Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

28 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

^That was a whole lot of 3 tweet posts, if it still jacks your phone up let me know, that means it's not the tweets per post, but tweets per page, which means I need to space it out more. Or I can try quoting/spoilering/etc.

Works fine for me on mobile.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

In fairness, there were a lot of misses early on. We have been watching it though, more than I ever imagined we would be able to.

There was another post about some variant of the T-72 that was gonna fuck some shit up and I wondered which rusty hulk of scrap metal it turned out to be.

Russian tanks have turned out to be like the blue and white striped shirts - something to a lot of Russian soldiers are dying in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Interesting map, if accurate.  That peninsula southwest of Kherson shown as Ukraine controlled, on the south side of the Dnipro, is just farmland and lots of marshes.  But it could be strategic in drawing the map of offshore mineral rights if a stalemate settlement leaves Crimea and up to near Kherson in Russian hands.

FQBTP2nXEAMX9VW?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://twitter.com/War_Mapper/status/1513306246358708229

Zelenskyy was good on 60 Minutes tonight. Obviously tired/drained but focused and thoughtful. He said we shouldn’t fear Russia’s nukes. Also would like more weapons more quickly; said he gave Biden a list. He was not remorseful about telling NATO they are being weak (stop fearing Russia) or about telling the UN Security Council it shouldn’t exist if they can’t do something about this situation. Both maybe correct, but pretty strong statements. He justified it by saying he doesn’t have any more lives/emotions/time to put into diplomacy that is more bureaucracy than results.

When asked how they’ve been so successful against the Russians, he said the people, the armed forces, everyone came together as “one fist”. Pretty good line.

Also, more dead bodies shown in prime time than maybe ever on US network TV. Had some other good interviews and good camerawork on the ground. Worth the time to watch.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, immamac said:

Don't worry he's on a long vacation, if he's lucky he will be able to post about the spring game. This is the wrong thread to troll in or victim blame. 

Futureman has and always will suck, but that's some grade A horseshit on your part. He's making a legitimate point. I'm really fucking uncomfortable with the "let's round'em all up and ship them back" line being trotted out here.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Futureman has and always will suck, but that's some grade A horseshit on your part. He's making a legitimate point. I'm really fucking uncomfortable with the "let's round'em all up and ship them back" line being trotted out here.

What the fuck are you talking about? Can you read? Where have I or anyone else in this thread said anything like that about Russian people just for being Russian? Futureman was legit trolling. IDC if people want to discuss the merits of russophobia as it relates to the conflict, futureman was no longer doing that. 

2 minutes ago, PhillyD said:

He was straight out trolling, just like he always does.

Straight up. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, immamac said:

What the fuck are you talking about? Can you read? Where have I or anyone else in this thread said anything like that about Russian people just for being Russian? Futureman was legit trolling. IDC if people want to discuss the merits of russophobia as it relates to the conflict, futureman was no longer doing that. 

Straight up. 

Brisket has done exactly that dozens of times on this thread. Can you read, man?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Brisket has done exactly that dozens of times on this thread. Can you read, man?

What? Report the posts - brisket uses extreme hyperbole in his posting style quite a bit (basically all the time). Are you suggesting some of his posts aren't hyperbole? 

6 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

This thread is making me really uncomfortable with the fuck Russians thing.  Was it ok to beat up Muslims because they didn't openly condemn ISIS?  Was it ok when we beat up Asians because Covid.  Yeah.  Fuck this.  I'm out.  

Edit.  Let's just put all Russians in internment camps for now

Short, but outstanding post. Thank you.

I do think that we should functionally shut off relations with Russia, and that includes not recognizing Russian passports. If you are here on a Russian passport, you should choose: ask for asylum, or go back to your home country.
Not ethnic Russians - actual Russians here on Russian passports.
And as for repercussions for Russians parading around Berlin waving Russian flags and cheering for a genocidal army…yeah, I’m good with a “fuck em” for those people, too. Actions have consequences.
  • Hook 'Em 4

44 minutes ago, The Dog said:

This one jumped out at me, and I think it's why Russia is struggling so much.

And keep in mind that they've lost basically 9 colonels - basically 9 regimental commanders, which means their battalion commander losses have to be much higher, and the Russian system does not seem to do a good job of preparing a junior officer to take over for a senior officer, and every one of those 9 colonels means that people moved up, including potentially taking battalion commanders and moving them up.  So however many battalion commanders killed or wounded + however many battalion commanders that were moved up to regiment, and you have a situation where many BTGs are running with lesser officers.

Anyways, each BTG has somewhere around 700-1,000 soldiers - 250 infantrymen (give or take 25-50), 10 tanks and 40 infantry fighting vehicles/armored personnel carriers, and should also have some artillery and some anti-air.   In theory, if you can incapacitate 50 or more infantry (actual infantry) and 4-5 tanks, you've put the BTG in a position where it's stuck on the defensive, because it's no longer capable of going on the offensive.  And that's before we get into the fact that the Russians don't seem to be running dismounted infantry in support of their tanks.  If all of the infantry is buttoned up in their vehicles, doesn't take too many Javelins, etc., to have an effect, when the vehicles are carrying around 7 infantry apiece.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Armybrat said:

When the US finally declared war on Germany in 1917, most all the ethnic German families in my mom’s hometown of Flat River, Missouri were run out of town. 
My mom, being half ethnic German on her dad’s side (the other half French) was ostracized by her lifelong playmates, was called nasty names, and was spit on. 

1) Flat River Missouri.   Moose out front…;

2) Lots of anti-Hun prejudice in WWI.  The British Royal family changed their name from Battenberg to Mountbatten to sound more English/less German due to anti-German sentiment. 

Sorry your mom had to experience small town prejudice.   Even the Comanche would steal a Kraut. 

And this is in the heavily wooded areas - lot of people are saying the open flat areas will benefit the Russians, but given the Ukrainian drone game, and the ease of spotting Russian vehicles, it can't be that much of a benefit.

Also, this has to be a Ukrainian drinking song.  Probably about fighting.

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Yeah. I mean, futureman had it coming, for a Lifetime Achievement Award if nothing else, but there absolutely has been anti-Russian people sentiment expressed here.

18 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Yeah. I mean, futureman had it coming, for a Lifetime Achievement Award if nothing else, but there absolutely has been anti-Russian people sentiment expressed here.

There's a lot of frustration and anger that the Russian people as a whole (and I'm referring to citizens of Russia), are not doing anything about the war, and are even buying into the state media's propaganda.

For a brief moment it looked like many of them would get out in the streets and start shit and try and derail Putin's grab for Ukraine, but that faded as people were rounded up, etc.    So now the only thing that can stop this war is Putin dying/being killed, or being booted out in a coup, only he's surrounded himself with people who won't do that (and that is another huge disappointment - I was hoping somebody around him would hate losing their overseas assets).

With that said, a shitload of Russians, mostly younger, fled Russia for other countries.

9 hours ago, Armybrat said:

When the US finally declared war on Germany in 1917, most all the ethnic German families in my mom’s hometown of Flat River, Missouri were run out of town. 
My mom, being half ethnic German on her dad’s side (the other half French) was ostracized by her lifelong playmates, was called nasty names, and was spit on. This went on until the Armistice, and then her former friends welcomed her back into their circle as if nothing had happened.

The only reason that her family wasn’t room out of town earlier with all the rest was the fact that my grandpa was the only technician/mechanic who could keep the machinery running at the huge lead mine where he had been employed for twenty years.

She never forgot that treatment. The family had always been low key as far as politics go and were 2nd & 3rd generation US born.

On this note my German ancestors fled Prussia in the other '49ers movement being the Prussian purge of the intelligentsia in 1849. They arrived and became wagon drivers for the Union in the Civil war to earn our family's farm land. Three generations spoke German as their main language until 1917. My grandmother born in 1901 was the last to learn/speak German. The US was a multilingual from all the immigrants until WWI.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 1

This is one of the popular, younger (born 1998) Russian YouTubers who bailed on Russia, and if you look at the Russian YouTubers who stayed behind they are either straight-on apologists/cheerleaders for Russia, or are trying to pretend like Ukraine isn’t happening  and are just wrapped up in some kind of weird fantasy world. 

He’s got an interesting perspective because he grew up with the internet, and without the Cold War coloring his views on the world. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clintonaldo said:

Won’t someone think of the poor Russians

I love the logical fallacy of "just because Ukrainians are being invaded and Russia is trying to wipe them off the earth doesn't mean that people are allowed to have negative sentiment towards Russia right now." Like those 2 things have nothing to do with each other. It's insanity. And if you think that then yeah maybe this thread isn't the thread for you.