austin. there’s a russian orthodox church in austin. we’re supposed to treat those people like shit now?  I’m just trying to figure out what’s right and what’s not. 

What are you even on about? I'll play anyway. 

1) Russians in Austin are not protesting and being pro Russian any more than they were before and chances are they are not at all sympathetic to the current Russian special military opposition and are likely protesting as well. The ones that aren't fall into the same category as people who are pro Russia and the special operation. This isnt hard calculus. 

2) Russian Orthodox church is legitimately and repeatedly calling for genocide, so yeah fuck those mother fuckers. Saying God hates Ukraine is bullshit and you know it. 

3) No one is advocating for treating people any which way, but you don't get to complain about pro Ukraine and anti Russia things when those things have nothing to do with you and have to do with a much larger social and global crisis. 

Pull your head out of your ass and read what I posted for what it is, a mockery of those who think their beliefs are being stifled by people who are exercising their right to not be trampled on and genocided. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

What are you even on about? I'll play anyway. 

1) Russians in Austin are not protesting and being pro Russian any more than they were before and chances are they are not at all sympathetic to the current Russian special military opposition and are likely protesting as well. The ones that aren't fall into the same category as people who are pro Russia and the special operation. This isnt hard calculus. 

2) Russian Orthodox church is legitimately and repeatedly calling for genocide, so yeah fuck those mother fuckers. Saying God hates Ukraine is bullshit and you know it. 

3) No one is advocating for treating people any which way, but you don't get to complain about pro Ukraine and anti Russia things when those things have nothing to do with you and have to do with a much larger social and global crisis. 

Pull your head out of your ass and read what I posted for what it is, a mockery of those who think their beliefs are being stifled by people who are exercising their right to not be trampled on and genocided. 

so, members of the russian orthodox church in austin deserve to be harassed? at home and in public. because “fuck those mother fuckers” as you so eloquently put it. I was a little unsure of where I should stand on that but you’ve helped. 

• Fuck You 7

so, members of the russian orthodox church in austin deserve to be harassed? at home and in public. because “fuck those mother fuckers” as you so eloquently put it. I was a little unsure of where I should stand on that but you’ve helped. 

See ya. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

You think you’re more clever than you actually are. It’s painful to read, frankly

35 minutes ago, futureman said:

ok, so prejudice and racism is awful most of the time. except when it’s not. it’s hard to thread the social needle these days but I think I’m catching on. 

351D1400-04B7-4520-9D01-A5A46053649B.gif.07825e6a6ec726689a1b5d213136dae2.gif

Perhaps the problem is that those Russians are not condemning Russia, but supporting Russia ….like brain washed Russians everywhere tend to do?

Can you provide evidence that anti-Putin/Russia German Russians are being discriminated against?  I’d bet my house that most of those German Russians are mad because they are seen as assholes for not condemning/siding with Russia.  

Educate me on this.   Your broad-brush Russians as victims screed is perplexing, given the Russian flags they carry seems to denote support for Russia in a time where any decent human would not want to be associated with that.

edit: sorry. Did not see the vacation before I posted. 

Edited by Gatorubet

29 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Futureman rooted for Ivan Drago.

over Sylvester Stallone and his brother, Francesco? Hell yeah. And I rooted for the German, Das Sound Machine, over the Barden Bellas. I did root for the Wolverines, though.

Edited by Bevo

4 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Where you been? 

That comment didn’t age well, did it!

I’ve been following the thread, and of course the events outside of here. I had a long post planned referencing Gibbons’ The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, and how he identified one of the issues being that there wasn’t really room for great emperors and generals to coincide. One of the many issues with autocratic rule, regardless of its comparative efficiency in making decisions when compared to representative democracy. 

When there was a weak emperor and strong military leadership, the leadership would replace the emperor. When there was a strong emperor he made sure to eliminate strong generals who were potential threats. Only rarely could a strong emperor stomach potential rivalries from strong generals, which is when you get someone like Justinian. 

In any case, this is an issue with both the Russian and the Chinese militaries. Competency is not only not rewarded, it is often discouraged to the point of elimination. So even the most competent military leadership learn to hide their competency. 

In fairness I first read this in the Foundation trilogy by Asimov when I was a pre teen, but later realized he copied some of his ideas from Gibbons. Not in a bad way, 

The French election is interesting. I can’t imagine Le Pen winning, but she’s apparently very close. I’m not making the same mistakes I did with Trump and Brexit where I didn’t take seriously the votes going the way they did until they did. That would be a huge wrinkle, and not in a good way. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, futureman said:

When the US finally declared war on Germany in 1917, most all the ethnic German families in my mom’s hometown of Flat River, Missouri were run out of town. 
My mom, being half ethnic German on her dad’s side (the other half French) was ostracized by her lifelong playmates, was called nasty names, and was spit on. This went on until the Armistice, and then her former friends welcomed her back into their circle as if nothing had happened.

The only reason that her family wasn’t room out of town earlier with all the rest was the fact that my grandpa was the only technician/mechanic who could keep the machinery running at the huge lead mine where he had been employed for twenty years.

She never forgot that treatment. The family had always been low key as far as politics go and were 2nd & 3rd generation US born.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

This thread is making me really uncomfortable with the fuck Russians thing.  Was it ok to beat up Muslims because they didn't openly condemn ISIS?  Was it ok when we beat up Asians because Covid.  Yeah.  Fuck this.  I'm out.  

Edit.  Let's just put all Russians in internment camps for now

Edited by FartingMonk
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

This thread is making me really uncomfortable with the fuck Russians thing.  Was it ok to beat up Muslims because they didn't openly condemn ISIS?  Was it ok when we beat up Asians because Covid.  Yeah.  Fuck this.  I'm out.  

What about sexy onlyfans camps?

50 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

That comment didn’t age well, did it!

In fairness, there were a lot of misses early on. We have been watching it though, more than I ever imagined we would be able to.

There was another post about some variant of the T-72 that was gonna fuck some shit up and I wondered which rusty hulk of scrap metal it turned out to be.

Except zero people have agreed with a straw man position of “oh, so we should just shit on Russians because they are Russian?”
Instead, people had called for “fuck Russia” with respect to Russians that have paraded through Berlin flying Russian flags I support of them war, and are now whining about the consequences.
Declare your allegiance to Putin and Russia as it wages a war of genocide….yeah, catch shit.
  • Hook 'Em 7

45 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

I'm not comfortable with it. Russia House took down Russia off their sign to distance from it. I wasn't cool with how brown people took it on the chin during Iraq. Or Asians during Covid. 

If they are marching in support of Putin and present events, not much sympathy for them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Also, as someone who lives in Europe, in a town with a huge former Soviet diaspora and a nasty history with Russians— you hear Russian all over the street and have since before the war.  The locals don’t know if you are Russian, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Kazakh Russian, or whatever. They all use Russian as the lingua franca and no one gives a shit and no one gives them shit.  You only get shit if you act like an asshole and start shit (and to be blunt— it’s usually Russians with too much money and a bad attitude that start shit or are rude to locals.  They’ve simmered down recently, though, I noticed). 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Like 1