Texas recruiting notes 2019

I guess I should be clear:  I'm not posting stuff that I'm contending is "legit."  I'm posting tweets/reports that I'm seeing come across.  If y'all want me not to do that, let me know, and I'll drop it.  Was just trying to post the "latest" info I saw, which links to who was doing the reporting.  That way, we can all decide whether stuff is legit or not.

2 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Trenton Daeschner

@TrentDaeschner

Texas Longhorns blogger for @dallasnews/@SportsDayDFW | http://www.golfaustin.org  intern | Former Sports Editor of @thedailytexan | UT19 | Lover of golf and U2

Austin, TX
Joined July 2013

OMG the fact this cunt nugget referenced Swanson is so goddamn delicious. Fucking no fact checking moron. Maybe he posts over here as zTejas, except I'm not sure zTejas is employed. 

The more this shit steamrolls as having been confirmed, the less likely I think this happens. But Swanson is having himself a hell of a day. His troll fucking paying off in spades for his traffic. 

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Trenton Daeschner

@TrentDaeschner

Texas Longhorns blogger for @dallasnews/@SportsDayDFW | http://www.golfaustin.org  intern | Former Sports Editor of @thedailytexan | UT19 | Lover of golf and U2

Austin, TX
Joined July 2013

That's a bad look on the DMN's part. Maybe they shouldn't have laid off all those writers a couple weeks back.

• Like 1

Just now, Katfid54 said:

I guess I should be clear:  I'm not posting stuff that I'm contending is "legit."  I'm posting tweets/reports that I'm seeing come across.  If y'all want me not to do that, let me know, and I'll drop it.  Was just trying to post the "latest" info I saw, which links to who was doing the reporting.  That way, we can all decide whether stuff is legit or not.

Got no problem with that, just answering the question about Nystrom's tweet.

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Disagree with that statement.  If Bru decided today what to do, and instructed USC to put him in the portal, it might not show up until Saturday. If Bru put his name in the portal yesterday (which I assume information would have leaked out in a much, much more definitive manner if for no other reason than for the McCoy's to stop getting phone calls and texts) then it might not show up until tomorrow. This shit could drag into next fucking week one way or the other, and no one is going to have any clue until he actually pops into the fucking portal or the McCoy's make a statement. 

Isn't it "2 business days"?

That would mean Monday, no?

Also: If he didn't sign, but just enrolled, then dropping out and heading to another school shouldn't require any NCAA "transfer" stuff, because he never practiced, he just dropped classes and started classes at a school when their classes started... but I digress.

• Like 1

Just now, Sgt. Slaughter said:

Sometime, in the near future, Surly will be cited as a source on a breaking news story by one of these clowns.

The recruiting world has always been a mess. An Athlon season preview for a team once referenced the Huckleberry Texas Top 75 when discussing a school's incoming class. That was a page I posted on HornFans that was just a composite of other rankings.

Still waiting for my royalty checks from 247 for the composite idea.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

Sometime, in the near future, Surly will be cited as a source on a breaking news story by one of these clowns.

Bru McCoy on way to Texas (Errybody)— SaucyJack247

I love these quotes from DMN, based solely on Swanson:

"With McCoy joining the Longhorns, he's adding his name to an already impressive recruiting class that's currently ranked No. 5 nationally, per 247 Sports. Texas has now signed the nation's top-two athletes of the 2019 cycle in McCoy and Cuero's Jordan Whittington, who's rated No. 2. "

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

That's a bad look on the DMN's part. Maybe they shouldn't have laid off all those writers a couple weeks back.

In fairness (ducks)....the dude is a "Longhorn Blogger" for the DMN and he casts the whole thing as a "report" and "according to Swanson"...........so technically, he's correct.   Doesn't make it "journalism"....but at least its arguably valid "blogalism"

Edited by MirrOlure