Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Gengs1 said:

Ok republicans defend this one?

how will they spin this one?

“If Trump had done anything wrong he would have been in prison by now.  He’s not, so obviously he has done nothing wrong whatsoever.  I’m totally not a Trump supporter, though.”  

- Slorch, and tens of millions of Republicans.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

“If Trump had done anything wrong he would have been in prison by now.  He’s not, so obviously he has done nothing wrong whatsoever.  I’m totally not a Trump supporter, though.”  

- Slorch, and tens of millions of Republicans.  

"So why isn't Hillary in prison? I guess she's totally innocent and has done nothing wrong."

Image result for head explode gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CowboyFred said:

I probably would too if he wasn’t tasked with leading my country.  To each their own I guess.

He's just being honest.  Do you think any other campaign, if presented with damaging information regarding their political opponent, would not at least think about using that information to their advantage?  It would be a simple calculus of the expected benefit of using it versus the risk of getting caught.

3 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

He's just being honest.  Do you think any other campaign, if presented with damaging information regarding their political opponent, would not at least think about using that information to their advantage?  It would be a simple calculus of the expected benefit of using it versus the risk of getting caught.

I know, I know, don't engage the troll.  But - I hope that if you have children, you hold them to a much higher standard than this.  

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

His generation raised them.

In their defense, half the dads of that generation were quietly suffering from PTSD because you didn't talk about such things back then. Lots of dads probably had their evening cocktail after work and just wanted to be left the fuck alone.

Hmm, more things change...

Just now, Native Horn said:

I know, I know, don't engage the troll.  But - I hope that if you have children, you hold them to a much higher standard than this.  

I'm not making any kind of normative judgment here.  I'm just saying, for instance, you think someone as morally bankrupt as Hillary would be above doing something like that?  I kinda doubt it.  

10 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2000/09/14/us/the-2000-campaign-the-debate-gore-aide-receives-then-lets-go-of-hot-potato.html

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Like I was saying:

Campaign officials said they did not know if the materials sent to Mr. Downey had been stolen from the Bush campaign or were meant to trap the Gore adviser in some sort of dirty trick. Mr. Downey's lawyer, Marc Miller, said the material -- a videotape and a sheaf of papers -- arrived in an envelope postmarked Austin, Tex., where the Bush campaign has its headquarters.

Way too much risk in this instance.  

34 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I'm no lawyer, but accepting assistance from a foreign government attacking our democratic institutions and violating U.S. law in the process of doing so sounds treasonous to me.

No collusion!

Russia: You know what, Al?  I like you. I know you and Bob are going for the same promotion at the shoe store. I'm going to take care of Bob for you. 

Al: Do whatever you want.  Who likes Bob anyway?  I won't help, but I won't call the cops and I won't be mad at you either.  I'm not saying your wife will get free shoes when I'm assistant manager either, but what is her size and shipping address?

When I’m 94 I’m not gonna give a fuck about any of that or really anything much in particular. I suspect your grandfather might be of a similar mindset.
But regardless, please tell him sincerely that later generations truly do appreciate what he did, no matter what has transpired since then. People like your grandfather are true heroes and are truly the greatest generation, despite whatever their kids may or may not have done since then.  Until W (who I stil think was not a bad a guy, just manipulated and naive) and Trump came along it was chugging along ok. Its not hopeless yet.

That’s great and all, but they did raise the Boomers so...

11 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I'm not making any kind of normative judgment here.  I'm just saying, for instance, you think someone as morally bankrupt as Hillary would be above doing something like that?  I kinda doubt it.  

And Trump is not only more morally bankrupt but has no soul. You treat his comments like they’re entertainment. They do have consequences. 

Don’t worry, we just need to wait for Trump to publicly invite hostile foreign governments to attack our elections again.

Then we will have him. 

/sarcasm 

This is a painful slow motion tragedy but I can’t look away.  Tomorrow will be worse.  It always is. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

10 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

When I’m 94 I’m not gonna give a fuck about any of that or really anything much in particular. I suspect your grandfather might be of a similar mindset.

But regardless, please tell him sincerely that later generations truly do appreciate what he did, no matter what has transpired since then. People like your grandfather are true heroes and are truly the greatest generation, despite whatever their kids may or may not have done since then.  Until W (who I stil think was not a bad a guy, just manipulated and naive) and Trump came along it was chugging along ok. Its not hopeless yet.

There's a lot of over simplification to be found in generational scorn. 

Once someone leaves their youth, they're less likely to identify themselves by generation. The overemotional praise for the so-called greatest generation as though they all fought their way across Europe or the Pacific isles is as absurd as pinning Trump on an entire generation. 

It seems to me that the country needs fewer ways to divide itself not more.

• Like 3

But Hillary game strong to quite strong. 8/10.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

There's a lot of over simplification to be found in generational scorn. 

Once someone leaves their youth, they're less likely to identify themselves by generation. The overemotional praise for the so-called greatest generation as though they all fought their way across Europe or the Pacific isles is as absurd as pinning Trump on an entire generation. 

It seems to me that the country needs fewer ways to divide itself not more.

But they mostly did fight. Close to 16 million American men served during WW2 out of a total of 65 million men altogether.  Of that 65 million, there were probably only 20 million that were 18 to 30 years old.  We have never even come close to that participation rate for other wars. 

For comparison, 8.7 million out of 100 million total men served during Vietnam

16 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

You’re right! Let’s go to war!

sorry, Imma worry more about what is happening at home than there. America First, right?

I don't want war.  I'm just noting that the events in the Gulf are far more newsworthy and important than flippant comments from Trump.  I think Iran might be getting really fucking tired of how it's being treated by the US and is beginning to take that frustration out on our salafist friends.  

12 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

But they mostly did fight. Close to 16 million American men served during WW2 out of a total of 65 million men altogether.  Of that 65 million, there were probably only 20 million that were 18 to 30 years old.  We have never even come close to that participation rate for other wars. 

For comparison, 8.7 million out of 100 million total men served during Vietnam

Yeah.  Roma picked the wrong example.  WWII is the one time it really was all hands on deck. 

6 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I don't want war.  I'm just noting that the events in the Gulf are far more newsworthy and important than flippant comments from Trump.  I think Iran might be getting really fucking tired of how it's being treated by the US and is beginning to take that frustration out on our salafist friends.  

And you can find the story on every major news site. It would be irresponsible to drum up the call for war against Iran until more intel is found out. We do not know who attacked the tankers yet. 

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

in a thread about....<checking notes>....donald trump, fozz wants the surl to stop talking about...<checks notes again>....donald trump, and start talking about....<checks notes>....tankers on fire in the middle east.

out of the following tweets the president has sent this morning:

that's twelve tweets from the president of the united states so far this morning, and nothing indicates that HE even knows that tankers have been attacked in the middle east.

If no one on his staff tells him, and Fox doesn't talk about it, how long do you think it would take for him to find out? 

Ok republicans defend this one?

how will they spin this one?

See below.

When in doubt, hit the "BuT hIlLaRy!1!1" button, even if it is completely irrelevent.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1