Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

9 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

You are a moron for quoting Future’s false assertion.     Flying Russian flags is supporting Russia, so no, your last statement is also demonstrably false.  Nobody is saying there is no chance that some Russian might be getting unacceptable harassment from someone whose mom or grandma got raped in 1945.  Or who is just a prejudiced  moron (see China Flu Asian asshattery in the US). We can’t control everyone.   But look at who organized the march, and look at the assholes carrying Russian flags.   They support murder rape and genocide by that show of Russian support. The fact they’re denying those things are real is no defense.  Fuck them.  

1.)  who organized the march?  that article doesn't mention that.

2.)  you automatically assume everyone carrying russian flags is supporting the war.  where does it say that in the article?  i'll save you time since you didn't read it.  it doesn't.  what it DOES say is ..

Around 800 people descended on financial hub Frankfurt Sunday, police said, amid a sea of Russian flags to protest "against hatred and harassment", an AFP journalist saw. There was a heavy police presence.

your last sentence which i bolded is a great example of what i and several others are concerned about.  you're projecting your feelings of what they believe, who they are, and consequentially what "justice" they deserve onto them.   

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

There actually is no British nuclear football.

The British nuclear deterrent is entirely submarine-based.  And it is envisioned that the only time in which British nuclear weapons would be used is in response to a Russian first strike.  So it basically operates off a dead-man's switch.

In the event of a Russian first strike against the United Kingdom, the Cabinet would go down to a bunker underneath the Ministry of Defence from which nuclear weapons would be commanded.  If the bunker did not survive and the submarines are unable to reach the Admiralty, then the captain opens the Letters of Last Resort.

. . . Ok--and here's where it all gets very, very British: At the beginning of a PM's term, s/he writes four identical Letters of Last Resort (one for each of the Royal Navy's SSBNs), which are locked in a safe aboard the submarine.  The Letters give the instructions for what to do if the submarine cannot contact the UK.  It is reported that they fall into one of four categories: 1) Retaliate; 2) Do not retaliate; 3) Exercise the captain's judgment; or 4) Put the submarine under the command of an allied navy (usually identified as either the U.S. or the Australian Navy).  When the Letters are not opened at the end of the PM's term, they are destroyed.

Pretty cool factoid. I'm picturing Boris's scrawled on the back of a pub napkin.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

2.)  you automatically assume everyone carrying russian flags is supporting the war.  where does it say that in the article?  i'll save you time since you didn't read it.  it doesn't.  what it DOES say is ..

your last sentence which i bolded is a great example of what i and several others are concerned about.  you're projecting your feelings of what they believe, who they are, and consequentially what "justice" they deserve onto them.   

The organizers of the rally in Berlin were individuals who run pro-Kremlin social media accounts.  That’s why they are out celebrating “heritage not hate.” 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

Yeah.  You seem bereft of critical thinking skills.  If you can go with “Folks carrying Russian flags in a time of war are clearly not supporting Russia - ‘cause some article did not expressly say that they were”, making other points would be a waste of my time.

Hint: Anyone supporting Russia at this time is supporting the war.  Nice job trying to separate Russia and its flag from Russia and the actions done under that flag. 

Hint: Russia likes to create these events to further their interests and get folks like you to assist their whataboutism and false equivalency defense of Russian actions.    Congrats on helping Putin. Think of the poor, poor Russians protesting in a country where you can protest and not get sent to jail for 15 years like…..Russia. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Here are some Russians protesting in Prague a few weeks ago. They were applauded.  Two questions:

1. Spot the difference between them and the dickheads in Germany.

2. Which protest did more to combat anti-Russian sentiment in their host nation, if that is indeed the goal?

image.jpeg.b3fc78bf5eb4cabbb6a27541999ff9a6.jpeg

ROUND'EM UP!

sorry @DigglerontheHoof, couldn't resist.

2 hours ago, CHIEF said:

I kept waiting for machine guns to mow them down. Would have been a great tweet to send to the Kremlin.

CHIEF

futuremoron:  why are we gunning down these russians for running, ...running through a field!?  how do we know that these russians abroad aren't their for a picnic.

i'm confused. please answer.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is one of the popular, younger (born 1998) Russian YouTubers who bailed on Russia, and if you look at the Russian YouTubers who stayed behind they are either straight-on apologists/cheerleaders for Russia, or are trying to pretend like Ukraine isn’t happening  and are just wrapped up in some kind of weird fantasy world. 

He’s got an interesting perspective because he grew up with the internet, and without the Cold War coloring his views on the world. 

found this guys comments interesting

When I watch these videos, I feel like Roman is speaking for me, that's how much I can relate. We're just about the same age and share a similar industrial regional city/working class family background. All the hopes and wishes for the future, the way he talks about it rings home so much it hurts. I also moved to Saint Petersburg not long before Roman did and even randomly ran into him at a supermarket haha. The whole situation breaks my heart. A friend of mine from Kyiv, who I have known since 2013 and talked about music with is now posting pictures of himself in military uniform, defending his homeland and his 5 month old son's future from an invasion being waged by a country that happens to be my home. My best friend is American, my girlfriend has family in Estonia. The music I make speaks of the universal human experience. I'm an English teacher. I want to connect and empathise with people, help them, build relationships. Unfortunately, I now feel stuck, facing the reality of living in an increasingly repressive regime or fighting an uphill battle of trying to make my way out of it.

@Jan K.  I can’t possibly confirm or deny this with any statistical certainty, I can only tell you that among all my friends or acquaintances, but more importantly, among my 15 or so students (all of various ages, occupations and geographic location) none are pro-war. At the very least 5 of them have already left the country, more, like me, are considering their options abroad. The only people I know to be sort of pro-war or on the fence are my grandparents and my deadbeat uncle who has no job and lives with them. My dad is just lazy, doesn’t go much on the internet and is conflicted about the situation. It’s clear it doesn’t feel right with him but the only (or just about) information he gets/seeks comes from state TV. There is a million more nuances in determining and studying someone’s attitude and a assessment of the war beyond the fact that someone is Russian, such as age, occupation, media preferences etc. You’d do well to find someone who’s more against this war than those Russians who are actively leaving the county or are trying their best to do so, though. I personally believe it is the ultimate protest.
  • Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Here are some Russians protesting in Prague a few weeks ago. They were applauded.  Two questions:

1. Spot the difference between them and the dickheads in Germany.

2. Which protest did more to combat anti-Russian sentiment in their host nation, if that is indeed the goal?

image.jpeg.b3fc78bf5eb4cabbb6a27541999ff9a6.jpeg

The problem is all Russians look the same.

8 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

What if it is about the war? 

The constant denial is insane.

Maybe the U.S. should drop the 82nd Airborne in Mauripol and when the Russians object our response should be "those are not our troops but if they are our troops then it's just a training exercise. The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain."

(Not actually advocating intervention just commentary on the absurdity of Russian diplomacy.)

1 minute ago, F250 said:

The constant denial is insane.

Maybe the U.S. should drop the 82nd Airborne in Mauripol and when the Russians object our response should be "those are not our troops but if they are our troops then it's just a training exercise. The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain."

(Not actually advocating intervention just commentary on the absurdity of Russian diplomacy.)

Yeah, makes little sense. At some point the west will need to hammer anyone doing business with them, looking at you India. 

Level a nation, say you are not, while the world is watching. Truly 4-D chess. 

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Still 30 day grace period. They're trying to pay in rubles but s&p not allowing it

And they shouldn't.  Payment terms are in dollars.  Can't get dollars to pay, tough titties. Should have thought about that before invading a sovereign nation and trying to eradicate the Ukranian people.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Someone want to explain military parlance of indirect fire for direct hits on armor by artillery fire? Does it just mean those firing the artillery can't see what they are shelling with accuracy?

Indirect fire is a category that encompasses artillery and long-range missiles/bombs. Direct fire is point-to-point, meaning either small arms fire like rifles or direct fire systems like tanks. So you can absolutely be pinpoint accurate using indirect fire, it's just a distinction of what type of armament was used. Meaning they hit you from afar without looking at you directly per se.

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 1

Near Chernihiv, the occupiers mocked not only people but also animals

Orcs organized a "safari" for cows and pigs in the villages of Lukashivka and Ivanivka, which are located near the borders of Chernihiv.

The farmer counted 110 carcasses killed - adult cows and calves.

The occupiers even shot a pregnant cow, which began to calve. From the beginning of the war, children's milk was transported from this farm to Chernihiv free of charge.

"And how much more they ate, shot with machine guns, made kebabs in the church."

The 57th Brigade continues to destroy the occupier in the Luhansk direction.

Edited by MillerEP
  • Rage+1 3

Many are surprised that the racists dug trenches in the Red Forest and were not afraid of radiation exposure. As it turned out, no wonder - Putin's "liberators" were given field maps created in 1985. At that time, there was simply no accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant.

The results of the infantry 57 ompbr on the occupier's technique.

There are ten more of them, they have planes and ships, they have a lot of equipment ... But the Azov Regiment continues to destroy the occupier on the streets of Ukrainian Mariupol!

From these shots from Borodyanka the blood in the veins is cold The first shelling here began on March 1. The houses turned into solid graves of civilians, whom the occupiers forbade to rescue from the rubble.

Explosives technicians have a lot of work to do in Kharkiv

Russian terrorists can't take Kharkiv, so they decided to scatter mines all over the city.

ZSU fighters destroyed the enemy's mortar battery.

This pile of mutilated bodies is only part of a battalion tactical group that Ukrainian soldiers destroyed during the storming of a number of settlements in the Donetsk region.

It is noted that the military armies of the occupiers belonged to a unit that took an active part in the war in Syria.

1st Battalion Tactical Group of the 70th Motorized Rifle Regiment of the 42nd Motorized Rifle Division of the 58th Army of the Southern Military District.

The location of this unit is the city of Shali (the Russian-occupied Chechen Republic of Ichkeria).

The occupiers receive in full from the fighters of the 54th OMBR 🔥

• Hook 'Em 2

As it was: Nova Basan

Footage from Mariupol. The city is under constant siege by Russia.

The Armed Forces destroyed a warehouse with Russian ammunition near the occupied settlement of Luhansk region.

"We have a small Victory - it burned for 2.5 hours that could have killed our people today," said the head of the Luhansk Regional State Administration Serhiy Haidai.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, dimyh said:

More "of the people" perspective, this time asking if they want the return to a Russian empire. Best answer is the guy around the 1 minute mark, "if it was so great no one would have revolted."

Lot of miseducation about the USSR.  Everyone being equal is horseshit.  There was the ruling class then everyone else.  Pretty similar to current day Russia to be fair.

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Lot of miseducation about the USSR.  Everyone being equal is horseshit.  There was the ruling class then everyone else.  Pretty similar to current day Russia to be fair.

Yep.  Pretty similar to the last several hundred years in Russia, to be fair.  They've always had a bloated ruling class and huge "everyone else" class.  

• Hook 'Em 2