Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

I am going to make a bold prediction that even if aggy gets humiliated this season their class stays together and we dont flip anyone and if we do manage to flip somebody it's going to be Wright.

Sounds right. Strong was able to have a good class his first year of going 5-7. It’s his first season so he’ll get some slack plus recruits see it as immediate playing time.

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

I am going to make a bold prediction that even if aggy gets humiliated this season their class stays together and we dont flip anyone and if we do manage to flip somebody it's going to be Wright.

I agree with the premise, but I don't think we're flipping Wright.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Orangechipper said:

Are kids that we’re known to be “bought” damaged goods?   

For example.  If someone like leal suddenly flips.   Wouldn’t that then raise questions about us?  

Yes, it would. But Leal ain’t flipping unless allegations come down, and the days of NCAA doing shit about anything are long gone. 

9 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

So we're just operating under the assumption that Leal was bought and not another Giles recruiting special? Seriously asking because at the time, the narrative was we dropped the ball... guess it could be both

Texas A&M Targets and Possible Fall Out
– Super K

After Dan Wolken dropped that doozy of an article, I almost immediately starting running through the possible recruiting fall out and what it might mean for Texas.

Here are a few guys that came to mind…

***DeMarvin Leal: This was one that many, myself included, believed would be a fight Texas would win outright. I’ve spoken to Leal’s mother on many occasions and even before the TAMU commitment, she seemed to be leaning towards Texas. Since his commitment, Leal did visit Texas for an official visit. I asked his mother last night if they’d make a return visit this season and she said she wasn’t sure yet.

If TAMU isn’t able to hold on to Leal, Texas will be his likely landing spot.

***Kenyon Green: Before Green committed to Texas A&M he had an unofficial top three of Texas, Texas A&M, and OU. I spoke with Green’s father earlier today and he is aware of the allegations. I asked if they are still hearing from schools and he said they are indeed – Texas, OU, LSU, etc. are all trying to get them to at least take official visits this season. As of right now they have none set and when I spoke to them earlier in the summer, it didn’t sound like it was even a possibility.

This could change that and if it does, then Texas would probably be one of two or three schools they’ll consider.

***Brian Williams: Before his commitment to Texas A&M, Williams was a guy who seemed destined to end up at Texas. Since his commitment, he hasn’t even bothered taking a return trip.

***Demani Richardson: I’ve always believed that if Richardson ever made in on campus for a visit, Texas would win him over. If this story gets bigger, perhaps that will finally happen.

Just to be clear, Richardson did visit Texas for a couple of camps but has never done the red carpet visit.

The question I have with Richardson and Williams is; Will something possibly happen soon enough? As of right now, it would appear Texas has one more spot left at safety and Tyler Owens is likely to announce sometime in late September. Are Williams and Richardson takes regardless?

***Dylan Wright: The sudden turn of this one to Texas A&M is difficult to explain. The family grew up Longhorn fans. The family mentioned they’d like to wait and watch the teams they’re interested in and see how they perform on the field. I had even spoken to Wrights father about helping them do a top five video. Then, suddenly Wright commits to Texas A&M.

If Wright doesn’t end up at Texas A&M then the smart money is on Texas.

***Marcus Stripling: Stripling has visited Texas a number of times. His unofficial top three would be Texas A&M, OU, and Alabama. Smart money on Stripling would be OU if he doesn’t end up at Texas A&M. However, if Texas A&M were to drop out, I wonder if that shakes things up enough to get Texas a cleaner shot. He has told me, recently, that Texas would get one of his official visits.

***David Ugwoegbu: This is a name you probably haven’t heard much. Ugwoegbu is a 2019 DE at Seven Lakes (Katy). I plan on seeing him in person later today. He’s a Texas A&M lean with OU probably running second. Texas is interested but I’m told he has hasn’t been particularly responsive. It’s interesting that the guys who are Texas A&M leans seem to minimize communication with Texas.

Should TAMU fall out, does it open the door for Texas to finally make a move here?

***Christian Harris: 2019 TAMU LB commit, Christian Harris actually visited Texas back in May. Harris committed to Texas A&M earlier this month. I’m checking with Harris to see if he will take an official visit to Texas.

Texas needs linebackers and Harris was clearly interested in Texas before his committed, so this one might be one to watch.

31 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

So we're just operating under the assumption that Leal was bought and not another Giles recruiting special? Seriously asking because at the time, the narrative was we dropped the ball... guess it could be both

I think it's a bit of both. The really painfully obvious one, to me anyway, is Wright. Not going to commit until after the season, family of Texas fans, high on UT the whole way, talks to TFB about a top five video, and then just commits out of nowhere. Nothing fishy about that.

Maybe he REALLY loves depressing Soviet style architecture and shitty restaurants?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing will happen as a result of this article. The day the NCAA allowed Auburn to pay six figures to secure Cameron Newton is the day it officially became legal to give payments to players and their families. It’s is not even against NCAA rules anymore. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Rondale Moore is apparently shredding it at Purdue and is going to be a day one starter for them in he slot. What was the story here? 

We wanted him and got him. Then Brohm showed he can coach offense while also being a legend at Moores High School and closer to home.

Edited by Goodman

23 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Rondale Moore is apparently shredding it at Purdue and is going to be a day one starter for them in he slot. What was the story here? 

The kid is from Kentucky and so is Brohm and now Brohm and Purdue are tearing it up so I can see why he would want to go home and play for some like Brohm. 

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

We wanted him and he wanted us. But then he was told by EJ once a week that he sucked and would never be Jalen Waddle so he bolted for Purdue. 

• Like 1

The kid is from Kentucky and so is Brohm and now Brohm and Purdue are tearing it up so I can see why he would want to go home and play for some like Brohm. 
Problem is, if Purdue has even a decent season...Brohm is gone to a bigger program that shitcans their coach. Of course that's only a problem for Rondale..

20 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

Problem is, if Purdue has even a decent season...Brohm is gone to a bigger program that shitcans their coach. Of course that's only a problem for Rondale..

Brohm is good enough to wait out a great job he isn't going to go to a place like Maryland, he will wait for a UM, ND, OSU, PSU level job and I don't think any of those are opening soon. 

10 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Wonder what it takes to get Jake smith that 5th star. I’d think he is well on his way with preformances like this. 

Probably an all American game week performance similar to his high school play, where he's not playing against a bunch of golfers and ultimate frisbee bros 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

I get the same feeling only because if any kid is truly sold on picking a perennial doormat never wasbeen college station sheep fucking bottom tier school over literally anyolace else with drinkable water you have to assume nothing st all is going to flip them not even the death penality. Plus like others have said.  Leslie Neilson nothing to see here everyone go home gif