Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

EJ just had one of his recruiting chats after the game. Tunmise was hanging out in it, spamming Hook'em Emojis, whether you want to read into that or not, up to you. He's 2021. Back on 19 commits he said that our most likely next commit would be Marcus Washington. Sees Caleb Johnson flipping, and got a text from a source in Hawaii that said Tuitele was watching, and this win was big for him. Also think this win helps with Bragg. We'll see.

Bragg? I’ll believe it when I see it. That’d be amazing

I used to get bummed out when we missed out on a top guy. Under Herman, I’m less worried. They recruit much more nationally, and appear to do a pretty good job of evaluating (see both the 2017 and 2018 class). There will always be 25 top players we can get that are needed to win a title. I’m more worried about the fact that the best linemen seem to be coming from out of state. We need to ensure we have an effective recruiting pipeline for those elite linemen.

Evans’ comments are telling. That being said, if there’s one position I’m absolutely ok missing out on a stud 5-star it’s at RB. Ingram was ranking something like 170th nationally and he’ll be a beast here for three years. If we can get our OL pLaying as well as it did today, we won’t have problems running the ball.

36 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

Just beat our 3rd top-25 team and you guys want to talk about a 2020 sour grape. Have some fun for once...

He's not just "a 2020 sour grape". He's the #1 recruit in the state of Texas and, arguably, the entire country. This kid is getting the same sort of hype Adrian Peterson was getting in HS.

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

hmmm, that's mensa level shit right there.  how many weeks remaining and how many more slots do we have open?

It actually works, we have room for 7 more, assuming a class size of 25 I think. someone in the recent previous pages did the math counting seniors I believe. If we get a commit today, we have 6 more weeks of play, not counting our BYE after Baylor. I'm sure someone will correct me on the the class size though.

EJ said we are all being bitches by taking Evans bland comments too seriously. He said we are still a top school for him and he's making comments like that intentionally.

I mean, it's EJ, but still. Let's cool it on talking too much shit about a 17 year old phenom who might still be considering us.

Hopefully Dylan Wright and Demond Demas realize that we actually gameplan for our big receivers and don't have our QB's throwing up unsustainable prayer balls to Kendrick Rogers. Those guys need to realize that they signed four JAG's back to back at QB (Starkel/Blumrick/Foster/Calzada) and that Mond plays like he will get hurt eventually. We have much more impressive depth in the QB pipeline.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rynohorn said:

We got some guys in the slot to try and replace LJ. And Eagles for CJ... not exactly a 1 for 1 but we'll be ok i think.

I see Eagles more of a Duve replacement at this point.  Eagles needs to prove a lot before he's CJ or LJ territory.  

Edited by Mdhorn

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
52 minutes ago, satyanash said:
He's not just "a 2020 sour grape". He's the #1 recruit in the state of Texas and, arguably, the entire country. This kid is getting the same sort of hype Adrian Peterson was getting in HS.

So we miss out on him them win a national championship without him while he doesn't. Sounds like a plan.

that's called the adrian peterson. 

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
57 minutes ago, satyanash said:

So we miss out on him them win a national championship without him while he doesn't. Sounds like a plan.

OR..  this time we land him then win three national championships with him 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

With all respect to this year but cj had to 2 years to prove he could be CJ before he became CJ. Eagles has the tools 

they also didn't always throw to CJ regardless of his height.  It seemed like last year, the coaches were figuring out the offense.  There were games where if the run game was working, they'd switch to pass or vice versa.  

Edited by Mdhorn

4 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

No way in hell does CJ come back especially if he continues his roar

I can see it If he's projected as late 2nd-3rd round by the committee. He's a 1st round talent, only question was living up to it. 

Anther year of improved route running + blocking = 1st round. 

You guys need to tap the breaks on projecting pro potential. CJ is a physical mismatch, but still very raw as an actual WR. He’d be no higher than a 3rd round pick based on where he is at today. Kid is barely scratching the surface.

Now, doesn’t mean he couldn’t still declare as kids make bad decisions all the time. That said, he’s not even close to a slam dunk first rounder.

• Like 3