Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

11 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

We are at the point where Trumpism rules all for right wingers.  Doesn't matter what he says.  He could trash Texas A&M University, shit on their sacred grass, and shoot Reveille, and texags would still love him.

Agreed. It may cost him supporters in Congress right now, but, closer to election time, those guys will fall in line too. The Trump voters are already all in and they could give two shits what he does/says. It is still as Trump stated, the smartest thing he has said in his life, he could shoot somebody and not lose voters. 

Look at any comments on this situation, like the tweet above, Trump voters have convinced themselves McCain was a coward and traitor. They will read Trump's comments blaming the media on bringing up McCain and believe that as well.

Edited by pacman

On 3/21/2019 at 8:52 AM, wildcat09 said:

That's generally the type of response I get from my mom whenever she posts some nonsense on facebook and I point out that it's nonsense. I've been called a buzzkill, by my own mother, on multiple occasions. She's normally intelligent, and now says she can't stand Trump, but she still circulates the same bullshit all the time. It's like it's fun to them to sorta play around with this crap so when it's pointed out that something is nonsense they'll say shit like "oh don't be such a buzzkill," but they clearly really believe this shit when they're discussing it among themselves.

One unforeseeable negative side effect of making technology so easy to use that a 3 year old can do it is that you've also made it so easy that a 65 year old can do it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RPM said:

Yup. Nobody is backing him on this. FOX is calling bullshit. Vets respect McCain even if they disagree with him. John McCain may just save this country from the grave.

au contraire, those replies on the Dan Crenshaw tweet is exactly who the republican party are.  It's all texags and right wing am radio.

They don't give a flying shit what anyone does except for dotard.  

19 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

his only tweet today, so far:

one would think that was not written for him, except for the random capital letters.

As per usual, he's absolutely wrong about absolutely every word in that ridiculous Twitter nonsense into which he perpetually indulges himself to feel important.

Edited by hpslugga

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

We are at the point where Trumpism rules all for right wingers.  Doesn't matter what he says.  He could trash Texas A&M University, shit on their sacred grass, and shoot Reveille, and texags would still love him.

This.  aggy is Trumpsters, Trumpsters is aggy  

Trump could go piss on a cross while wiping his ass with the American flag and his sycophants would rationalize it and call it God's will.  

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

That guy gets destroyed on a regular basis, usually by Robert Reich, and yet he continues his dumbassery.  Grifter indeed.

I was just about to say, Moore getting absolutely flattened isn't anything new. The guy is just a partisan shill that vaguely memorized economic vocabulary words so as to pass himself off as an "economist," when all he really can be described as is a vulgar propagandist.

Edited by hpslugga

2 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

I was just about to say, Moore getting absolutely flattened isn't anything new. The guy is just a partisan shill that vaguely memorized economic vocabulary words so as to pass himself off as an "economist," when all he really can be described as is a vulgar propagandist.

This doesn't change the fact that I find Catherine Rampell strangely intoxicating.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

CNN having him on to get destroyed is also irresponsible.  It’s like when Fox News has some dumbass liberal grifter on just to make him look stupid.  

49 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

We’re living in an Onion article.

I noticed your grips were worn, sir.  It's my fault.  I could put some "Stick 'Em" on there for you.  My apologies.  

49 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

We’re living in an Onion article.

reminds me of welcome to mooseport, when hackman (ex-president) plays golf and has his staffers standing near the fairway always throwing balls into good spots when he hooks or slices, until he has to play ray romano.  they've deluded him into thinking he's a great golfer.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

CNN having him on to get destroyed is also irresponsible.  It’s like when Fox News has some dumbass liberal grifter on just to make him look stupid.  

Let me start out by <whoosh>-ing myself, but huh?  Are news organizations not supposed to interview board nominees to the Fed?

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Which is precisely why the mainstream media should stop covering the White House.

this.  To the extent they cover the WH, it should not be live, but a news story after the fact, i.e. a headline of here's the lies SHS told in her briefing today.  It needs to be in context with the lies called out contemporaneously.  There shouldn't be any more headlines of the sort like "WH claims x."  WH will claim anything.

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

this.  To the extent they cover the WH, it should not be live, but a news story after the fact, i.e. a headline of here's the lies SHS told in her briefing today.  It needs to be in context with the lies called out contemporaneously.  There shouldn't be any more headlines of the sort like "WH claims x."  WH will claim anything.

Absolutely 100% wrong.  The media's job is to report the news.  When the President speaks, it's news.

3 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Republicans are complete and utter  shitbags, news at 11 

This is isn’t a new revelation as some vociferate since Trump.  It has been a reality for decades  but the stench of the shitbags is certainly growing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

You have a very compulsion to get in your own way.  Maybe it's time for a break.

So you think platforming known liars and grifters in the MSM is okay and responsible?

I mean, they have a right to do it to pander to their audiences for ratings and revenue but I don’t think I should have to be okay with it.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So you think platforming known liars and grifters in the MSM is okay and responsible?

I mean, they have a right to do it to pander to their audiences for ratings and revenue but I don’t think I should have to be okay with it.

You can be OK with it or not, you're OK with yellow until you're not and you prefer purple.  I don't care what you think.

The media has a job.  They're doing their job.  It's the public's "job" to interpret what they see.  The idea that CNN is pandering to Trump's base is fucking laughable.  Think about it for a moment.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Absolutely 100% wrong.  The media's job is to report the news.  When the President speaks, it's news.

Sure.  it's news.  But wall to wall coverage of it at the expense of the rest of the news in the world isn't necessary.  It's also not necessary to report it live.  We don't need to know the president's lies the minute he says them.  The lies can be covered after fact checking and in the context of the fact that they are lies.  They do not need to be the lead story every, single day.  They don't need to be covered live, with panels of so-called pundits debating the merits of his lies, as the only context to the lies.

Just now, lemonlime said:

Sure.  it's news.  But wall to wall coverage of it at the expense of the rest of the news in the world isn't necessary.  It's also not necessary to report it live.  We don't need to know the president's lies the minute he says them.  The lies can be covered after fact checking and in the context of the fact that they are lies.  They do not need to be the lead story every, single day.  They don't need to be covered live, with panels of so-called pundits debating the merits of his lies, as the only context to the lies.

Political media covers Presidential press conferences.  Sometimes mainstream media does, too.  Both interview administration officials and appointees from time to time.  None of this is new.

Changing the rules in midstream because no sane person likes the message is fucking ludicrous.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

You can be OK with it or not, you're OK with yellow until you're not and you prefer purple.  I don't care what you think.

The media has a job.  They're doing their job.  It's the public's "job" to interpret what they see.  The idea that CNN is pandering to Trump's base is fucking laughable.  Think about it for a moment.

CNN is pandering to the left by having Trump clowns on to make them look stupid.  

The media has a responsibility to inform the public, platforming liars and grifters is a public betrayal.  We just don’t hold them accountable for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Political media covers Presidential press conferences.  Sometimes mainstream media does, too.  Both interview administration officials and appointees from time to time.  None of this is new.

Changing the rules in midstream because no sane person likes the message is fucking ludicrous.

It's not about liking the message.  It's about the fact that the messengers are compulsive liar telling a message filled with lies.  

Trump’s game with the media has been diabolical.  Dotard and his people lie so much and so often that the lies themselves become the story.  

This creates a perception that the media is biased and unfair because they’re constantly reporting that Trump and his staff are liars.  

Trump then claims he has proof that the media is biased against him because the majority of his coverage is negative.  Therefore, you can’t trust the media.  

It’s evil AF.

• Like 1

Career political hack, termed as an "Economist" (i.e. no real, in depth experience as an economist) will now be involved in the Fed

Career political hack, termed as a "Lawyer" (i.e. no real, in depth experience as a lawyer) has been in charge of AG for 4 months

Drain the swamp?

Edited by pacman

Just a personal observation, that is not a bit different from that of most Non- cult followers, but I attended a funeral yesterday.   As with most funeral's it was a celebration of life, and in this case the woman had indeed enjoyed her life on this planet.  Then this moring I thought about somebody vebally attacking a person who was dead.  As scumbaggy as I thought it was initially, the reality of a human being that would do that to anyone that lived even a moderately decent life, just drove the point home even further.  We have truly fallen so very, very far.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Just a personal observation, that is not a bit different from that of most Non- cult followers, but I attended a funeral yesterday.   As with most funeral's it was a celebration of life, and in this case the woman had indeed enjoyed her life on this planet.  Then this moring I thought about somebody vebally attacking a person who was dead.  As scumbaggy as I thought it was initially, the reality of a human being that would do that to anyone that lived even a moderately decent life, just drove the point home even further.  We have truly fallen so very, very far.

The president is an irredeemable scumbag.

A lot of Americans love him for it, mainly because many of them see him as someone who gives them permission to be scumbags who no longer have to worry about pussy shit like manners and dignity.

• Like 2