Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Got it. Yeah. Is there suspense with him in public? Last I heard, and I guess it has been a little while, but I thought he was Texas bound. 

1 minute ago, Tree Fidy said:

As long as there are $9.95ers, there will always be suspense.

Even the 9.95ers know better than to pretend that he's going anywhere but Texas.

1 hour ago, Butch Had Not said:

I know we need a center,  but 7 foot guys are rare on the football field.  One year with yancy will hopefully trim 8 inches and add 40lbs.

Maybe that will be the next offensive innovation? Send him to the corner of the end zone and just have him put his hands up. No need for even a fade route. Or he could become an ideal field goal blocker. 

5 hours ago, Scholz said:

As long as he doesn't grow his hair out.  Apparently that makes Westlake kids suck at sports.

I was stunned when UT offered Hager as a LB.  All he ever did at Westlake was run around the tackle and crash the QB and he wasn't big enough to be a college DL.   That Westlake team had two decent high school LBers, and he wasn't one of them.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, irishtexan said:

That doesn't make any sense. You're a "Junior" until you have a son and he becomes "the third" and then you get to be "the second." But not until then. I see you motherfuckers calling yourselves "the second" and you don't have a son and I'm on to you! You're a "Junior", junior!

So who the hell was Therston Howell the III?

2 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

So who the hell was Therston Howell the III?

Found this.....

"If your name is John Henry Doe and you name your son John Henry Doe, you then become Senior (Sr.) and your son Junior (Jr.), not the second (II). If your son John Henry Doe, Jr. names his son (your grandson) the same, his son then becomes 'the third"', i.e. John Henry Doe III. However, if you name your son Richard Henry or John Harold, anything but John Henry Doe, but he still names his son (your grandson) after you, your grandson then becomes John Henry Doe II. Likewise if your brother Edward Charles Doe names his son after you, that child (your nephew) would also be John Henry Doe II. A 'junior" always has the same name as his father whereas "the second" is not named for his father but does have the same name as an older relative (grandfather, uncle, cousin, etc.). The 'third" is the third descendant in a family with the same name in either direct or indirect line. In everyday practice, the Sr., Jr., III are often only used when all parties are living but genealogically it is important to maintain the correct title to prevent confusion. "

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Mack Brown's dream defensive backfield

DB - Robert Griffin III

FS - Johnny Manziel

SS - Trevone Boykin

DB - Marcus Mariota

Jameis Winston wasn't fast enough

Some of those guys might have been able to stay in the NFL if Mack had gotten his way.  Unlikely, but maybe.

1 hour ago, nozatx said:

I was stunned when UT offered Hager as a LB.  All he ever did at Westlake was run around the tackle and crash the QB and he wasn't big enough to be a college DL.   That Westlake team had two decent high school LBers, and he wasn't one of them.

To be fair to Hager, who is far from my favorite player, he's outperformed his ranking and outlasted a lot of higher rated players.

• Like 3

Might be a broken record with this question but who are some defensive “front 7” guys we have a shot with down the stretch? Last class had some foundation type players at DT, DE, and OLB. If we are going to have any shot at being elite defensively against these Big12 offenses we got to be superior up front. No disrespect to guys like Nelson and Hager, but those guys would be at Baylor and USF if it wasn’t for Charlie. They will forever have my respect for what they have given this team but we look pedestrian against teams with average O Lines, especially when their Tackles can stretch wide runs. We have to capitalize on the 2018 class up front.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Might be a broken record with this question but who are some defensive “front 7” guys we have a shot with down the stretch? Last class had some foundation type players at DT, DE, and OLB. If we are going to have any shot at being elite defensively against these Big12 offenses we got to be superior up front. No disrespect to guys like Nelson and Hager, but those guys would be at Baylor and USF if it wasn’t for Charlie. They will forever have my respect for what they have given this team but we look pedestrian against teams with average O Lines, especially when their Tackles can stretch wide runs. We have to capitalize on the 2018 class up front.

The only one that I can think of is Myron Warren out of Louisiana. However if and when LSU offers then that one might be over.

I doubt you will be that impressed with this years haul along the D-Line.

3 minutes ago, Luka Skywalker said:

The only one that I can think of is Myron Warren out of Louisiana. However if and when LSU offers then that one might be over.

I doubt you will be that impressed with this years haul along the D-Line.

People were panicking about the DL last year at this time too. Lets see how things look once the season's over, we know who the late risers are, and we can hopefully unleash BC again.

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

People were panicking about the DL last year at this time too. Lets see how things look once the season's over, we know who the late risers are, and we can hopefully unleash BC again.

Totally agree. Just saying there’s not many big names on the board right now. At least that I’m aware of.

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That's Surly's middle name.

Edited by UDontKnow