Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Because fuck these fucking ignorant fucks.

They are fucking poison, and they should quit spreading their fucking poison, and it should be shoved up their ignorant asses.

It's for the same reason that I piss on a campfire at the end of the trip -- to kill it and keep it from spreading.  And, because piss on those fuckers.

This.  Their bullshit needs to be logically refuted even if they never get it.  

One thing that is proving to be different in this age of the internet, social media and informational equality is that we collectively are capturing our history in real time.  Before any historian researched what happened from various angle to draw conclusions, there is this living digital history that will be referred to, judged and drawn from.

I frankly feel we have a responsibility to speak and call out, now more than ever and in whatever way we can, for this reason.  To let someone like GRHorn use logical fallacies to muddy the waters unchallenged is to let that false narrative exist in perpetuity.

• Like 3

Building a 100 dollar border wall from sea to shining gulf will be absolutely devastating to the prestige and purpose of The 'United' States of 'America'. It will be to our everlasting shame. 

There are far better ways to solve problems. The methodology of enforced division and the extremeties of control are in fact grave immoralities. 

If built the future will show as much. It will be a forlorn and abandoned monument to stupidity, fear and darkness. It will be a dead zone. 

Unless of course the irony will be this. It will doom America and it shall be Mexico (and the rest of the world) which flourishes and thrives.

20 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I frankly feel we have a responsibility to speak and call out, now more than ever and in whatever way we can, for this reason.  To let someone like GRHorn use logical fallacies to muddy the waters unchallenged is to let that false narrative exist in perpetuity.

Their whole purpose is to elicit your emotional response.  When you engage they will keep engaging with more moving target bullshit and you will feel obligated to correct because you’re already invested in the dialogue.  The consequence of this is pages of worthless shit everyone is exposed to because of your self righteous crusade to right their wrong.  

They should be called out as trolls and ignored. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Goredho said:

This.  Their bullshit needs to be logically refuted even if they never get it.  

One thing that is proving to be different in this age of the internet, social media and informational equality is that we collectively are capturing our history in real time.  Before any historian researched what happened from various angle to draw conclusions, there is this living digital history that will be referred to, judged and drawn from.

This is an important statement. Our digital fingerprints will never be forgotten.

Edited by bolverk
Post for posterity, you nimwits.

22 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I met his (federal judge) sister a number of years ago at some legal event, during the whole birther thing.  Someone asked her about it, and she just said, "Oh, that Donnie," with a shake of her head.

He's been enabled in his awfulness all his life.

She's complicit.

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

This is an important statement. Our digital fingerprints will never be forgotten.

It's weird to think about.  People in the future will get to look directly into our brains.  Imagine how wild it would be to go back to 1941 or 1963 or 1972 and scroll through message boards and see how everything played out in everyone's heads over time.

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It's weird to think about.  People in the future will get to look directly into our brains.  Imagine how wild it would be to go back to 1941 or 1963 or 1972 and scroll through message boards and see how everything played out in everyone's heads over time.

They called them "diaries"  and "letters."

And, hopefully, soon there will be the Playboy Mansion celebrity sex vids.

12 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Their whole purpose is to illicit your emotional response.  When you engage they will keep engaging with more moving target bullshit and you will feel obligated to correct because you’re already invested in the dialogue.  The consequence of this is pages of worthless shit everyone is exposed to because of your self righteous crusade to right their wrong.  

They should be called out as trolls and ignored. 

why not have a separate pro-Trump thread where all the Rs can gather? After all Texas is about 60% pro Trump, or was, so even on Surly that sort of thread would get dozens of posters. 

12 minutes ago, NowThis said:

why not have a separate pro-Trump thread where all the Rs can gather? After all Texas is about 60% pro Trump, or was, so even on Surly that sort of thread would get dozens of posters. 

are you suggesting we segregate them into separate but equal threads?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Go read James Joyce's letters to certain women in his life. Our message board posting pales in comparison.

If there's ever been more eloquent, poignant correspondence than this, I am unaware of it:

Spoiler

My sweet little whorish Nora,

I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being fucked arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I fucked you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest fucking I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck up in you for hours, fucking in and out under your upturned rump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every fuck I gave you your shameless tongue come bursting out through your lips and if I gave you a bigger stronger fuck than usual fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting woman when every fuck drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora’s fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

I would kill for our president and his supporters to be half as artful with words as Mr. Joyce.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If there's ever been more eloquent, poignant correspondence than this, I am unaware of it:

Reveal hidden contents

My sweet little whorish Nora,

I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being fucked arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I fucked you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest fucking I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck up in you for hours, fucking in and out under your upturned rump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every fuck I gave you your shameless tongue come bursting out through your lips and if I gave you a bigger stronger fuck than usual fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting woman when every fuck drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora’s fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

I would kill for our president and his supporters to be half as artful with words as Mr. Joyce.

imgur

5 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Personally, I've really enjoyed the comedic edge in season 3. They've managed to reinvent the show to keep everyone engaged. Can't wait for the Mueller plotline to reappear.

I think season one will end up being the best in retrospect.  It began with the incredible foreshadowing of the dossier and the pink pussy hat march which will likely be big pieces of how it all ends. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Trump:  Who's going to not literally pay for the wall with a check or a money order or cash but indirectly pay with an amazing trade deal I'll make that will force them to pay for the wall without knowing about it so they kinda figuratively pay for the wall instead of literally pay for it?

MAGA Crowd:  Uh ... Guam?

Trump:  Guam?  No.  Goddamnit.  Mexico!

MAGA Crowd:  Mexico!

12 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I guess most of these assholes didn't plan to be traitors, but they ended up being led down the primrose path as one of the intelligence chiefs said.

What if Trump grows to hate America so much that he's not really an American president anymore? Instead a foreign agent living in the WH.

I mean, the vast majority of his actions are weakening America. The shutdown is just the latest in a series of escalating actions.

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

A couple things, progressives and a lot of Dems aren’t skeptical of authority. They appeal to it. 

Only when "the authority" has gained expertise and knows what the fuck he/she is talking about. A couple of good examples are climate scientists and paleo-geneticists.

1 minute ago, retread said:

I guess most of these assholes didn't plan to be traitors, but they ended up being led down the primrose path as one of the intelligence chiefs said.

What if Trump grows to hate America so much that he's not really an American president anymore? Instead a foreign agent living in the WH.

I mean, the vast majority of his actions are weakening America. The shutdown is just the latest in a series of escalating actions.

The thing is, Trump’s entire campaign was based in anti-American ideas and that was somehow appealing because Hillary wasn’t likable. 

3 hours ago, GRHorn said:

No. I think it’s an interesting follow through. If you think walls are immoral, should we tear down the ones that we’ve built?  

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

So walls “make sense” in some places, but are immoral in others on the same border?

Image result for simple rick

Simple Rick.  Just asking questions.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

We are there already brah.

He's obviously compromised, and his actions show it. I wonder if he's still on the self-preservation side of the fence? Could I get out of this mess and go back to a somewhat normal life? If he has turned full heel/traitor, how would we know?

If he hasn't crossed that line, I'd say he's close. He may have confidence in either getting a pardon from Pence and/or working out a deal with SDNY for himself? I think he knows that Jr is probably screwed, and maybe Ivanka/Kush too.

19 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I’ll help you out 

1) They agree with him

2) They know it’s a trivial amount of money that Congress is withholding

3) They know they’ll get made whole after the fact. 

Trivial: of little significance or value.

The wall is not trivial to either Trump's base or the Left's base. It doesn't matter if its 5 billion or 50 billion. Its not about the money to either side.

14 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Have any of y’all ever tried to deal with someone with a mental illness? It aint easy and is in fact the toughest thing you would ever have to deal with it. They are not rational at all and some of those people desire the conflict to help them cope. 

Now just imagine having to deal with such a person who is not only mental ill, but is not only the most powerful person in the world, but has the back of some of the most powerful people in the country like the senate majority leader and a certain segment of the media who are profiting on that person’s illness for ratings and money. Damn near impossible.

That is unfortunately where we are at today. They will continue to seek to harm and profit as long as they are able to do so. 

This isn’t trump anymore. Its cocaine/benedict Mitch and the rest of the traitors/republican party who are really ultimately to blame for this shitstorm and their obsequeience to a mentally ill president who is weakening this country tremendously.  They could end this tomorrow.

Nailed it.

This is exactly why Trump will never cave. The only way this ends is with the Dems caving, or a veto proof bill is passed, or Trump is removed from office. Benedict Turtle knows this. Until he gets some heat put on him, he ain't gonna do shit. Pelosi and Schumer, or their minions, need to go after him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Trivial: of little significance or value.

The wall is not trivial to either Trump's base or the Left's base. It doesn't matter if its 5 billion or 50 billion. Its not about the money to either side.

Nailed it.

This is exactly why Trump will never cave. The only way this ends is with the Dems caving, or a veto proof bill is passed, or Trump is removed from office. Benedict Turtle knows this. Until he gets some heat put on him, he ain't gonna do shit. Pelosi and Schumer, or their minions, need to go after him.

This.

I represent clients who sometimes have to go up against very big, arrogant, and powerful opposing entities.  I regularly advise them that all they need to do is to stand their ground.  The other side is going to attack, going to try to outspend you, going to try every procedural trick in the book.  To win, we have to do only one thing: when the dust clears, show that we haven't budged an inch.  Arrogant bullies don't have a "Plan B" after that stage.  Stage 1 of resisting an arrogant bully is "just refuse to lose."  Stage 2 is "WIN."

The Dem playbook here only has two steps.  Don't budge.  Then win.

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No slamming, no slamming. You're the slamming. 

"These Tacos be slammin'."

That's what I heard outside of a taco truck on North Lamar near the bad side of North Austin, as it approaches "not Austin". And you know what, the dude who said it was kind of Wigger Mexicany, if you know what I mean, but boy oh boy, was he ever half right.

• Fuck You 3