Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

As predictable as aggy doing something stupid, dotard hoping for some global warming during the cold snap.

We do have some of that global warming. There is a record breaking heat wave going on in Australia right now. They're on the globe too. The tedium of dumbfuck, scientifically illiterate Republicans who don't know the difference between weather and climate and crawl out of the woodwork to display their ignorance every time there's a localized cold spell somewhere in the country. It really gets old. 

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Surrender in advance so you don’t have to fight is pretty much the democrat’s ideology.

It’s the same reason they will never impeach Trump.  

Bunch of pussies. 

You're conflating two different scenarios, one more or less historical, the other involving unprecedented circumstances in the present.  The Dems are handling this as they should at this moment in time.  There's a govt shutdown and a ghost as acting AG.  Dems lighting their hair on fire would belie the solid foundation they have moving forward in terms of the balance of support and the mountain of evidence that will take more than two weeks to excavate. 

It's going to to be a rough next 6 months.  Pace yourself.

6 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

You're conflating two different scenarios, one more or less historical, the other involving unprecedented circumstances in the present.  The Dems are handling this as they should at this moment in time.  There's a govt shutdown and a ghost as acting AG.  Dems lighting their hair on fire would belie the solid foundation they have moving forward in terms of the balance of support and the mountain of evidence that will take more than two weeks to excavate. 

It's going to to be a rough next 6 months.  Pace yourself.

Yeah whatever, the democrats are getting played again.  Due to election schedules, there isn’t a lot of time on the clock to attempt to remove Trump. 

The GOP is going to drag the Mueller investigation as long as possible and sit on all the incriminating evidence. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

I was hoping Obama would push for a recess appointment but WAPO viewed it as unconstitutional.  Everything the current president does seems to be unconstitutional yet the Right doesn't object.  Several articles on this but below is WAPO.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/12/29/the-real-reason-president-obama-wont-recess-appoint-merrick-garland-to-the-supreme-court/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1411e011ad8b

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah whatever, the democrats are getting played again.  Due to election schedules, there isn’t a lot of time on the clock to attempt to remove Trump. 

The GOP is going to drag the Mueller investigation as long as possible and sit on all the incriminating evidence. 

Trump will be gone regardless.  Do not forget, this is about more than tRUmp and getting it right requires keeping a level head.  First things first, end the shutdown and get a functional AG sworn-in.  GOP manufactured this shutdown crisis back in December in response to the incoming Dem controlled House.  The GOP is bleeding out from a self inflicted wound.  Let it bleed.

32 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Democrats cannot remove Trump. The GOP cannot sit on the incriminating evidence. They do not control the House.

25 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

I was hoping Obama would push for a recess appointment but WAPO viewed it as unconstitutional.  Everything the current president does seems to be unconstitutional yet the Right doesn't object.  Several articles on this but below is WAPO.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/12/29/the-real-reason-president-obama-wont-recess-appoint-merrick-garland-to-the-supreme-court/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1411e011ad8b

Mitch McConnell would have just kept the Senate in session. There was never going to be an opportunity for a recess appointment.

47 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Centrist Dems have a cute vinyl stencil on their office walls that says, "If you cannot immediately win by whining, give up as fast as possible."

isok0.jpg

Obama didn't have Big Dick Energy.

He was also dealing with a Senate Majority Leader of a different party. LBJ was dealing with Democrats.

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The GOP cannot sit on the incriminating evidence. They do not control the House.

When the democrats are “waiting on the Mueller report” and witnesses before the House committees can’t comment on the Russia investigation because of the “Mueller report”; your statement and mine goes into distinction without a difference territory.

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

When the democrats are “waiting on the Mueller report” and witnesses before the House committees can’t comment on the Russia investigation because of the “Mueller report”; your statement and mine goes into distinction without a difference territory.

They can ask witnesses anything they want. They can also compel them to answer outside of a public forum.

Pence was asked four different times on Face the Nation about the Buzzfeed report:

“What part of this report was inaccurate?” “What part of it was wrong?” “You don’t know which part of it was inaccurate?” “I wanted you to tell us what part of it was inaccurate.”

Silence. Pence would not answer.

7 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Pence was asked four different times on Face the Nation about the Buzzfeed report:

“What part of this report was inaccurate?” “What part of it was wrong?” “You don’t know which part of it was inaccurate?” “I wanted you to tell us what part of it was inaccurate.”

Silence. Pence would not answer.

Vice President Mike Pence was then asked to fill out a Buzzfeed Questionnaire to determine what kind of pizza topping he'd be.  "Does your name rhyme with roni?  Do you like pepper?"  Nothing from Pence.  Silence.  If that's not an admission to being pineapple I don't what is.

• Like 1

Holy fuck ... George Will DESTROYS the President:

Dislike of him should be tempered by this consideration: He is an almost inexpressibly sad specimen. It must be misery to awaken to another day of being Donald Trump. He seems to have as many friends as his pluperfect self-centeredness allows, and as he has earned in an entirely transactional life. His historical ignorance deprives him of the satisfaction of working in a house where much magnificent history has been made. His childlike ignorance — preserved by a lifetime of single-minded self-promotion — concerning governance and economics guarantees that whenever he must interact with experienced and accomplished people, he is as bewildered as a kindergartener at a seminar on string theory.

and so on ....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/what-a-misery-it-must-be-to-be-donald-trump/2019/01/18/d0e05eea-1a82-11e9-8813-cb9dec761e73_story.html?utm_term=.6ad3ec3bd625

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Like 5

I mean, I get why people long for the past with Obama, but fuck that shit. Obama's presidency ended up with Trump in the White House. Yeah, it's not his fault and blah blah blah, but eyes forward, please. We need to learn from the past and not revel in it. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Go back in time and tell yourself this in 2008:

In 2019, The United States government will be held hostage by a Russian agent for a 2,000 mile Mexican border wall.  This Kremlin asset has also inspired a new white nationalist movement inflicting terror and pain among the minority populations of America.

This man’s name will be Donald Trump.

Trumpism was simmering under the surface long before 2016.  We just all mocked those fuckers as fringe lunatics.  This sketch is from 2012, but Will Forte was doing this character for a few years before that.  Skip to 4:00:

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/anniversary-party/n13514

If only we knew then what we know now.  Turns out that marginal nut job movement was gaining steam and taking control of the GOP.  

18 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

We must never elect another black man or white people will just elect Trump after him

I do think Obama’s blackness handicapped him in a way.  

Because he was the first black president, he had to do everything just perfect or his opponents would rip him apart, which they did anyway.  He was constrained from rocking the boat too much.

I don’t know how many times I heard the false narrative of Obama being the most divisive president in history.  Perhaps he should have been.

Because he was the first black president, he had to do everything just perfect or his opponents would rip him apart, which they did anyway.  He was constrained from rocking the boat too much.
I don’t know how many times I heard the false narrative of Obama being the most divisive president in history.  Perhaps he should have been.

This is not a good opinion.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

This is not a good opinion.

I know, it’s not a politically correct assessment but when I hear Michelle talk about how important it was that they got everything right because they were the first, it helps explain why Barack was less assertive with the Republicans than he probably should have been.

It wasn’t fair or right but it’s just my read on it.

Most divisive is hilarious but true it’s also true the least scandalized president in my lifetime. And despite Republican vitriol he will go down as the president that began the most needed overhaul in our health care system when we have single payor and look back at the process to get there.
  • Like 2