Texas recruiting notes 2019

7 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Beautiful. This is just getting nitpicky at this point and I'm sorry for wasting your time on this but would it be possible to get that guy's sshhhh finger out in front of the crying Jordan face? If not, that's totally cool because this is beautiful.

brujordan2_zps5zgelsqw.jpg

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Richter said:

They don't want to spoil the kid's moment.

I think it's less spoil the moment (he already had that announcing the first time) and more don't fan the flames of speculation while he and his family finalize their decision or work through some of the logistics of a potential transfer.  

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

There are a lot of gorgeous women in the world. I think I never tire of Kate because she usually looks so happy. It fits with her being our mascot for good things to come. It would be such a pleasure to be the man making her smile like that. Perhaps I am too much of a romantic, but there it is. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, TexasEx said:

I think it's less spoil the moment (he already had that announcing the first time) and more don't fan the flames of speculation while he and his family finalize their decision or work through some of the logistics of a potential transfer.  

Check the old sarcasm meter. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

If it is that way it’s because they don’t know shit. These guys are paid to sell subscriptions not cover football or make friends with high school kids, that is their job, you can’t do that by keeping clamped up on breaking news.

That's my point, normally I would expect a bunch of "We have the latest", "Bru Update", "What we are hearing".... rinse repeat pay wall make up a fact / stories etc... instead guys that will look for anything that might get them clicks, subscriptions of followers are just sitting quietly

19 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Is it just me of have the Texas 9.95ers stayed very quiet through this? Outside of the initial TFB and EJ rumors/leaks its as if they have been told to shut the fuck up and somehow are actually abiding...

EJ spilled the beans yesterday with his attempt to by cute.  What the fuck is there left to do after that point?  It's out there.

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

That's my point, normally I would expect a bunch of "We have the latest", "Bru Update", "What we are hearing".... rinse repeat pay wall make up a fact / stories etc... instead guys that will look for anything that might get them clicks, subscriptions of followers are just sitting quietly

Just now, deech said:

EJ spilled the beans yesterday with his attempt to by cute.  What the fuck is there left to do after that point?  It's out there.

Ever heard of the fable of the nightingale and the bat?

As a nightingale was singing in a cage at a window, up comes a bat to her, and asks her why she did not sing in the day, as well as in the night. Why (says the nightingale) I was catch’d singing in the day, and so I took it for a warning. You should have thought of this then, says t’other, before you were taken; for as the case stands now, y’are in no danger to be snapt singing again.

tl;dr: EJ fucked up, so now everyone's clamming up so they don't fuck it up worse. But the truth is already out there, so it's kinda silly at this point, unless the McCoy family has asked them to "Please, pretty please, shut the fuck up." As one does.

Starting to think if anything does happen it isn't going to be today.  If the meeting was yesterday, they have 48 hours to put him in the Portal.  It seems the most likely scenario is for USC to use up that entire clock in order to try to convince him to stay and/or make some headway on the OC hire hoping that will give him second thoughts.  If Bru would have tried to leverage his silence on reasons for transferring for a quicker process, it seems this would be done by now.

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Starting to think if anything does happen it isn't going to be today.  If the meeting was yesterday, they have 48 hours to put him in the Portal.  It seems the most likely scenario is for USC to use up that entire clock in order to try to convince him to stay and/or make some headway on the OC hire hoping that will give him second thoughts.  If Bru would have tried to leverage his silence on reasons for transferring for a quicker process, it seems this would be done by now.

So no Bru today???

How do I live without Bru? I want to know...

How do I breathe without Bru...?

• Like 1