2017-2018 PGA Tour

bigup2dahorns

That was incredible. Had such an impact on my life, helping pay for college, couldn't be more happier. And that damn crowd, holy fuck. Ryder cup should be good. Put tiger against rose, fuck poulter

edit-also that Phil tiger match might have lose some glory, exact opposite finishes this week. 

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn

There aren't many stars in sports.  Tiger is the only star golf will ever have.  The final round of the PGA Championship was a little awesome but today was totally awesome.

Even the other golfers actively root for him.  He's the childhood idol of most of them.  Keep in mind most of them are 25-35 years old.  He's their golf idol.

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

There aren't many stars in sports.  Tiger is the only star golf will ever have.  The final round of the PGA Championship was a little awesome but today was totally awesome.

He's the Michael Jordan of a sport that never had a Magic, and may never have a Kobe Bryant or a LeBron James.

I wonder how people would feel today if the handicaps for the 2019 Tour Championship/FedEx Cup were in place in 2018?

Here are the results, adjusted for the handicaps (highlighted columns) - so Rose wins both the Tour Championship and FedEx Cup

2045752409_2018TourChampionshipresultsusing2019handicaps.JPG.eaeb2d8132e3a4920da6cf86b6cc1753.JPG

I think the PGA Tour would have a firestorm of complaints if this were to have happened yesterday.

40 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Palmer & Nicklaus weren't Magic. They were more like Wilt, Russell, KAJ, etc.

Palmer was a superstar, arguably the most popular athlete of the 60s.  Nicklaus was also a huge star in the 60s and 70s. 

Golf did lack star power in the US in the 80s and pre-Tiger 90s , although Tiger was THE athlete of the 00s.   

49 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I wonder how people would feel today if the handicaps for the 2019 Tour Championship/FedEx Cup were in place in 2018?

Here are the results, adjusted for the handicaps (highlighted columns) - so Rose wins both the Tour Championship and FedEx Cup

2045752409_2018TourChampionshipresultsusing2019handicaps.JPG.eaeb2d8132e3a4920da6cf86b6cc1753.JPG

I think the PGA Tour would have a firestorm of complaints if this were to have happened yesterday.

If tiger hadn’t bogied twice down the stretch people would be looking at that spreadsheet and talking about how next year makes it more possible for a dominant tournament to win the FedEx cup and how the current setup makes it basically impossible for a guy to come from the back of the pack and win the cup even if he wins the tournament. 

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

So, if the guy who is spotted 10 shots wins the Tour Championship next year.. is that counting as an official PGA Tour win?  If so, that is a fucking joke.  

I've read that it will count as a PGA Tour win, I haven't read anywhere how the OWGR will treat those results.
While I completely agree about it being a joke, I also find it amazing that the Tour really, really, really wants to have one tournament decide a year long event.
IMO it was exciting to watch the event within the Tour Championship, since Tiger had the tournament pretty well in hand for all of Sunday - but it was great to see if Rose could keep his spot on top of the FedEx standings.

I don't see how anyone can have an issue with Rose winning the FedEx Cup, if you look at the year he had. And I think he'd be in contention for player of the year but he plays both sides of the Pond so his results get somewhat diluted.
Since last years Tour Championship he has:
- 4 wins, including a WGC event
- 3 2nd place finishes
- 10 finishes in 3-10th (so 17 top 10 finishes overall)

And in the world of OWGR math, he slipped to 2nd behind DJ after finishing 1 spot higher than DJ in the Tour Championship .... I'm sure that $10 mil makes up for any issues with any of it.

17 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Wilt is the first or second greatest player of all time. For every stat you can throw out for MJ and Lebron and I can throw out just as many mind boggling stats for Wilt. That was a really bad analogy

mind boggling stats except for  rings. seriously though Wilt was an amazing athlete, volleyball player,  track and field events.