Texas recruiting notes 2019

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Are we going to have to become enemies?

Lulz. I must say, I picked a great time to return to Surly. The last few days have been peak surly/shaggy recruiting thread. Feels like we finally broke in the Recruiting board on the new site.

Edited by Burt Macklin

Anyone still want to debate whether a 9.95er's bullshit can influence outcomes of these things? If that Rivals guy report is true and the USC team has descended on Bru's dorm room and trying to talk him out of leaving...how well do you think that would go for us? As opposed to him quietly putting his name in the portal and being done with things?

• Like 3

Just now, Katfid54 said:

https://twitter.com/SHSBulldog00/status/1088549937045032970

Ron Hatfield

@SHSBulldog00

Founder/Owner of West Brazos Sports - Former Recruiter, Former TXHS Football/Baseball coach. Houston Area HS Insider

This guy just rewrote the Swanson tweet (I know, this is obvious, but I now feel obligated to destroy every link that Katfid54 posts. IT'S MY JOB DAMMIT!).

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

This post in Portuguese really shows how close the language is to Spanish, because I could actually read the thing and understand what it was saying.

Two languages separated by a common language.

• Like 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Anyone still want to debate whether a 9.95er's bullshit can influence outcomes of these things? If that Rivals guy report is true and the USC team has descended on Bru's dorm room and trying to talk him out of leaving...how well do you think that would go for us? As opposed to him quietly putting his name in the portal and being done with things?

You're not wrong.  But whatever prompted the McCoys to consider the transfer portal is still there, and it's festering. 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

To be fair though, didn't some USC player tweet something out today about making yourself happy and not choosing a school for anyone else, even your parents?

Just now, Huckleberry said:

To be fair though, didn't some USC player tweet something out today about making yourself happy and not choosing a school for anyone else, even your parents?

Yeah, he's either a player or a recruit, I didn't see which. But at the same time, do you think that's the majority of teammates? What if only 15 guys corner him instead of 50? Is it even arguable that the road would be easier without all this? 

1 minute ago, UTEX90 said:

Can you all stop posting for a few hours?  I have a meeting until 8:00 p.m. tonight and I don't want to miss anything.  Thanks.

Even when I dream of Bru, the sweetest dream will never do.

Cause I miss you, baby, and I don't wanna miss a thing.

1 minute ago, UTEX90 said:

Can you all stop posting for a few hours?  I have a meeting until 8:00 p.m. tonight and I don't want to miss anything.  Thanks.

If you missed the past 24 hours...you wouldn’t have missed anything. 

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

This post in Portuguese really shows how close the language is to Spanish, because I could actually read the thing and understand what it was saying.

Two languages separated by a common language.

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

I think you mean French, Napoleon.

Well... I did take French 1 four times, so...

I don''t mean to brag, but yes, my knowledge of the first few weeks of French did help with my comprehension.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Probably no effect on the outcome.  I can't imagine him putting his name in the portal with the AD's office and the coaching staff not being notified of the fact.

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:
6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This guy just rewrote the Swanson tweet (I know, this is obvious, but I now feel obligated to destroy every link that Katfid54 posts. IT'S MY JOB DAMMIT!).

Debra From Facebok

@DebraFacebook

Joined August 2014

Good luck finding any nits to pick with that one.

Edited by Katfid54

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, he's either a player or a recruit, I didn't see which. But at the same time, do you think that's the majority of teammates? What if only 15 guys corner him instead of 50? Is it even arguable that the road would be easier without all this? 

I agree with the premise, but if/when he notified the school he wanted to be placed in the portal, this was all going to happen regardless of what EJ's dumbass did. It's not like the coaches would have just said 'oh well'.  They would have immediately rallied the team leaders.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

post-32842-ron-swanson-yep-gif-yes-yup-f

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

awesome.  so ej or tfb leaking this shit yesterday set a bunch of shit in motion that may end up torpedoing this deal?

2 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Probably no effect on the outcome.  I can't imagine him putting his name in the portal with the AD's office and the coaching staff not being notified of the fact.

Pretty sure there are rules in place that prevent them from intervening once a player has decided to put his name in the portal. So, you'd be wrong. Sure, they'd be notified once he put his name in, because there are actions that are triggered from that. However, that's not even remotely the same thing as making it extremely challenging to input his name in the portal in the first place. And on top of that, if he WERE in the portal, then Texas could talk to him. If he's not in the portal, we cannot. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Step away?  Why?  You got a job or something?

I am attempting to get away for the weekend with the wife and some friends and the amount of attention it takes to keep up with this thread it making that difficult. 

Also your mom is getting jealous of the attention I am paying to my phone.