Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Trump cult:  The left calls everyone a racist, it's total bullshit, there are hardly any examples of real racism, and it's morally wrong to throw around the term like that! 

Also Trump cult:  Hollywood is racist.  The Squad is racist.  Elijah Cummings is racist. The Democrat Party is racist.  The Left is racist. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Trump cult:  The left calls everyone a racist, it's total bullshit, there are hardly any examples of real racism, and it's morally wrong to throw around the term like that! 

Also Trump cult:  Hollywood is racist.  The Squad is racist.  Elijah Cummings is racist. The Democrat Party is racist.  The Left is racist. 

Racism in America is dead!  Except racism against White people!!!!!!

-Tucker Carlson and MAGA Cultist 

13 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

No racist, no racist, YOU'RE RACIST!

That's how they work.  Accusation is a confession.  FULL STOP.

4 hours ago, Goredho said:

We tend to think of Trump backers as a homogenous group, but they aren't.  I think its important to distinguish between the plutocrats, the true racists/white nationalists and the exploited working class that are supporting the GOP right now.

The current generation of working adults grew up in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.  America's Camelot.  But the middle class that thrived in those decades has been sacrificed for the luxury of the 2% at the top.  Its harder to give your kids the same childhood and opportunities that your parents were able to give you.  When my oldest child is 18, four years at a state school like UT is projected to cost $160,000.  I have 3 kids.  If you are like me, and I think most are, you try like hell to do it, and wind up sacrificing your own health and well being in the process.  And I and my children are far better off than most.  We have it good enough that I have the luxury of moral outrage.

But many have it worse, and when you are in that state, you are ripe for exploitation.  You are tired, stressed, depressed, pissed.  You are doing your best but falling further behind.  A little bit at a time, every day. Then you tune into MSNBC and see someone bitching about your male, white privilege.  WTF?  Fuck you, asshole.  So you switch to Fox News, and hear the talk of an invasion of immigrants taking jobs and leeching our tax dollars for free healthcare.  And there's Trump, talking about protecting American workers and putting up a wall to protect us from the invasion.  And voila, just like that, you support our President even if you don't agree with everything he says and does.

That group of people are not outright racists.  They also happen to be the majority of Americans.  They have a very real plight as we move further into post-industrialism and their plight is the context in which a Donald Trump can arise.  If we want to see Trump defeated, we need to quit calling them deplorables, listen to their problems and offer them a viable alternative.

ryu2eroce2f31.jpg

tenor.gif

40 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Oh fuck it.  What's the point?  How can you ever reach or understand anyone who finds shit like this rational or beneficial?  How can you find value in anyone who hears garbage like this and thinks to themselves that this was spoken by a person who should the executive of anything?  I know, the list is long, but I can't find a morsel of reconciliation.  It's beyond policy or ideological disagreement.  I don't get anything about this guy.   

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

This is the quote from NPR 

"Go and really study hard, and some day you'll group up and maybe be President of the United States or do something else that's fantastic. They have nothing to fear, they have nothing to worry about."

which is total bullshit, they have everything to fear. Theres been legislation that's been block or if you like, not acted upon. All these mass shootings and no action taken. Yes, do not fear, the NRA has assured.me we are safe!

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's tough being white in America. You never get any breaks.

Ever visited Appalachia? There are areas there that are no different than the shanty towns along the Texas-Mexico border. The only real difference is the skin tone. Doesn't matter if you are white, black or brown, its tough being poor in America. You never get any breaks.

Democrats need to stop taking the identity politics bait. Focus on class tension and hammer away at it.

• Like 2

Giving a huge toothy grin and an enthusiastic, double thumbs up when you visit people who just had bullets rip through their tissue and people who watched bullets rip through and kill other people right next to them.  The inability to even feign the proper emotion is just as incredible as the inability to truly embrace the magnitude of what happened to them.  That's someone who just doesn't understand the species.  The human species.  He doesn't get it.  The double thumbs up with the huge smile is dark comedy.  If it was a dark sketch it'd be kinda funny just considering the irony of the disproportionate response to atrocity.  But it really happened.  Half the country didn't find it absurd or even strange.  I remember the scene of Leslie Nielson laughing hysterically coming out of the movie theater and the camera pans to the marquee to reveal that he'd just watched 'Platoon.'  It was funny.  Just the brief jolt of an inappropriate response was funny.  That was the simplicity of the punchline and it worked.  But this was real.  How do some people mentally manage any of this as normal?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Giving a huge toothy grin and an enthusiastic, double thumbs up when you visit people who just had bullets rip through their tissue and people who watched bullets rip through and kill other people right next to them.  The inability to even feign the proper emotion is just as incredible as the inability to truly embrace the magnitude of what happened to them.  That's someone who just doesn't understand the species.  The human species.  He doesn't get it.  The double thumbs up with the huge smile is dark comedy.  If it was a dark sketch it'd be kinda funny just considering the irony of the disproportionate response to atrocity.  But it really happened.  Half the country didn't find it absurd or even strange.  I remember the scene of Leslie Nielson laughing hysterically coming out of the movie theater and the camera pans to the marquee to reveal that he'd just watched 'Platoon.'  It was funny.  Just the brief jolt of an inappropriate response was funny.  That was the simplicity of the punchline and it worked.  But this was real.  How do some people mentally manage any of this as normal?

it's unreal. again, we're in a simulation. there's no other plausible explanation for this absurdity.

Just now, horn4life said:

Think of the contest of this picture.  A child orphaned by a racist inspired by the guy giving the thumbs up.  spacer.png

And they dragged the poor baby out of recovery at home back to the hospital just so Trump could get the photo up. 

4 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Think of the contest of this picture.  A child orphaned by a racist inspired by the guy giving the thumbs up.  spacer.png

standing next to a guy, who still supports the president whose rhetoric inspired the DEATH OF HIS BROTHER

jesu fucking christ

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

It’s just fundamentally unsound thinking, and so many Americans have brains that just don’t fucking work properly.  They’re easily confused, immune to logic, and unable to adjust to new information.  It’s frustrating as shit and makes me think an asteroid strike might be the best thing to happen to this planet.  Humans are immensely overrated.

I think it's because so many people are never taught how to be wrong.  Those of us with engineering and science backgrounds are used to Mother Nature saying "nope, you got that one all wrong, try again, idiot".  It's not even shameful.  It's just part of the daily process.  "Hey, what if . . . oh shit, that was dumb."

I'm not saying everyone needs to study STEM in college, or philosophy, or even go to college in the first place.  I am saying that we are seeing the byproduct of incomplete primary and secondary education, and now that the internet has made it possible to connect with millions of other ill-equipped thinkers, we suddenly have entire digital communities of self-reinforcing asshattery.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

If you think that's parody, get a load of this!

Trump is a sick man.

We knew this. We know this.

The problem is the dumb fucks who voted for him, and who still support him.

Vote Trump, and all other GOP dipshits (not all GOP are dipshits, but it's getting tough to identify those who aren't) out of office. 

That's it. The rest is just noise.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, F250 said:

Ever visited Appalachia? There are areas there that are no different than the shanty towns along the Texas-Mexico border. The only real difference is the skin tone. Doesn't matter if you are white, black or brown, its tough being poor in America. You never get any breaks.

Democrats need to stop taking the identity politics bait. Focus on class tension and hammer away at it.

I agree with much of this (Appalachians are my people), but also believe that there's a racial undertone to even the class tension that should be acknowledged.

Of course, it could be because I'm knee deep in this text: Dying of Whiteness

The author discusses how issues that should be crucial to all Americans (particularly those of lower socio-economic status) are constantly undercut by poor white folks voting against their own self interest. Gun control, education reform, health care support (for instance) are all thwarted by concerns about "those people". It seems like many of our fellow citizens would rather fail if success includes "them".

Edited by NWBuck
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, horn4life said:

How do you make that face here? This is total detachment from reality. Forget sociopathy or lack of empathy. How would anyone fail at just feigning a more appropriate response in this situation? Imagine if the continuous musical score to 'Shindler's List' was Van Halen's 'Jump.' That would be hilarious. This is real. 

We know that Melania is functionally retarded and that Trump is a dolt. But how did an entire staff of political strategists just roll with this for two hours straight? How did that video of celebratory music combined with walking through a trauma ward even get made, much less released without someone losing their mind with rage? What the fuck is going on right now? Is it happening right now? Is this it? Are we about to have to start learning a new language or begin growing our own food? 

21 minutes ago, horn4life said:

That kid is thinking wtf have y'all done to me. Also, Trump had that jacket burned after that Mexican guy touched him.

59 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Why not both?  Warren seems to be able to do it.

Warren and Bernie seem to be the only two really attempting to address racial and class strife. Although I wouldn't classify what they do as taking the identity politics bait.

1 hour ago, F250 said:

45 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

I agree with much of this (Appalachians are my people), but also believe that there's a racial undertone to even the class tension that should be acknowledged.

The author discusses how issues that should be crucial to all Americans (particularly those of lower socio-economic status) are constantly undercut by poor white folks voting against their own self interest. Gun control, education reform, health care support (for instance) are all thwarted by concerns about "those people". It seems like many of our fellow citizens would rather fail if success includes "them".

I couldn't find the post talking about the mistake of talking about "white privilege," but that has stuck with me all afternoon. These following posts were excellent, too.

I completely agree about assuming the path is easy for all whites. I grew up a upper middle class suburban boy who got a college degree when you could graduate with no debt. Most people I know are the same. 

It must sound weird and offensive to indigent poor whites to hear all about this fairy land that they haven't had easy access to. Poor blacks have it worse, but that doesn't mean poor whites have it good. 

Still, it's strange to me that the anti-union, anti-press, and anti-lawyer rhetoric seems to appeal to these people so much. Those are the best avenues for the little guy, the hard working poor guy, or the little guy who got stepped on to even the playing field.

The GOP rhetoric has systematically persuaded these people to hate their best options because they're tied to the ebil libs who hate our country, always lie, and always have a hidden agenda.

Ebil libs = Juden

Idiot World with Teeth

55 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

I am in complete agreement that there is definitely a flow of racial tension and it's being used to distract the white working class. I am not saying that racism should be ignored but that Democrats should be cautious when addressing the racial divide by not taking the bait. The GOP benefits the most if the white working class is excluded by Democrats.

• Like 1