Texas recruiting notes 2019

1 hour ago, Longhorn94 said:

His parents, like most, want what is best for Garrett. But if they had their preference it would be for Garrett to play at Texas. They fully support him playing at OSU but closer is closer. I don't think it happens but Texas is at least giving itself a chance. It also doesn't hurt that Coach Stein brought Texas's offense to LT this season as the new OC. A lot of people have pointed out to Garrett that the success he is having in this offense with Card throwing to him could very well be replicated at the next level. My call: Wilson to OSU.

My call: fuck that guy. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

So we went from chasing N.Cain as more realistic longhorn to Sanders? Wonder what shifted in the recruitments that we flip flopped besides winning. I know in the beginning we had a better shot at Cain. Granted Sanders is better but just curious.

Haven't heard much about Cain, he headed to LSU?

Just from reading this board:

-Sanders supposedly has a gf in the Dallas area

-LSU is a lot better than expected and the top in-state RB that had been expected to go to LSU chose UGA, so LSU is wide open for Cain

Did I get that right?

7 more commits gets us to 25.  I'm going to go ahead and count Washington and the JUCO LB visiting this weekend to get to 20.  Let's plug in Catalon to make 21.  The other 4 spots have to go to OL/DL right?  Bru and Sanders will have a spot no matter what.  Can we take 27?

7 more commits gets us to 25.  I'm going to go ahead and count Washington and the JUCO LB visiting this weekend to get to 20.  Let's plug in Catalon to make 21.  The other 4 spots have to go to OL/DL right?  Bru and Sanders will have a spot no matter what.  Can we take 27?
Forgive me if I fuck this up, but arent you able to count early enrollees against a previous class? I forgot how that works.

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:
6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Forgive me if I fuck this up, but arent you able to count early enrollees against a previous class? I forgot how that works.

We had 9 EE's last year in the class of 27. If we counted all of them back then that means the class of 2018 was really 18. If the 2 GTs count as counters, not sure, then it was 20, meaning we can back count 5 from the 2019 class. That would put the ceiling at 30, with the floor currently being 23 (Chisholm is being counted as a RS).

• Like 2

We had 9 EE's last year in the class of 27. If we counted all of them back then that means the class of 2018 was really 18. If the 2 GTs count as counters, not sure, then it was 20, meaning we can back count 5 from the 2019 class. That would put the ceiling at 30, with the floor currently being 23 (Chisholm is being counted as a RS).
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much.

14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Are you counting Tuitele with Washington and the JUCO LB?

In the last few years of recruiting, has there been a player that was already committed to Texas who ended up providing a bunch of drama about de-committing, but ended up sticking and becoming a solid contributor? I’m sure there have been, but I’m struggling to remember any.

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

In the last few years of recruiting, has there been a player that was already committed to Texas who ended up providing a bunch of drama about de-committing, but ended up sticking and becoming a solid contributor? I’m sure there have been, but I’m struggling to remember any.

kris boyd had an a&m shirt on during signing day

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

if we can find a couple of cosmis/kertsetters i'd let that kid go. i know an oaf when i see one.

Wasnt deshon elliot going to flip to aggy at one point?

Do you consider John Burt to be a solid contributor? He certainly was his freshman year. Then he got the drops/yips.

Sam Ehlinger once wavered on his decision. It was 3rd grade and the girl of his dreams wore an A&M shirt to school. Sam had a moment of weakness, but chose to never speak to that girl again. Today, that girl competes with a herd of sheep for her man’s affection.

In all seriousness - didn’t Sam leave a meeting with Watson pissed because Watson called him into the football offices only to end up not offering him? There were a few people (and at least one of the 9.95) worried that Sam and his family were angry enough to look elsewhere.

Obviously that didn’t last long.

7 minutes ago, MexHorn said:
16 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Wasnt deshon elliot going to flip to aggy at one point?

Lol no. A&M didn't need a future Unanimous All-American, they had a converted backup LB in Pryor and a never-healthy backup LB in Dunning instead.

• Like 1

SIAP....

Who might be early enrollees in 2019 Recruiting Class??

Seems like the stud early enrollees are such difference makers for a program..... they usually only play 3 years anyway and  because of EE have a much better chance to be more productive all 3 years.  Sterns & BJ are examples of 2018 Classes EE's that have provided great production as Freshmen.

2018 Early Enrollees   

BJ Foster, Caden Sterns,  Anthony Cook,  Brennan Eagles,  Cameron Rising,  Casey Thompson,  Ayodele Adoye. Mike Grandy,  Ryan Bujcevski

Edited by LTtxfan

Per his Twitter, Peyton Powell is taking an official visit to Texas this weekend. 

Can somebody explain why we're wasting an official visit on this kid? He's certainly in the second to third tier WR category. Other schools are recruiting him at safety. Something is off here, I'm not sure Texas is all that interested. 

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

Per his Twitter, Peyton Powell is taking an official visit to Texas this weekend. 

Can somebody explain why we're wasting an official visit on this kid? He's certainly in the second to third tier WR category. Other schools are recruiting him at safety. Something is off here, I'm not sure Texas is all that interested. 

TFB had a story on it earlier, but I'm not able to post it, I'm not subscribed. If anyone could oblige?

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Are you sure we're recruiting him at WR?

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

TFB had a story on it earlier, but I'm not able to post it, I'm not subscribed. If anyone could oblige?

They talked to him and Texas told him they'd give him a shot at QB.

Sounds like the staff likes his athletic potential and is willing to let him figure out where he belongs when he gets to campus.

• Like 2