Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Just now, TornACL said:

In consecutive tweets, the President celebrated (and presumably took credit for) our "very low inflation", and then railed against the Fed for interest rates being way too high. 

Look, you just don't understand economics.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm hardly an expert on voter demographics, but to me it seems that Oregon, New Hampshire and Colorado are probably not states I'd target in a  fishing expedition for votes, if I were Trump.

They're dominated by a few big blue areas but Eastern Oregon, rural NH and everything outside of Denver/Boulder is Republican AF.  But yeah, they are fishing for alternate routes if the Rust Belt looks like road blocks are up already.  

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm working on the assumption that, if the midwest is problematic, Oregon et al is sure as hell gonna be problematic.  But, farmers aren't factory workers, so I can see how there could be differences in some of the ex-urban counties.

I'd say it would be neglectful if they didn't search for possible alternate routes to 270. 

2016 was a one in a million shot.  The odds of that exact scenario repeating are ridiculously longshot.   

22 minutes ago, TornACL said:

In consecutive tweets, the President celebrated (and presumably took credit for) our "very low inflation", and then railed against the Fed for interest rates being way too high. 

lost in some of the nonsense yesterday, there was a phone interview with trump, where china was the topic, and he seemed envious of the fact that the president of china (the premier?) was fed chair, and could do whatever he wanted.  whereas in america, he has his fed people "who aren't his people" who made huge mistakes with the interest rate.  then repeated one of my favorite trump lines when he says, "but he's for china, and i'm for the united states."

does he understand how idiotic that sounds out loud?  it must look great written on a post-it like a wifi password for easy recollection.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

lost in some of the nonsense yesterday, there was a phone interview with trump, where china was the topic, and he seemed envious of the fact that the president of china (the premier?) was fed chair, and could do whatever he wanted.  whereas in america, he has his fed people "who aren't his people" who made huge mistakes with the interest rate.  then repeated one of my favorite trump lines when he says, "but he's for china, and i'm for the united states."

does he understand how idiotic that sounds out loud?  it must look great written on a post-it like a wifi password for easy recollection.

It's a funny thing, past administrations have complained about China's structure and their ability to play games with currency. It's just that until now we've never had an administration who complained about it because they wanted to be able to do the same thing

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

It's a funny thing, past administrations have complained about China's structure and their ability to play games with currency. It's just that until now we've never had an administration who complained about it because they wanted to be able to do the same thing

yep.  here's the gist:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-10/trump-laments-lack-of-china-like-control-over-fed-in-trade-war

funny, i almost used the word "lament" in my characterization of the interview.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

yep.  here's the gist:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-10/trump-laments-lack-of-china-like-control-over-fed-in-trade-war

"China has unfair advantages in the trade war that everyone knew about before I decided to get into a trade war!

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

But you thought a Trumpkin reading this thread likely wouldn't know what it meant?  Way to know your audience!

6 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Haha.  Trump holding up a folded, possibly blank piece of paper that supposedly has the secret Mexico agreement on it, but he won't show it. 

Really? 

So the entire contents of this secret deal are one piece of paper? Right, ok. There aren't enough J-Law gifs to even describe that scene. 

Just now, Jograves said:

Really? 

So the entire contents of this secret deal are one piece of paper? Right, ok. There aren't enough J-Law gifs to even describe that scene. 

it mirrors the And Mexico Will Pay For It.  There is actually a 2 page pdf that details their well thought out plan.  

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

Trump is now saying that the secret agreement on the blank folded paper goes into effect at Trump's exclusive option, but he has to wait for Mexico to tell him it's OK and the Mexican legislature to approve it.  But it's totally at Trump's option. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Wait. What?

He pulled a single piece of paper that was folded up in thirds out of his coat pocket and waved it around as proof that there really is a secret agreement with Mexico.   But he can't show it to us because it's secret. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

He pulled a paper out of his coat pocket that was folded up in thirds and waved it around as proof that there really is a secret agreement with Mexico.   But he can't show it to us because it's secret. 

does that really work on people? we really should not have stopped weeding out the weak and stupid

Has to be a troll, right?  Maybe not from his toddler mind personally, but from someone close to him.  Kind of a way to control another news cycle... I dunno, I'm honestly dumbfounded as to how a functioning adult would think people would believe such nonsense.  

17 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

He pulled a single piece of paper that was folded up in thirds out of his coat pocket and waved it around as proof that there really is a secret agreement with Mexico.   But he can't show it to us because it's secret. 

His voters: “that’s what a leader looks like herp derp.”

Just now, Todd Gack said:

Has to be a troll, right?  Maybe not from his toddler mind personally, but from someone close to him.  Kind of a way to control another news cycle... I dunno, I'm honestly dumbfounded as to how a functioning adult would think people would believe such nonsense.  

Just ask GRHorn, Onboard, Eurohorn, and Tahoe how they can believe it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

If I were a reporter in the White House, I would have asked him on camera to show me the Carfax on that agreement.

'So this agreement that no one can see, that you need to wait for Mexico to legislate on and then announce, is just folded up in your pocket? Shouldn't it be locked in a file somewhere or in a briefcase of your other important papers?'

Just now, Jograves said:

'So this agreement that no one can see, that you need to wait for Mexico to legislate on and then announce, is just folded up in your pocket? Shouldn't it be locked in a file somewhere or in a briefcase of your other important papers?'

and what would those be? 

i can only assume an embarrassingly large number of fast food punch cards with only one remaining punch needed for a free order of hot wings?

• Like 1

It's just gawddamn fucking ridiculous. FUCK! I just can't. I need to stop coming to this forum. I need to stop listening to the news. I need to be off every platform. I can't do this anymore. He's a fucking clown. I'm too old for this shitshow to be happening at this point in my life. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

This is the Trumpiest thing he has done yet.  I’m in awe right now of how brazen this is, and that he’s going to get away with it with 45% of the country instead of becoming a complete laughingstock.

Well, when the vast majority of your base has never executed any legal document much beyond a marriage certificate and a mortgage (which should tip them off right there), it's pretty easy to convince them that a single piece of paper is all it takes for two sovereign nations to come to a trade agreement.

The rest of the country rightly expects that hundreds of lawyers would be involved, and when it's all said and done, the final documents would number in the thousands of pages.  But hey, "he talks like us".