Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Probably Demas.

I assume we're nearing that time of year in which guys like Brian Williams and Kenyon Green feign visiting a couple of other places in order to refill the handler/parent bank accounts. Don't discount that maneuver, followed by car trouble just before the planned visit.

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

coachkiss never struck me as a Pegasus kind of guy.  Learn something new everyday.

Agreed. Pegasus seems awfully highfalutin. I had him pegged at the Cobalt Club, where you can get your drink on at 7 am. Nonetheless, in the spirit of things, I too would like to challenge everybody here to a fight. 

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

first it was ag on ag violence, then we find out our president's dick looks like toad from mario cart, and now we have impending surly on surly violence.  it's only wednesday.  no way this week can get any better!

Interdasting. It's actually not the size of the bone of the dog, but the hole the dog buries it.

27 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Agreed. Pegasus seems awfully highfalutin. I had him pegged at the Cobalt Club, where you can get your drink on at 7 am. Nonetheless, in the spirit of things, I too would like to challenge everybody here to a fight. 

If there is room for one more, I am partial to a good dust-up.

I am easy to spot - people say I look like a slightly older version of The Rock, only better looking and more muscular. If I can fight my way through the throngs of females pawing at my incredible abs, I will assume the traditional pugilistic pose as a sign of my willingness to engage any and all Surly posters.

See you all at Pegasus, if indeed such a place exists.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Per TFLoss, the brainiacs say the staff has no intention of pulling Shepherd's offer at this time.

They don't need to make a decision at least until the early signing period, and probably until NSD if they can talk him into not waiting to sign early (shouldn't be difficult with him). With a kid like him, kick the can down the road to get as much data for as long as possible

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I assume we're nearing that time of year in which guys like Brian Williams and Kenyon Green feign visiting a couple of other places in order to refill the handler/parent bank accounts. Don't discount that maneuver, followed by car trouble just before the planned visit.

Seems like you are in the know on these type of things. You should start your on investigating services. You probably would do well around here for $9.95. I.E. (Not being sarcastic or facetious) Don't want to get negged bombed. Maybe a full moon tonight. Perfect night for the Surly Fight Club.

32 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Fud said:
Hand started following about 15 JUCO OL and a couple of under the radar 2019 OL

If true, then there's the real answer..

Real answer to what? There were 3/4 OL in Texas worth recruiting, Texas got 2 of them so far. We are losing 3 of the top 6 guys to graduation and Hudson may have to medically retire.

Cosmi and Kerstetter have 2 of the 5 spots locked down. I would love to take a JUCO/GT at C, because Shackelford just isn't good enough. I would also love to take a JUCO/GT OT to replace Anderson and compete with Okafor. I would love for the 2018 class to have 2 years before they are needed in the 2 deep, though I think Angilau replaces Vahe next year at LG.

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

ISWYDT

1 hour ago, JerryHubbard said:

If there is room for one more, I am partial to a good dust-up.

I am easy to spot - people say I look like a slightly older version of The Rock, only better looking and more muscular. If I can fight my way through the throngs of females pawing at my incredible abs, I will assume the traditional pugilistic pose as a sign of my willingness to engage any and all Surly posters.

See you all at Pegasus, if indeed such a place exists.

Pegasus exists. They love The Rock type there. They will welcome you with open arms.

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Real answer to what? There were 3/4 OL in Texas worth recruiting, Texas got 2 of them so far. We are losing 3 of the top 6 guys to graduation and Hudson may have to medically retire.

Cosmi and Kerstetter have 2 of the 5 spots locked down. I would love to take a JUCO/GT at C, because Shackelford just isn't good enough. I would also love to take a JUCO/GT OT to replace Anderson and compete with Okafor. I would love for the 2018 class to have 2 years before they are needed in the 2 deep, though I think Angilau replaces Vahe next year at LG.

We will take another JUCO and probably a grad transfer. Combination of two or three likely to bridge a gap. Better to know this now about Sheppard than later in the cycle. 

If you get really overheated once, it can make you susceptible to it for the rest of your life to the point where you have to be very careful doing stuff outside.  I know someone who has that issue after getting overheated when he was in the army.  He ended having to be be medically discharged because of it.

Edited by kevwun

32 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

We will take another JUCO and probably a grad transfer. Combination of two or three likely to bridge a gap. Better to know this now about Sheppard than later in the cycle. 

I'm interested to see if they are attempting to redshirt Okafor in order to pick up some separation between some guys. I don't think he's played so far this year, and he was obviously expected to do so.

I definitely think Texas is going to take a Fall 2018 discovery that we'll start hearing about in November, plus a Juco if they can find a fit, plus working the grad transfer arena aggressively. I think they wind up with 6 new guys that aren't on the roster now, with varying degrees of eligibility left. They've added 8 since 2017, with one of those being Anderson, and one of those being Grandy.

Depth is going to be an issue if they're adding some GT and Juco depth. Heading into next season, they'll have 11 OLs plus whoever they sign, prior to attrition. That includes Urquidez, who's apparently never seeing the field; Hudson, who may go med-schol; and Schackleford, who cannot stay healthy, and, frankly, isn't productive on the field. They almost have to have some JUCOs who can play, along with at least one GT who can start.

7 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

I guess you didn't like the answer you got when you posted this a half hour ago?  Maybe you should wait another 20 minutes and ask the question a third time.  I'm excited to see how the responses change.

Is USC tanking really the only way we get Bru? I’d prefer we get him by winning, rather than by USC losing. I realize it’s a bit of a pipe dream and odds are we pick up our next loss in 3 days, but if Texas were to run the table, win the conference and back into a playoff spot, seems like that would put Texas in a somewhat similar position to where Georgia finds itself now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2