2023 Republican Government Shutdown: Same Shit, Same Story

horn4life

3 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

I don't normally condone violence, but if someone went all Charles Sumner on him, I wouldn't cry.

It's not hyperbole to say that he could well be responsible for deaths due to people not being able afford their medication and having to seek some kind of assistance for it.

Convenient timing.

Jailed model who claimed she has dirt on Russian oligarch speaks out

State-owned news agency RIA Novosti, in Vashukevich's first interview since her arrest, quoted her as saying that she is looking forward to a free life. She made no comment about her allegations about Deripaska. 

Deripaska, who also had a working relationship with Paul Manafort, Mr. Trump's former campaign manager who was investigated by special counsel Robert Mueller and convicted last year of tax and bank fraud.

Vashukevich indicated she would turn over the recordings she claimed to have if the U.S. could help secure her release, but later withdrew the offer, suggesting that she and Deripaska had reached an agreement.

Vashukevich's earlier revelation of an alleged affair with Deripaska fueled opposition allegations in Russia of official corruption and enraged the Kremlin. A public scandal erupted in early February last year when Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny published an investigation drawing on her social media posts suggesting corrupt links between Deripaska and a top Kremlin official, Deputy Prime Minister Sergei Prikhodko.

The report featured photos from Deripaska's yacht in 2016, when Vashukevich claimed she was having an affair with him and recorded him.

I see 4 individuals up for re-election in 2020 voted who with the Democrats (Collins, Daines, Gardner, McSally).  Only Miss Lindsey has gone off the fucking deep end.  Burr is probably not going to even run in 2022. 

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Texans.... not okay with diverting Hurricane Harvey funds for a Wall.  They'll raise their voice of they need to!

STFU, Abbott.  You've been shoveling coal into the engine of this Stupid Train as fast as you can.  Now you sit down, shut up, and enjoy the ride to Hell.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m enthused by the comments.  Apparently a lot of people are really pissed off that the Republicans will pay Kremlin oligarchs but not federal workers.

When I called Cruz's office they were very offended that I asked why he was more interested in protecting russian oligarchs than in native Texans' property rights. Apparently that's "conflating two completely different things"

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I just called a senator's office for the first time ever (Cornyn) and left a message calling him a traitor for allowing McConnell to take a vote on lifting Russian sanctions, but not one to re-open the government.  So that was fun.

Which office? His Houston office had a full voicemail box and I couldn't get through to any of em this afternoon. His staffers have been MUCH more courteous than cruz's in my anecdotal experience

8 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Siap, but during the first two years of Trump's presidency, when the GOP held both houses of Congress, how many Senate votes were needed to pass some kind of legislation on a wall? 

51 or was it the 60 number?

They had a deal done and wrapped up for $25Billion in exchange for DACA amnesty and path to citizenship. Then trump blew it up because of nosferatu steven miller et al whispering in his ear. It's never been about safety or about doing what's right. It's about owning the libz.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

When I called Cruz's office they were very offended that I asked why he was more interested in protecting russian oligarchs than in native Texans' property rights. Apparently that's "conflating two completely different things"

Which office? His Houston office had a full voicemail box and I couldn't get through to any of em this afternoon. His staffers have been MUCH more courteous than cruz's in my anecdotal experience

Washington office.  Just gave me a voicemail to leave a comment.  Which I did.  Loudly.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The party of treason 

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

What more evidence is required to show that the GOP is owned by Russian money?

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I just called a senator's office for the first time ever (Cornyn) and left a message calling him a traitor for allowing McConnell to take a vote on lifting Russian sanctions, but not one to re-open the government.  So that was fun.

How many pee tapes are there? 

It's hard to write a serious response to all of this because, on its face, it's an insane farce.

Was it the judge in the Flynn sentencing who almost broke his forehead when his eyebrow shot up at what the Russian conspirator had done? He actually had to remind Mueller that this isn't just a bunch of guys who really shouldn't go to serious jail. Let us all be reminded.

The punishment for treason is death. Aiding and abetting an enemy is treason.

Let there be no bargaining down to stays at Club Fed. Let McConnel and his fellow Reds take their lying asses to the penitentiary or the noose.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Bernie Sanders did not vote.

Another shocker. /sarcasm 

23 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Why the fuck not? Is this his MO or something? 

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Two senators voted against sanctions for election interference in 2016

Bernie Sanders and Rand Paul

Both appear to have a Russia problem.  Bernie received $10M from an unknown source.  

Bernie Sanders' chief campaign strategist for 2016 was Tad Devine, who worked closely with Rick Gates in Ukraine.

I suspect we'll be learning more about Bernie Sanders in due time.

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

They had a deal done and wrapped up for $25Billion in exchange for DACA amnesty and path to citizenship. Then trump blew it up because of nosferatu steven miller et al whispering in his ear. It's never been about safety or about doing what's right. It's about owning the libz.

I wish people could understand how big of a golden goose issue the never ending immigration debate has become for the GOP. 

There was a Harvard study conducted on the media leading up to the 2016 election.  No issue was pushed harder by the right wing media.

6D464DC5-A22A-4E1E-80DD-030A74F4F733_zps

https://dash.harvard.edu/bitstream/handle/1/33759251/2017-08_electionReport_0.pdf

God forbid they ever solve this fictional problem because they wouldn’t have much else to run on except “fuck the dems”. 

2 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Both appear to have a Russia problem.  Bernie received $10M from an unknown source.  

Bernie Sanders' chief campaign strategist for 2016 was Tad Devine, who worked closely with Rick Gates in Ukraine.

Thats a shame, but fuckem if true. Country first. 

• Like 3

I'm currently living in Kentucky and have written a few strongly worded letters to the Turtle in the past couple of days.  I've tried calling, but the mailboxes always seem to be full...wonder why.

I just sent this email...not that he gives a damn since it's not from a Russian IP address.

Please remind Mr. McConnell that he works for the American people, and the citizens of Kentucky, not the President.  There are 3 branches of government for a reason.  Failing to bring a House bill to a vote in the Senate because your scared the President will veto it is pathetic.  The Congress is meant to be a check on the Executive branch, not an arm of it.  How many people have to die before he gets off his ass and does his job?  Mr. McConnell had 2 years while the GOP held control all 3 branches of government, and just a month ago the Senate voted unanimously for the same bill the House is sending him.  Why was the wall not an "emergency" a month ago, and only became critical once the Dems took over the House?  This may be a game to Mr. McConnell, but to 800,000 government employees, this is deadly serious.  If Mitch is getting paid, why shouldn't these innocent bystanders who have no say in the matter?  I find it despicable.  Hopefully, he's able to locate his spine soon, but perhaps he simply doesn't have one. 

FYI, here's a peice from the Louisville paper...

McConnell doesn't have the guts to stand up to Trump and end shutdown

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I see 4 individuals up for re-election in 2020 voted who with the Democrats (Collins, Daines, Gardner, McSally).  Only Miss Lindsey has gone off the fucking deep end.  Burr is probably not going to even run in 2022. 

I think Lindsey knows that Trump is fucked and is positioning himself for a 2020 Presidential run.

7 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Isn't there some strange, suspicious woman that worked with him? In the flood of stories, I dont' remember if she was Russia connected or connected to some other nefarious group. Anybody remember that story? I don't know enough to google it.

I'm currently living in Kentucky and have written a few strongly worded letters to the Turtle in the past couple of days.  I've tried calling, but the mailboxes always seem to be full...wonder why.
I just sent this email...not that he gives a damn since it's not from a Russian IP address.
Please remind Mr. McConnell that he works for the American people, and the citizens of Kentucky, not the President.  There are 3 branches of government for a reason.  Failing to bring a House bill to a vote in the Senate because your scared the President will veto it is pathetic.  The Congress is meant to be a check on the Executive branch, not an arm of it.  How many people have to die before he gets off his ass and does his job?  Mr. McConnell had 2 years while the GOP held control all 3 branches of government, and just a month ago the Senate voted unanimously for the same bill the House is sending him.  Why was the wall not an "emergency" a month ago, and only became critical once the Dems took over the House?  This may be a game to Mr. McConnell, but to 800,000 government employees, this is deadly serious.  If Mitch is getting paid, why shouldn't these innocent bystanders who have no say in the matter?  I find it despicable.  Hopefully, he's able to locate his spine soon, but perhaps he simply doesn't have one. 

FYI, here's a peice from the Louisville paper...
McConnell doesn't have the guts to stand up to Trump and end shutdown

Stand up? He wants this. He is probably trying to make backroom deals about tax records/mueller with the democrats in order to reopen the govt.

22 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

The internet has melted your brain. 

• Like 3

• Pancho changed the title to 2023 Republican Government Shutdown: Same Shit, Same Story