Texas recruiting notes 2019

36 minutes ago, Colonel Mustard said:

Why would recruits continue to answer Hamm's phone calls and give him any information? He is just an aggy booster with a facebook page that has been fired by every official recruiting service. Makes no sense to me

He probably actually pays them to answer the phone calls. 

25 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

yeah but murray had 28 tackles. overall their defense was meh but that's still damn impressive. like you said murray has been good and was basically begging us for a committable offer for the longest. with our thin lb group, he would have been big help. 

It was a missed layup for sure. Can’t argue that.

But those 28 tackles were a direct result of the defense being unable to get off the field. Tackles can be a double edged stat.

Army had the ball all game, Army doesn’t pass. Somebody had to rack up tackles by default.

Edited by Lonestar88
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

But those 28 tackles were a direct result of the defense being unable to get off the field. Tackles can be a double edged stat.

Army had the ball all game, Army doesn’t pass. Somebody had to rack up tackles by default.

Army had the ball for nearly 45 minutes.  That’s just ridiculous.

19 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

I agree, but those were tough tackles where you're fighting off blockers every play.  I'll give credit where credit is due, he played a hell of a game.  Teams like Army are obviously beatable, but you're walking out of that stadium with a lot of bumps and bruises.  Tough, option heavy teams are a beating for a defense, you have to tackle every play, all night long.  You constantly have big offensive lineman chop blocking and trying to drive you to the ground every play.  Tough fullbacks and tightends line up every play looking to smash you in the mouth.  Those games are a fucking beating. 

I hope BlowU picks a team like that every year; the effects from games like that linger. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

ou has blown out two bad teams and looked mediocre at best in their 2 other games.  we're going to push their shit in.

shhh.. I want the national perspective to remain the same going into the RRS.  I can't wait til Kyler and BJ cross paths on the field.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

PWO candidate maybe? They’ve had a couple of OL on campus that fall in that category I think. 

Looks like he was previously playing LB and TE. He's apparently also a solid basketball player, so maybe there is some untapped athleticism? In the few clips you can find of him, nothing really seems to jump off the screen except his size.  I'm obviously not a scout and there's very little film. I'm sure it's hard enough to be that big and walk while chewing gum.  Maybe they're keeping an eye on him to see how develops?

24 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

So I flipped from tiger mania to hoping to see a new commintment thread here... hmmm

sidenote-I don't know if I'd even want to see a demas flip right now. Don't want a bounce around journey with that skill level. 

And it's still the wrong fucking thread.

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
19 hours ago, satyanash said:
After the BS Hamm pulled to keep Demas committed to A&M, this will be oh so sweet

What did he do?

Begged Demas not to decommit after Demas's visit to Texas for USC. Also, contacted TFK to talk Demas out of decommitting.

Edited by HtownHorn

4 minutes ago, ousux said:
19 hours ago, satyanash said:
After the BS Hamm pulled to keep Demas committed to A&M, this will be oh so sweet

What did he do?

ctj has the full story, but essentially he heard that Demas was going to decommit and immediately told Dameyune Craig & TFK. They convinced Demas to stay committed.

Sadly it looks like it worked.

Edited by satyanash

4 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Are we still waiting on a silent to pop tonight? I might have to go back and watch yesterdays game for my thrills tonight if they take any longer...

giphy.gif

Enjoy the fact that at least for now, we are in a place where recruiting is not the only positive aspect of this program.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 3