Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

13 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

2019 starting DE come on down. 

May not start, but he'd be an important piece that rotates in and gets significant PT.  Jones along Graham, Bimage, Ossai and Roach are 5 solid 4i's going into next season.  Maybe Ojomo as well unless he moves to NG.  Plus Jones is an EE which will benefit a lot.

6 hours ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Omg.  The kids were having fun!  Sound the alarms. 

The lower west side is the biggest collection of shit fans I've been around. Olds need to find a new hobby.  

Fuck all y'all unless you want to pony up and replace my 6-year old Jitterbug with one that has a flashlight.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

2019 starting DE come on down. 

He is a 3-2 guy, so a RS could happen.

The DL next year will include

Chisholm (SR)

Giles (SR)

Wilbon (SR)

Roach (SR)

Graham (JR)

Bimage (JR)

Coburn (FR*)

Ojomo (FR*)

Williams (FR*)

Carson (FR*)

Edited by HtownHorn

18 minutes ago, SLChorn said:

Do we see Byron Vaughns staying at linebacker or potentially spinning down? He showed the ability to put on good weight in a hurry, as he was already up to 233 lbs as of July, so I think it will come down to his ability to cover in space.

He ran track right? If he can keep most of that speed and add a bit more weight that seems like a good fit at Mac. I think he's projected to B-backer though. Someone more informed than me might be able to explain why

10 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

He ran track right? If he can keep most of that speed and add a bit more weight that seems like a good fit at Mac. I think he's projected to B-backer though. Someone more informed than me might be able to explain why

Yup. It looks like he ran a 50.26 400 meter in 2017 and a 50.95 in 2018.

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/SchoolRecords.aspx?SchoolID=4899

6 hours ago, George Clooney said:

Their DL coach, Ikaika Malloe, is one of the best DL recruiters in the nation. It'd be nice to have him on our staff. He coached with Orlando at Utah State, but I'm sure he's comfortable at UW (he's an alumnus).

Do you think they're close enough for Orlando to borrow some ties?

Edited by KYHorn
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Giving LSU every chance. If they offer at any time, he’s theirs. 

Sucks for us but I kind of understand it. Look at how many Texas kids are just waiting for that Texas offer and willing to jump on it if they get it. 

Warren has a nice offer list and has enough places willing to either wait for him or open a spot for him if LSU doesn't offer and Texas moves on. 

10 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

He is a 3-2 guy, so a RS could happen.

The DL next year will include

Spoiler

Chisholm (SR)

Giles (SR)

Wilbon (SR)

Roach (SR)

Graham (JR)

Bimage (JR)

Coburn (FR*)

Ojomo (FR*)

Williams (FR*)

Carson (FR*)

Here is the IT roster table version of this:

FnkCrJ.png
XBaeYv.png

looks like Chisolm, Coburn, Ojomo, Carson, Williams all will RS this year...

• Like 2

SIAP

IT quotes on Myron Warren 

Spoiler

“Man, they really want me to be a part of their family.” - Myron Warren

/

Wells: Signing in February. He’s giving Coach O as much time as possible to do the right thing (he’s talented, y’all) and offer. For Texas fans, hope LSU doesn’t.

/

q: Is he a “play right away” type or a “stash and develop” type ?

Nahlin: He’ll probably RS. It’s a pretty deep position. Big upside though.

/

q: How does Myron Warren compare with Leal?

Wells: Not as big or strong, but maybe as good a raw athlete, and more coordinated. Warren has a 4i frame, just needs Yancy and a Hand.

Speaking of defensive linemen, I’m hearing Butler C.C. DL Jacoby Jones’ official went really well. At 6-foot-4, 250ish, the consensus is that he’ll be needed to help next fall. He’s a 3-for-2, but don’t expect a redshirt.

I also like Jacoby, FWIW.

/

q: So if we get Jones do you still pursue Warren knowing you're playing with house money, or let Orgeron pull the rug out from another school?

Wells: They want/will take both.

Edited by NoName
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NoName said:

SIAP

IT quotes on Myron Warren 

Hide contents

“Man, they really want me to be a part of their family.” - Myron Warren

/

Wells: Signing in February. He’s giving Coach O as much time as possible to do the right thing (he’s talented, y’all) and offer. For Texas fans, hope LSU doesn’t.

/

q: Is he a “play right away” type or a “stash and develop” type ?

Nahlin: He’ll probably RS. It’s a pretty deep position. Big upside though.

/

q: How does Myron Warren compare with Leal?

Wells: Not as big or strong, but maybe as good a raw athlete, and more coordinated. Warren has a 4i frame, just needs Yancy and a Hand.

Speaking of defensive linemen, I’m hearing Butler C.C. DL Jacoby Jones’ official went really well. At 6-foot-4, 250ish, the consensus is that he’ll be needed to help next fall. He’s a 3-for-2, but don’t expect a redshirt.

I also like Jacoby, FWIW.

/

q: So if we get Jones do you still pursue Warren knowing you're playing with house money, or let Orgeron pull the rug out from another school?

Wells: They want/will take both.

Man,  February signees like him will blow up even more. If moro was any indication last year,  the sharks are going to be out after him and we'll have to get BC out on the road if we shed any coaches. 

Meh.  If he's actually committing in early December, there's a decent chance he could be convinced to shut it down early.  There were some guys last year who made similar decisions as NSD1 approached (including some that we tried to get in on last minute, if I remember correctly--maybe a WR or DB that signed with Baylor, and an OL that signed with K-State?).

2 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Meh.  If he's actually committing in early December, there's a decent chance he could be convinced to shut it down early.  There were some guys last year who made similar decisions as NSD1 approached (including some that we tried to get in on last minute, if I remember correctly--maybe a WR or DB that signed with Baylor, and an OL that signed with K-State?).

That's a good point,  wasn't sure when he was committing just that he was signing in February. 

16 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I know Bralen Taylor, TE/WR teammate of Whittington in Cuero committed to Baylor during the '17 summer and signed with them on NSD1. He would have flipped to Texas in two seconds had they offered. But when it didn't come by NSD1, that was what he needed to know and he went through with Baylor. 

Warren appears to be the same way with LSU (sans a verbal elsewhere). He'll wait until NSD1, and if LSU doesn't come by then he'll be in Texas with the ink. 

Edited by UncleBuck