Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, he has no idea what the NA in NATO stands for.  Surprising to all of us, I'm sure.

Ha, the joke's on you!  A small portion of Brazil is north of the equator and therefore is in the north Atlantic!  MNGA!!!

• Like 1

"I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be."

Comments like this from Trump make Putin smile more than anyone on the planet.   McCain was responsible for the Magnitsky act and one of the biggest Kremlin hardliners.  No one will believe me on this but many of the things Trump says and tweets are to subtly please Putin, although it’s probably more subconscious than premeditated.  

I’d love to see a Trump tweet Putin didn’t like.  

Attacking Mueller, McCain, Hillary, the FBI, the Dems, the DOJ, the media, and our allies?  Yeah, Putin loves that shit more than you could imagine. 

100% Puppet

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

45842863872_2cc319c1cf.jpg

When you get a weekend like we just had where he’s pumping out 50+ tweets that are all over the map, he’s not trying to convince his base of something, he’s trying to convince himself. 

And now that we know Mueller was reading Cohen’s emails for a long time before the raid, this past weekend makes a lot of sense.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

"I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be."

Comments like this from Trump make Putin smile more than anyone on the planet.   McCain was responsible for the Magnitsky act and one of the biggest Kremlin hardliners.  No one will believe me on this but many of the things Trump says and tweets are to subtly please Putin, although it’s probably more subconscious than premeditated.  

I’d love to see a Trump tweet Putin didn’t like.  

Attacking Mueller, McCain, Hillary, the FBI, the Dems, the DOJ, the media, and our allies?  Yeah, Putin loves that shit more than you could imagine. 

100% Puppet

Haven’t you heard no one has been tougher on Russia than Trump.  Looks no further than state run media Fox or dear leader’s own Twitter.

6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I hope the House uses this opportunity to pare down their document requests.  Yes, they need to investigate.  But their requests are so over broad that they're giving the WH an out to not comply.  And to the extent documents are produced, staffers are going to be searching for a needle in a gigantic haystack.

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

What does this mean? Was there a poll taken where the question was "do you think the economy is in the best shape since 2001?" and 71% said yes? 

Shockingly, Trump’s disjointed clump of sputtering neurons mangled the poll results.  71% responded that the economy is in good shape.  That is the highest percentage to give that answer since 2001.  

20 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Shockingly, Trump’s disjointed clump of sputtering neurons mangled the poll results.  71% responded that the economy is in good shape.  That is the highest percentage to give that answer since 2001.  

Must be nice succeeding a Democrat and inheriting a strong economy. 

53 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I hope the House uses this opportunity to pare down their document requests.  Yes, they need to investigate.  But their requests are so over broad that they're giving the WH an out to not comply.  And to the extent documents are produced, staffers are going to be searching for a needle in a gigantic haystack.

The volume of the request doesn't change it's legality. It doesn't give them a legal "out" that they wouldn't have already had with executive privilege. It certainly gives them more of a political "out", as it looks like the dems are just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. But lets be honest, Trump has a political out with his base regardless of the underlying facts or circumstances. If he said only real republicans stick forks into electrical sockets,  33% of this country would electrocute themselves with a grin on their face. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

The volume of the request doesn't change it's legality. It doesn't give them a legal "out" that they wouldn't have already had with executive privilege. It certainly gives them more of a political "out", as it looks like the dems are just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. But lets be honest, Trump has a political out with his base regardless of the underlying facts or circumstances. If he said only real republicans stick forks into electrical sockets,  33% of this country would electrocute themselves with a grin on their face. 

Sure, it gives them an "out."  You request so many documents it's impossible to comply with the request or even to know what's requested, and that's so broad that it would include mounds of things that are genuinely subject to executive privilege.  Well, when it goes to court, the courts are going to say that the request is impossible to comply with.  And even if they don't and you somehow get all the documents, they're not helpful because no one's going to be able to review them thoroughly enough.

They should be requesting what they actually need.  Not millions of pages of documents on eighty different subjects.

3 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Sure, it gives them an "out."  You request so many documents it's impossible to comply with the request or even to know what's requested, and that's so broad that it would include mounds of things that are genuinely subject to executive privilege.  Well, when it goes to court, the courts are going to say that the request is impossible to comply with.  And even if they don't and you somehow get all the documents, they're not helpful because no one's going to be able to review them thoroughly enough.

They should be requesting what they actually need.  Not millions of pages of documents on eighty different subjects.

They could request one page and Trump wouldn't hand it over. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They could request one page and Trump wouldn't hand it over. 

I'm sure that's true.  But the courts would actually force trump to hand it over.  And if it did somehow get handed over the staffers would actually review the document, as opposed to having it sit in boxes, along with thousands of other pages.

Although, who am I kidding, trump's stacked the courts so they won't force him to do anything.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

zero chance he sat down and wrote that tweet himself.  zero.

If he were asked to explain the EC in a press conference tomorrow, he wouldn't even know where to start.  He is completely ignorant of anything to do with history or the structure of our government.

I wish some reporter would just toss him a softball:  "Mr. President, can you explain how the number of electors is determined?"