Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Polar Vortex Causes Hundreds of Injuries

MINNEAPOLIS —The so-called polar vortex caused hundreds of injuries across the Midwest today, as people who said “so much for global warming” and similar comments were punched in the face.

Authorities in several states said that residents who had made ignorant comments erroneously citing the brutally cold temperatures as proof that climate change did not exist were reporting a sharp increase in injuries to the face and head regions.

In an emergency room in St. Paul, Harland Dorrinson, forty-one, was waiting to be treated for bruising to the facial area after he made a crack about how the below-freezing temperatures meant that climate-change activists were full of shit.

“I’d just finished saying it and boom, out of nowhere someone punched me in the face,” he said. “This polar vortex is really dangerous.”

The meteorology professor Davis Logsdon, of the University of Minnesota, issued a safety warning to residents of the states hammered by the historic low temperatures: “If you are living within the range of the polar vortex and you have something idiotic to say about climate change, do not leave your house.”

14 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

JFC.  I spent 5 years right after college traveling around Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana on a weekly basis. Anyone comparing those shitholes to the big cities in CA is either a troll or a fucking moron.  Probably both.

Yep, had a 8 month project with the Mississippi Highway patrol upgrading the 2 way radio system. Holy shit that place is terrible.

4 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

I live south of Phoenix...Casa Grande.  San Diego is not that bad, youre right...L.A. is terrible though and the highways in calfifornia are all in terrible need of repair...

Who do you think is responsible for repairing Interstate Highways? I'll give you a clue. He lives in the White House and loves tanning beds and McDonalds. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

HA! You've evidently never been to Phoenix metro area for sure.  We don't have graffiti on every open space on every wall with a  pile of trash under it along the freeways, and the freeway is actually smooth and driveable and mostly uncongested...Manicured neighborhoods all over the city...

If only LA had some manicured neighborhoods. 

5 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

and the highways in calfifornia are all in terrible need of repair...

Jesus, the narrative spouting just won't stop, will it?

In the past few years, I've driven significant portions of the 405, 5, 101, and numerous other California state highways (e.g., 1, 36, 395, and for long stretches) and but for a stretch here and there, they were in great shape.  I've driven I-10 from Texas to Florida.....and saw a lot shittier stretches on that going through Missisippi and Alabama, as just one easy example.

And on one hand, bitching about traffic, and on the other, bitching about it being an economic shithole.  No comprehension of supply and demand.  At all.  PERFECT Republican -- repeat talking points, say what you feel, and disregard facts and data as fake news. You've got it going on, man.

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I love when liberals try to tell us how beautiful and amazing California is because they like the politics and act like the couple of times they've gone is superior to those who have lived there or traveled extensively there.

I love when republicans try to tell us how terrible and dirty California is because they hate the politics and act like every major city in America doesn't have similar issues.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I love when liberals try to tell us how beautiful and amazing California is because they like the politics and act like the couple of times they've gone is superior to those who have lived there or traveled extensively there.

I lived in L.A. for 3 years.  

56 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Nixon. I'm serious. 

I think it was Newt.  Even after Nixon, the Reps would work w/ Dems or at the very least mostly kept the arguments policy based and not personal.  Gingrich and his ilk really ushered in the pure obstructionists, ideologists/populists and religious right, in full force.

Reagan lit the fire and Newt threw gasoline on it and now we're at Trump's napalm version. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Or we say how beautiful and amazing it is because many parts of the state are beautiful and amazing, despite it's politics. 

9 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I live in LA. RockyMt does not. He's full of shit. Clear?

3 minutes ago, seven said:

And only 5 hours away from one of the best cities in the world 

You are fortunate not to live next to California, believe me.  They have a tendency to drive up the home prices in every state they move to, just because everything looks like such a great deal compared to California...

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, sidis said:

it really astounds me that people stupid enough to post some of the shit posted on this site were actually able to find and register on this site.

Well once the local Wendy's went out of business, I'm sure he had plenty of time on his hands to conduct trial and error. 

7 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I think it was Newt.  Even after Nixon, the Reps would work w/ Dems or at the very least mostly kept the arguments policy based and not personal.  Gingrich and his ilk really ushered in the pure obstructionists, ideologists/populists and religious right, in full force.

Reagan lit the fire and Newt threw gasoline on it and now we're at Trump's napalm version. 

Yep.

https://www.vox.com/2015/4/23/8485443/polarization-congress-visualization

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

oh okay, just whataboutism? creating equivalences? How would you describe what you did, then?

he was drawing an ad absurdum contrasting parallel to the utter stupidity of your post and the point you apparently thought you were making.

7 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The GOP should have died after Watergate. But the stars aligned and they got an actor demagogue to transcend the movement coming off a bad Jimmy Carter presidency.

You are fortunate not to live next to California, believe me.  They have a tendency to drive up the home prices in every state they move to, just because everything looks like such a great deal compared to California...

Alfred Marshall is rolling in his grave. 

3 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

oh okay, just whataboutism? creating equivalences? How would you describe what you did, then?

Legitimate positives are discussed re: California.

You and your buddies whine about conditions found in every big city in America, but falsely associate them solely to California.

Me pointing that out is not any of the things you want it to be.

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Jesus, the narrative spouting just won't stop, will it?

In the past few years, I've driven significant portions of the 405, 5, 101, and numerous other California state highways (e.g., 1, 36, 395, and for long stretches) and but for a stretch here and there, they were in great shape.  I've driven I-10 from Texas to Florida.....and saw a lot shittier stretches on that going through Missisippi and Alabama, as just one easy example.

And on one hand, bitching about traffic, and on the other, bitching about it being an economic shithole.  No comprehension of supply and demand.  At all.  PERFECT Republican -- repeat talking points, say what you feel, and disregard facts and data as fake news. You've got it going on, man.

1_.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Foosters said:

So basically the argument is "yeah, if California leaves it will be a massive blow to the economy, but have you seen the roads in select parts of some of the cities?!"

No, that is not the argument.  The argument is most Republicans I know would welcome the exit of California if they took their politics with them....Do you think there is any Republican in the country besides in California that would vote for Pelosi?

Edited by Rockymtns
  • Fuck You 5

4 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

Lol.  You make it sound like black magic.   It’s supply and demand, dipshit.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No, that is not the argument.  The argument is most Republicans I know would welcome the exit of California if they took their politics with them....

Your weapons grade stupidity is an asset to the Republican party

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As someone who lives in a blue state, please kick us out.  I'm sick of living in a donor state to pay for you in Arizona, while you elect a demented, narcissistic moron to lead the country.  You can have your evangelical "Christian" nation with a gutted First Amendment as to religious freedom, gutted Medicare and Medicaid, no Obamacare, no food stamps, crappy interstate highways, and public schools that are open four days a week for Oklahoma style budget cuts.  And, please, name Trump king, in your alternate reality Sean Hannity led nation with a tiny tax base.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Rockymtns said:

Why do you need a Civil War or Russia's help for that?  California's  exit would most definitely be favorable to most Republicans I know.  The only condition would be to make sure everyone who has moved from their to a red state has to return to California first before this exit takes place...

let's get rid of the world's 5th largest economy. makes sense.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I said, "Liberals acting like California is amazing because they enjoy the politics and talking about it as if a lot of republicans havent lived or had to travel to california a ton and spend a lot of time there" to which you responded

"and republicans just want to tell us california sucks because of the politics despite it having some pockets of cool things about it in some places"

That is definitely one of those things.

Point

Your head

13 minutes ago, Blotto said:

depend_on_fed_map-1.png

Don't see California on this list, but beautiful Arizona with its manicured lawns and outstretched hands holding it down in the top 10. 

You truly are a genius, right? You know why Arizona is dependent on the FEDs?  

Because we have a massive illegal immigration and drug trafficking problem here....The same problem that the wonderful speaker of the house from California  and Schumer  from New York says is not too big of a deal...

Edited by Rockymtns
  • Fuck You 9

13 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

any thoughts on the apprehensions/agent/year data i provided upthread?

it was 16. or put another way, anywhere from 18,234 to 36,484 less than your back of envelope numbers. 

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

As someone who lives in a blue state, please kick us out.  I'm sick of living in a donor state to pay for you in Arizona, while you elect a demented, narcissistic moron to lead the country.  You can have your evangelical "Christian" nation with a gutted First Amendment as to religious freedom, gutted Medicare and Medicaid, no Obamacare, no food stamps, crappy interstate highways, and public schools that are open four days a week for Oklahoma style budget cuts.  And, please, name Trump king, in your alternate reality Sean Hannity led nation with a tiny tax base.

I think it is pretty treasonous, but I've thought about it for some deep south stuff.  Just say that Missibama is its own country now.  Would we really be any worse off?  Would we be losing literally anything?  I think some nukes are in Bama, but is that it?  2 of the 4 biggest leaches in our country would disappear.  Nothing of national interest there lost.  We would immediately be a more educated, richer, less racist, less susceptible to dumb politics those people drive.

10 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

Because we have a massive illegal immigration and drug trafficking problem here....The same problem that the wonderful speaker of the house from California  and Schumer  from New York says is not too big of a deal...

Well also because Arizona is a fucking desert and nobody would live there at all if the feds hadn't built Hoover Dam.

17 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Preach it, brother.

The truth is a painful pill to swallow sometimes.

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Well also because Arizona is a fucking desert and nobody would live there at all if the feds hadn't built Hoover Dam.

Funny in the last 30 years Arizona has had 1 Dem Governor, and 2 Dem Senators. Wonder why Republican leadership can't fix the problem.

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Keep thinking it is just a desert.  We Texans and Midwesterners that have moved out here like it when you think that way..

• Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

So, there's none of those issues in California or Texas?

Goddamn, you are one fucking dumbass.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Funny in the last 30 years Arizona has had 1 Dem Governor, and 2 Dem Senators. Wonder why Republican leadership can't fix the problem.

Because immigration and the border is controlled by the FEDS?  Try to make a law against illegal immigration at the state level and see how far you get..

• Fuck You 2