Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

I heard this on the way in to work this morning and found it interesting.  Looks like at least one R has found his testicles.

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/20/705279001/trump-carries-on-criticism-of-mccain-as-a-republican-calls-his-words-deplorable

https://www.gpbnews.org/post/political-rewind-sen-isakson-rebukes-trumps-attacks-late-sen-mccain

"It will be deplorable seven months from now if he says it again. And I will continue to speak out, because there's one thing we've got to do — you may not like immigration, you may not like this, you may not like that, you may be a Republican, you may be a Democrat, but we're all Americans," Isakson said during an interview with Georgia Public Broadcasting's Political Rewind with Bill Nigut. "There aren't Democratic casualties and Republican casualties on the battlefield — there are American casualties. And we should never reduce the service that people give to this country, including the offering of their own life, to anything but political fodder in Washington, D.C."

For his next act I predict trump is gonna visit the tomb of the unknown soldier with hannity and a Fox News tv crew and proclaim for the camera “who the hell is buried at this place? Some dude that finished last in his class like McCain so he got killed by some gooks?!?” 

All said with a big shit eating grinn on his fat face. Then he’ll make some “no collusion” remark and say let’s go visit some real soldiers. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jograves said:

Terrible analogy. All Tony had was his balls and his word, and he didn't break them for nobody.

trump has neither. 

His word was his business ethics and moral compass. 

Trump does have balls, it can be argued that’s all he has.  It takes some serious balls to do the shit Trump has done and get away with it, but he does, every day.

He’s the most powerful person on the planet because of his balls.  It’s safe to say his brain had little to do with it.  

9 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

These attacks on a dead McCain are just beyond comprehension.  This assclown is the biggest blight on American politics in 100 years.  I would take Nixon 100 times over versus this guy.  

The thing with Nixon is that he was intelligent.  And, he presumably had the best interests of the United States at heart, at least as far as foreign policy was concerned.

Nobody with any kind of a moral compass can truthfully claim either about Trump.

(This is not intended to launch an argument about Nixon's foreign policy failures.  Any number of decisions can be made that in hindsight appear indefensible, even though there was at least some good intention involved at the time.)

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 1

As a lifelong Republican , I abstained from marking either Trump or HRC on my ballot, because they both were reprehensible.  But I would check gotdam Kamala Harris before DJT on my ballot.  Shit, I would have to give it some thought if my choices were Trump or Satan.  If I could tell them apart.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Speaking of.

MIL was talking to my spouse this past weekend.

MIL said the only reason the Boeing planes were grounded was because the Democrats insisted.  It was entirely their fault, and it all tied into their Green New Deal.

If your MIL can get 200 or so of her trumpkin friends together, I am willing to start a GoFund me to charter one of those grounded 737 max planes to fly them around the world.  Tell her it will totally own the libs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

He's just so dumb.  Putting aside policy, the demeanor, the racism, the authoritarianism (you can get those from other GOPers), I just don't understand why people will still support this guy when he is so fucking dumb.  

His followers also fail to comprehend why he has a personal vendetta against windmills.  It's all about him and his money.  If he were getting a huge cut of money for windmills off the coast of his golf course, he'd be all in for windmills.  Greatest thing since steam!

But her emails.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/21/elijah-cummings-jared-kushner-encrypted-app-1230978

Cummings also told Cipollone that the committee obtained a document showing that McFarland was using an AOL.com account to conduct official White House business. Cummings said the document shows that McFarland was in communication with Tom Barrack, a longtime Trump confidant and the chairman of the president’s Inaugural Committee, about transferring “sensitive U.S. nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia.”

Barrack pitched the plan to Bannon through Bannon’s personal email account, according to Cummings.

“These communications raise questions about whether these officials complied with the Presidential Records Act and whether the White House identified this personal email use during its internal review and took steps to address it,” Cummings wrote.

9 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

These fucktards still believe that they can get away with anything. 

Yes, they believe that.

And they are correct.

Consequences only matter if you have any sense of shame.  They have none.  Thus, they can get away with everything.  All of it.  "Shoot a man in the face on 5th avenue."  That was not hyperbole.  It was rock-solid truth.

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes, they believe that.

And they are correct.

Consequences only matter if you have any sense of shame.  They have none.  Thus, they can get away with everything.  All of it.  "Shoot a man in the face on 5th avenue."  That was not hyperbole.  It was rock-solid truth.

Except it wouldn't go down that way.  He'd hire someone else to kill someone on 5th ave.  Then he'd pay that person from his Trump Foundation slush fund.  Then that person would get caught and produce a recording of Trump saying it would be nice if this guy on 5th ave was dead.  Maybe you can do something about that.  Come by the office tomorrow and welcome to the Trump security team.

Trump would deny it and say he didn't really mean for the person he hired to kill the guy.  Would just be nice if he was dead is all.  The security guy I hired acted on his own.  I didn't pay him at all, but if I did pay him, it was for security services and not for murder even though he never actually joined my security team.

Then Fox would run with "if Trump is guilty of anything, its hiring bad people."  Yeah, every single person he hires is a crook that robs people on Trump's behalf.   Just terrible luck Trump has in hiring. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He’s the most powerful person on the planet because of his balls.

putin_laugh.gif

2 hours ago, Mapache said:

He accidentally dropped his phone in the shitter and is desperately trying to dry it out with his blow dryer so he can launch his shitstorm of tweets

Hopefully his blow dryer is still plugged in.

3 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Can't find the post but someone was asking who sees maga hats anymore. Well I'm on vacation in DC right now and almost every group of middle schoolers are filled with kids wearing hats. It's....disturbing. 

From what I hear from friends in DC, the last two years have been like 'pilgrimage to Mecca" for the deplorable crowd.  They've finally captured the enemy city, and they are all going to check out their new prize.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

From what I hear from friends in DC, the last two years have been like 'pilgrimage to Mecca" for the deplorable crowd.  They've finally captured the enemy city, and they are all going to check out their new prize.

Anytime the ID4 aliens want to show up is ok by me.

22 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Can't find the post but someone was asking who sees maga hats anymore. Well I'm on vacation in DC right now and almost every group of middle schoolers are filled with kids wearing hats. It's....disturbing. 

And as I say this, here walks in some fine specimens.

nnWwabE_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Yep, a Trump jersey.

52 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

My sister-in-law's family lives just outside of DC, so we visit there every summer just about.  I noticed all the kids with MAGA hats when we went down to visit the Mall area last June.  It was like bizarro world or something.  And every 12-17 yr old white boy with one those hats on had the exact same infuriating smirk on his face as the Kentucky Catholic school kid did.

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I know I’m in Austin but I travel a decent amount and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a MAGA hat in the wild. 

i was in san antonio over the weekend, and i saw a lot of faux patriotic gear, but no maga hats. i may have seen whitman in the wild. scruffy looking dude in a west virginia hat was wearing this shirt:

il_794xN.1495913676_e0hf.jpg

MASSIVE eyeroll. jesus.

James Comey: What I Want From the Mueller Report

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/21/opinion/james-comey-mueller-report.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

I am rooting for a demonstration to the world that the United States justice system works.

The country is eagerly awaiting the special counsel Robert Mueller’s report. Many people know what they want it to say — what they feel it simply must say — namely, that Donald Trump is a criminal who should be removed from office. Or that he is completely innocent of all wrongdoing.

But not everyone knows what it “must” say. Even though I believe Mr. Trump is morally unfit to be president of the United States, I’m not rooting for Mr. Mueller to demonstrate that he is a criminal. I’m also not rooting for Mr. Mueller to “clear” the president. I’m not rooting for anything at all, except that the special counsel be permitted to finish his work, charge whatever cases warrant charging and report on his work.

President Trump’s constant attacks on the special counsel, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Justice Department over the past two years raised the prospect that he would interfere to stop the special counsel’s work. It is deeply concerning that the president of the United States would try to protect himself by torching the institutions of justice. But he hasn’t used his authority to end Mr. Mueller’s work. (That would have been a crisis of a different order — shutting down the investigation, rather than just trying to undermine its credibility.) So we are in a position to wonder and hope about the report’s content.

Wondering is fine. But hoping for a particular answer is not. The rule of law depends upon fair administration of justice, which is rooted in complete and unbiased investigation. We are best served when an investigation finds all relevant facts and illuminates the fullest possible view of the truth.

I have no idea whether the special counsel will conclude that Mr. Trump knowingly conspired with the Russians in connection with the 2016 election or that he obstructed justice with the required corrupt intent. I also don’t care. I care only that the work be done, well and completely. If it is, justice will have prevailed and core American values will have been protected at a time when so much of our national leadership has abandoned its commitment to truth and the rule of law.

I am rooting for a demonstration to the world — and maybe most of all to our president and his enablers — that the United States has a justice system that works because there are people who believe in it and rise above personal interest and tribalism. That system may reach conclusions they like or it may not, but the apolitical administration of justice is the beating heart of this country. I hope we all get to see that.

The interests of justice will also be best served by maximum transparency about the special counsel’s work. I don’t know all the considerations that will go into deciding precisely what to say about the completion of that work and when to say it. But because the Department of Justice is guided first and always by the public interest, it should provide details about finished investigations when the public needs to know them, as it traditionally has.

I do have one hope that I should confess. I hope that Mr. Trump is not impeached and removed from office before the end of his term. I don’t mean that Congress shouldn’t move ahead with the process of impeachment governed by our Constitution, if Congress thinks the provable facts are there. I just hope it doesn’t. Because if Mr. Trump were removed from office by Congress, a significant portion of this country would see this as a coup, and it would drive those people farther from the common center of American life, more deeply fracturing our country.

Critics of Mr. Trump should hope for something much harder to distort, or to nurse as a grievance, than an impeachment. We need a resounding election result in 2020, where Americans of all stripes, divided as they may be about important policy issues — immigration, guns, abortion, climate change, regulation, taxes — take a moment from their busy lives to show that they are united by something even more important: the belief that the president of the United States cannot be a chronic liar who repeatedly attacks the rule of law. Then we can get back to policy disagreements.

I just hope we are up to it.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

if Mr. Trump were removed from office by Congress, a significant portion of this country would see this as a coup, and it would drive those people farther from the common center of American life, more deeply fracturing our country.

Hey Comey, I can't help that a significant portion of this country are complete fucking rubes that are allergic to the truth.

It's someone pretending to be him.  The random caps are a ruse.  Not a snowball's chance in hell does he know the word "sovereignty."  Also no way in hell he knows that it's been 52 years since Israel seized the Golan Heights.  Too many accurate facts in that tweet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

You know, we’ve been mulling our options for a late Spring getaway and DC came up. Some instinct told me “Oh, honey.....no”.  Thanks for confirming my fears. And oh btw I was told we’d be OK once the olds die off. If these reports of MAGA children are accurate then I see no hope for this country’s future. Yeah I know. Ledge, scotch, rinse, repeat. Reserve me a spot. 

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm pretty sure he thinks the Golan Heights is a bad neighborhood in the Bronx.

No, he's thinking of Gonad Heights.  That think Stormy Daniels does right before you're about to come so your antiquated jizz doesn't get everywhere.  

6 minutes ago, M12BH said:

You know, we’ve been mulling our options for a late Spring getaway and DC came up. Some instinct told me “Oh, honey.....no”.  Thanks for confirming my fears. And oh btw I was told we’d be OK once the olds die off. If these reports of MAGA children are accurate then I see no hope for this country’s future. Yeah I know. Ledge, scotch, rinse, repeat. Reserve me a spot. 

Eh, I don't know.  I considered myself a Republican until I moved out of my parents house and met a few people who weren't middle class white Protestants..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

These attacks on a dead McCain are just beyond comprehension.  This assclown is the biggest blight on American politics in 100 years.  I would take Nixon 100 times over versus this guy.  

He’s seriously hurting his chances to retake Arizona in 2020.  He’s going to need those electoral votes since he’s lost other states as well.

Speaking of which, he’s shit on union workers this week as well - pretty sure there are more than a few union members and their families in Michigan and Pennsylvania.  Probably in Wisconsin as well.  Blaming them for closing  plants wasn’t a smooth move.

It would be fun playing poker against him.  He can’t think ahead at all.