Ryan Day replaces Urban Meyer at Ohio State

Machinator

12 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

"A team of German and US researchers followed more than 115,000 women aged between 25 and 42 for more than ten years. They found those who suffered migraines were 50 per cent more likely to die during the period."

Real migraines, as opposed to 'not-getting-fired' migraines, are like having the worst hangover you've ever had.  It may not kill you, but you kinda wish you were dead.   It's a significant impairment and could definitely lead to mistakes while operating heavy machinery.  

Edited by Monster

16 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

A team of German and US researchers followed more than 115,000 women aged between 25 and 42 for more than ten years. They found those who suffered migraines were 50 per cent more likely to die during the period."

Well shit.  News to me.  I get stress headaches and I know migraines can be debilitating but I had no idea.  Is that from suicide? 

Edited by midtown
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, that would be basically the first time in their history. Pieces of shit are more than overdue for a decade in the desert. 

There is a lot of talent in Ohio and no in-state competition for recruits but LSU proves that bad coaching can fuck up a good situation.   

32 minutes ago, El Hornarino said:

Perhaps.  But if Day is worth anything, he will need to get a good DC.  Why not another Heacock at Ohio State?

It's always a risk.  I do get the impression that Campbell and Heacock really enjoy working together, and Heacock is no spring chicken.  Allegedly he and his wife like Ames and aren't in a real big hurry to uproot again if they don't have to.

I realize every fan of a poachable school has a similar anecdote about someone who up and left (coughFredHoibergcough), but I'm not too worried about him leaving, and if he does, he does.  We likely won't find a DC as good, but our current DL coach Eli Rasheed is a good recruiter and might be ready to make that jump (Campbell likes to hire within his fold).  If he goes outside the program, I trust him to find a quality guy.

21 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

I’m curious if this was part of the deal arrived at during last summer’s scandal: instead of firing him, suspend him a handful of games and make him retire after the season. 

Of course it was. Now we know why all the lawyers were sitting around him during the process. When he wasn’t under a criminal investigation. It was a University issue where the schools President, etc acted as judge, jury, executioner. 

Urban wasn’t going into that without counsel. Not with north of $14 million on the line. And we can guess why Smith lost his shit a few weeks ago. He received his end of the deal that wasn’t what he thought it would be, went out on a bender and started hemorrhaging accusations. OSU had to get him back under his rock.

Then we see Urb’s wife crying after the Michigan game. And as far as I’m concerned, she is still the one that can cause the most problems. If she somehow gets angry, she could hurt them all.

Then you wonder who is still out there who may know about all of this shit going back to Urb’s Florida days. And how do they feel about it? Money makes people do things they claim they never would do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

He's gonna take a victory lap up to, and in to, the Rose Bowl, all whilst letting the fawning Media stroke his ego. Ideally he goes away for awhile and let's Day do his thing.

Who has the Rose Bowl?

I hope it isn't Fox, because, for the Michigan game, they had me sick of hearing about Meyer and his courageous plight and having him seem like Jim Valvano out there. 

Edited by Escapedgoat

Last time was chest pains, now headaches. Wonder what the next retirement will be due to.
Yeah, it's hard to take him at his word, I know for a fact his last case was panic attacks, for whatever reason(s). Being that medical issues are serious, I think people ought to chill regardless of who the person is. I also hope Urbs never got in a players face for exaggerating an injury.

I have a feeling the CFP ranked UGA over tOSU as a FU to Urban for the way he handled Zack Smith and to tOSU for the way they handled Urban. I bet Rob Mullens told Ohio St that this week so they quickly got Urban to "retire".

Edited by n64ra

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Before the bowl game and two weeks before early signing period. Somethings definitely pending

Why would announcing before the bowl game be bad? Now the team heads into bowl practice with a win-one-for-the-gipper attitude instead of feeling let down by having to settle for the Rose Bowl. I thought Washington might be able to pull off an upset if Ohio St played uninspired. But now we may be on track for another Michigan game.

Announcing before signing day is also not without benefit. Now that there's a coaching change, every recruit that has previously taken an official visit to Ohio St is allowed to take another one.

3 hours ago, Hurtlocker said:

"A team of German and US researchers followed more than 115,000 women aged between 25 and 42 for more than ten years. They found those who suffered migraines were 50 per cent more likely to die during the period."

Well, men don’t get periods, so I think he’s in the clear

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Escapedgoat said:

Who has the Rose Bowl?

I hope it isn't Fox, because, for the Michigan game, they had me sick of hearing about Meyer and his courageous plight and having him seem like Jim Valvano out there. 

That's a great comparison.  No mention of the "heart issue" at all.  But detailed pseudo-medical explanations of the "horrific" malady he was going through and repeated claims that his doctors were telling him he couldn't yell or get angry, which made it so remarkable that he could do his job at such a high level.  You would have thought he was getting chemo on the sideline.

Mack Brown reached a national championship game with Greg Davis more recently than Urban Meyer reached one without Tom Herman.

Also, didn't Meyer endorse Steve Addazio as a worthy successor due to his offensive acumen when he left Florida? His Temple and Boston College offenses sure are setting the world on fire. And by setting the world on fire I mean they're usually a complete dumpster fire.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, midtown said:

Well shit.  News to me.  I get stress headaches and I know migraines can be debilitating but I had no idea.  Is that from suicide? 

I don't know to be honest, I think its from related issues, like strokes.   I didn't do a deep dive, just just wondered if anyone did die so did the google.   

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It's always a risk.  I do get the impression that Campbell and Heacock really enjoy working together, and Heacock is no spring chicken.  Allegedly he and his wife like Ames and aren't in a real big hurry to uproot again if they don't have to.

I realize every fan of a poachable school has a similar anecdote about someone who up and left (coughFredHoibergcough), but I'm not too worried about him leaving, and if he does, he does.  We likely won't find a DC as good, but our current DL coach Eli Rasheed is a good recruiter and might be ready to make that jump (Campbell likes to hire within his fold).  If he goes outside the program, I trust him to find a quality guy.

Bulls fan here - you can have Fred Hoiberg back now that we've fucked him up.

1 hour ago, Dewey said:
4 hours ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:
Last time was chest pains, now headaches. Wonder what the next retirement will be due to.

Yeah, it's hard to take him at his word, I know for a fact his last case was panic attacks, for whatever reason(s). Being that medical issues are serious, I think people ought to chill regardless of who the person is. I also hope Urbs never got in a players face for exaggerating an injury.

According to the Project Veritas article, it was quite the opposite in fact:

According to the players, there was a culture under Coach Meyer where injured players would be mocked, and the severity of their injuries would be kept from them.

Nixon spoke specifically of an incident regarding Gideon Ajagbe, a freshman for Meyer’s 2010 Florida Gator team, who contracted a severe infection in his shoulder that led to hospitalization. Before he was hospitalized, Ajagbe was forced to practice and was purposefully subjected to ridicule from the team.

Nixon said Ajagbe “was literally dying.” Despite having “bacteria eating the muscle in his shoulders,” Ajagbe was forced to carry “a 45-pound plate over his head… he was crying.” Nixon believed Meyer’s staff “didn’t adequately acknowledge” Ajagbe’s injury. Ajagbe confirmed this event in his own words:

“… it was bad. A lot of what played into my depression was they humiliated me. They thought I was trying to skip out on practice… the word they used, imma be frank, they said I was a pu**y. They’re like man, you’re a pu**y, you’re soft, you’re this, you’re that… There was one day, my arm was literally dangling, like I couldn’t lift my shoulder… And they were like everybody run like Gideon… The whole team, like everyone was laughing at me.”

Ajagbe said he communicated that he was in pain, but that Meyer’s staff would still push him to practice:

“And they’ll try to make me lift up weights, and I’ll literally have [my bad shoulder] up, I don’t know how I got it up there, but I would put all my weight on [my good shoulder…] But they didn’t know, nobody knew, but it was still like daggers.”

Ajagbe expressed remorse, saying, “My mom and dad sent me out here and they put all their faith in this coaching staff to take care of me.” The abuse nearly led Ajagbe to suicide.

After being examined by medical professionals, Ajagbe became depressed and struggled with pills. “Imma be honest with you, I was suicidal.” ”

Full article here for those that didn't catch it the first time:

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/08/02/an-unfair-game-urban-meyer-a-history-of-abuse/

1 hour ago, Tribe171 said:

Why would announcing before the bowl game be bad? Now the team heads into bowl practice with a win-one-for-the-gipper attitude instead of feeling let down by having to settle for the Rose Bowl. I thought Washington might be able to pull off an upset if Ohio St played uninspired. But now we may be on track for another Michigan game.

Announcing before signing day is also not without benefit. Now that there's a coaching change, every recruit that has previously taken an official visit to Ohio St is allowed to take another one.

Not sure your official visit comment is accurate.....

36 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Still taking cheap shots at his perceived enemies..... that's the real classless Urban Liar way "Live and in Color"..... 

Btw....Timing of resignation was purely to save 2019 Recruiting Class, and small 1st attempt to repair Urby's tarnished reputation.....

• Machinator changed the title to Ryan Day replaces Urban Meyer at Ohio State