NFC Championship: Rams @ Saints

TexasMan

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

What a shitty ending. Great kick. Rams benefitted from some favorable calls in both of their last two games. The calls played an even bigger role in the outcome of this game. 

yea calling running plays for 270 yards last week was very beneficial.

1 minute ago, Sundancekid said:

The Saints got screwed by the refs. How can they blow a pass interference call like that? Pathetic. Someone’s head should be on a stake... not literally.

Stake or a pike. Pike would be better for them.

4 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Gee, what's a bigger call? A graze against the facemask with no twist or a helmet to helmet PI before the ball gets there?

They were both blown calls and both probably cost each team a touchdown.  This wasn't a conspiracy this was typical terrible officiating.  The Saints had their chance to knock the Rams out in the first half but they only got field goals instead of touchdowns.  The only way to make sure a bad call doesn't cost you the game is to not let the other team get close enough to where that call makes a difference.  Yes it was a terrible call and I will set the over/under on the number of similar calls in the 2019 NFL season at 100.  You can fire every member of this officiating crew and it wouldn't change that number.

6 minutes ago, Sundancekid said:

The Saints got screwed by the refs. How can they blow a pass interference call like that? Pathetic. Someone’s head should be on a stake... not literally.

Meh. Saints settle for 2 FGs inside the redzone to begin the game. Could have been 21-0 early. Blew a 13pt lead. Don't settle for FGs and allow the other team to stay in the game.

Saints had no calls on them for 3 quarters.

I would point out the same refs missed a face mask on Goff on his douchy half hearted scramble at the two yard line on the drive that they kicked the field goal instead of going for it on the one yard line.

And I would point out brees had his face mask grabbed on the interception

3 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

They were both blown calls and both probably cost each team a touchdown.  This wasn't a conspiracy this was typical terrible officiating.  The Saints had their chance to knock the Rams out in the first half but they only got field goals instead of touchdowns.  The only way to make sure a bad call doesn't cost you the game is to not let the other team get close enough to where that call makes a difference.  Yes it was a terrible call and I will set the over/under on the number of similar calls in the 2019 NFL season at 100.  You can fire every member of this officiating crew and it wouldn't change that number.

Again, there's a difference between barely grazing the facemask without a twist and a helmet to helmet hit before the ball gets there on a WR. It's nowhere near in the same league as a bad call. 

If I'm the Saints I don't let those refs leave New Orleans with their leg bones intact. Only other time I've seen refs be the 100 percent reason a team loses a game/series of that magnitude was the 2002 WCF where the fix was 100 percent in for the Lakers over Sacramento. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

That was a good no call.  For all the saints talking shit last week after the cowboys got fucked by the refs feels good man. Plus 10s of fans here in LA are gonna be partying 

Their fanbase as a whole is as annoying as the Eagles fanbase. Fuck them and the Saints.

Edited by Vic Mackey