Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

EJ after dark: Grad transfer update; OL notes

— Keep an eye on UCLA offensive line grad transfer Justin Murphy. He was recently granted a sixth year of eligibility and is firmly on the radar. Murphy actually started his career at Texas Tech and is originally from Belton. With UT’s need for an immediate impact offensive lineman and his Texas ties, this one makes a lot of sense.

— Four-star Fort Bend Dulles offensive lineman Isaiah Hookfin is set to make his decision tomorrow morning. From everything we have been able to gather, Texas has moved into the pole position. Both Herb Hand and Bryan Carrington did a tremendous job recruiting him over the last 48 hours. Minnesota and Illinois remain in the mix. Baylor has also tried to make another push.

— Texas offered JUCO offensive lineman Bamidele Olaseni a couple of months ago, and it looks like his recruiting process is starting to roll. Olaseni made his first official visit to Utah in October and recently used his second on Auburn. Olaseni will use his remaining three OVs in January. He is one to monitor in the late period.

— A high school offensive lineman to keep a close eye on is three-star Shadow Creek product Cam’Ron Johnson. He is listed as a tackle but could also be an intriguing interior take. Johnson was committed to Colorado but backed out of his verbal pledge last month. He could turn into a hot commodity in the late period.

Just now, ausjala said:

From the FWIW department though not sure it is accurate, but ESPN class rankings have us at #9 with 22 recruits, and has had this for two days now. Is it possible that Bru did actually send in his LOI to us? Herman's presser had us with only 21.

21 signees. 22 commits. Javonne Shephard did not sign but is committed. 

6 hours ago, OU Still Sucks said:

January 5th is my birthday so we're definitely getting Bru. 

January 5th is one day from the 12th anniversary of our win over USC. Five is also Bru McCoy’s number.  Sam Ehlinger’s number is 11, which is, coincidentally, one away from 12. Matt Leinart’s number at USC was also 11, and Reggie Bush’s was also 5, but they couldn’t beat Texas.

We got this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are not getting Bru, if we were, the 9.95rs would be tripping over their dicks to let everyone know with a wink wink, coffee emoji, good vibes tweet/post. See: every other Texas commit 

I won’t disagree with the underlying point, but you realize USC has 9.95rs also, right? They would be doing the same thing. As big of a catch he would be for us, he’d be even bigger for their class.

3 hours ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

In the replies, Baylor is talking about "values" and one guy says "You’re assuming they have a conscious. I’m not so sure."

Classic from Baylor. Ignoring that he or she forgot to add whatever was conscious thing that was being discussed.

It certainly wasn’t a conscious date that Baylor fan was talking about. 

• Like 1

How Texas negative recruited Hookfin:

Coach Hand: so Baylor said you'd start your first year huh?

Hookfin: yeah coach. 

Hand: well let me show you something. Here is a list of every Olineman who started a game in the big 12 this year. 

And here are all their measurables. Notice anything? 

Hookfin: well, they all outweigh me by 30 by 40 pounds. And it looks like they are all stronger and faster than me. 

Hand: and Baylor said youd start? 

Hookfin: uuuuh.  

Negative recruiting Texas style. 

23 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

How Texas negative recruited Hookfin:

Coach Hand: so Baylor said you'd start your first year huh?

Hookfin: yeah coach. 

Hand: well let me show you something. Here is a list of every Olineman who started a game in the big 12 this year. 

And here are all their measurables. Notice anything? 

Hookfin: well, they all outweigh me by 30 by 40 pounds. And it looks like they are all stronger and faster than me. 

Hand: and Baylor said youd start? 

Hookfin: uuuuh.  

Negative recruiting Texas style. 

I’ll one up you....

Texas: Do you think rape is bad?

Hookfin: Yeah.

Texas: Well, Baylor doesn’t.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Colt Barber started a hashtag of "P2W" and a bunch of baylor folks are tweeting it. 

I'm pretty sure its meaning is "pay to win". 

I think they are now accusing Texas of paying Hookin. So we've gone from "lying", to "deceiving", to "they are cheating". 

of all the players recruited by Texas in the c/o 2019 - why would Texas pick a developmental OT to pay, pay him THE SAME DAY he is set to sign his LOI and then give him another couple of days to wait to sign said LOI?  

Edited by NoName
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fug said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hook&#39;em <a href="https://t.co/oIG7OdIZGI">pic.twitter.com/oIG7OdIZGI</a></p>&mdash; Coach Jackson (@CoachJackDHS) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachJackDHS/status/1076101685808975874?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 21, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FTFY - Hookfin to Texas

Edited by NoName

17 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Nuts that Texas is in battle with Baylor anyway. 

Weren’t we in a battle with them for Charlie Brewer? And weren’t  his father and grandfather QBs for UT back in the day?   At least isn’yt That what the announcers for the Baylor/UT broadcast saying every 5 minutes?

Just now, AustinMT said:

Weren’t we in a battle with them for Charlie Brewer? And weren’t  his father and grandfather QBs for UT back in the day?   At least isn’yt That what the announcers for the Baylor/UT broadcast saying every 5 minutes?

Uh, I'm pretty sure those announcers said once or ten times that we didn't off Charlie.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

I won’t disagree with the underlying point, but you realize USC has 9.95rs also, right? They would be doing the same thing. As big of a catch he would be for us, he’d be even bigger for their class.

Bru is going to USC. It was worth the shot but it’s over.