Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

When exactly have they been 8-8? Ever since they drafted Zach Martin and change their offensive style they’ve never been 8-8. As long as they’ve had a decent starting QB they’ve had a winning season every. Fucking. Year.

I absolutely see why some may not be jumping up and down about these picks, but they’re solid and safe picks, at positions of need(and can never go wrong with the trenches), and continue the MO of taking players that should have some impact.

What frustrates me about this fan base is the same people crying they don’t draft a DT high(like Vic in previous drafts) are the same ones that are crying now.

Dude is an athletic monster and something they were missing last year without Irving. It was also a need. Probably even more so than Safety.

I know Heath is a whipping boy. But they can get by with him and Iloka splitting snaps and look to upgrade later. You can’t have all stars at every position on your team. just not realistic.

With the OL it’s obvious they’re not going to be in the same position they were in during 2017 without quality depth on the OL. With Collins most likely leaving next off season, Looney too probably, and Smith healthy concerns, you can’t go wrong with taking a versatile OL. Allows them to move players around in the future, and also provide depth to step in if needed.

They’ve once again had a solid, if not exciting draft, and to be honest, I have no idea why they haven’t earned any leeway with their drafts?

Sure you can complain about Taco. But then you’re ignoring the 8 other picks that have panned out since then.

100% spot on. This place gets TexAgs pretty regularly

Well they average out to 8-8, 9-7.

So now you moved the goal post to 9-7?

Man just stop. When they have good QB play they win a ton of games. And the division 3 out of 5 years. When they don’t they struggle. And one of of those missed was the league absolutely out to destroy their season by dragging the Zeke shit out forever then losing him in the middle do the season and they STILL has a chance to make the playoffs if they could have pulled off another win

6 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

A safety wouldn't have helped against the Rams or pretty much any of our other loses last year. It's pretty clear the FO has decided not to invest resources in that position. 

You know what would have helped? 

Resting a worn out defense in a meaningless game 17 so they weren't so busted up by the 2nd round of the playoffs they got abused and embarrassed by an average line. 

No one knows anything about these picks. It's all a crap shoot. Not sure why they needed to Invest another top 3 round pick in an OL but guess they just love drafting what they're usually good at (Chaz the obvious exception)

Edited by Junior Miller

9 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

On his radio interview he stated that this was his congratulatory phone call was his very first contact with the coaches and the organization, so yeah, this had to be best player available.

How does Dallas draft a 3rd rounder without ever talking to him before the draft??  Has to be more to this story.....

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

2 chosen immediately after the Dallas pick, so we’ll see. 

Great point.... total of 4 Tackles drafted in 3rd Rd after Cowboys pick.  Smaller number of good Tackles in 2019 Draft has pushed more 4th Rd type players into the 3rd Round.

Hopefully Dallas got the best OL out of the selections from #90 to #102 in 3rd Round.

Edited by LTtxfan

5 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Resting a worn out defense in a meaningless game 17 so they weren't so busted up by the 2nd round of the playoffs they got abused and embarrassed by an average line. 

No one knows anything about these picks. It's all a crap shoot. Not sure why they needed to Invest another top 3 round pick in an OL but guess they just love drafting what they're usually good at (Chaz the obvious exception)

But had they rested everyone (where do you get enough players to actually play the game you fucktard?) they wouldn’t have goaded the Giants into taking Daniel Jones 20 picks too high.  

10 hours ago, Drew said:

I absolutely see why some may not be jumping up and down about these picks, but they’re solid and safe picks, at positions of need(and can never go wrong with the trenches), and continue the MO of taking players that should have some impact.

From the sound of things, Hill is anything but a solid and safe pick. I think this is Jerrah wildcatting again.

7 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Yea, rest is guaranteed to help the players perform better in the playoffs,  am I right?

Resting players worked really well in 2007, 2014, 2016. 

“Just rest baby!!!”

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I would almost bet my life that one of these two 4th round picks are going to be on a RB. If Williams from aggy fell, or Pollard from Memphis, I bet we take them. 

They’d been talking about it all morning on Dallascowboys.com. This has been a target pick since the start of the draft. 

Just now, Machinator said:

This is the kind of back I've been wanting them to draft for years.  Hopefully Moore will be allowed to maximize him.

They also may be thinking they can hold off on a WR now because of his ability in the passing game. 

1 minute ago, Rabidhorn said:

Can someone explain to me what Dallas is thinking? the second round prob will start, the third and fourth round picks are backups and do not start, I do not get it, plus all the picks are reaches.

They have no real back up RB on the roster and the G will be battling for a starting position day 1 of camp

6 minutes ago, Rabidhorn said:

Can someone explain to me what Dallas is thinking? the second round prob will start, the third and fourth round picks are backups and do not start, I do not get it, plus all the picks are reaches.

I don't think I would call them reaches. They are have gone about where they were projected. Except Dallas took the 3rd rounder becayse they had a 2nd round grade on him. Maybe Pollard

Edited by Buddy Hinton

1 minute ago, Rabidhorn said:

The RB will spell Zeke, probably 10-15 plays per game.  He’ll also line up in the slot several times per game.  Hell, maybe Kellen Moore will actually have a handle on his offense and think about putting Pollard and Zeke on the field together every now and then and run some motion to get the defense in a mismatch.   

But nahhh, you clearly know they’re reaching and not thinking 

2 minutes ago, Rabidhorn said:

Would you rather reach for a lesser player just because he can start?

I don't know if that's the reasoning.  But it seems to be the BPA.  Plus they'll lose LC and MC next year. 

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He’s not purely a running back.   Think poor man’s Mcaffrey 

He's a kickoff retuner, and a sometimes backfield recevier that doesnt have particulary good catching skills. Didn't even return punts.
He's not going to be spelling Zeke as a Rb for 5 carries a game, much less 15. Probably closer to zero.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DougO said:

He's a kickoff retuner, and a sometimes backfield recevier that doesnt have particulary good catching skills. Didn't even return punts.
He's not going to be spelling Zeke as a Rb for 5 carries a game, much less 15. Probably closer to zero.

Did I say 15 carries?  I said 10-15 plays.   That may be 5-7 carries tops.