Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

If McCoy does leave, he will be quite a force given he already looks dominant and he will HAVE to take a redshirt year at his chosen school. A year to advance himself physically, even more so than he already is.

Dang.

Edited by pacman
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, pacman said:

If McCoy does leave, he will be quite a force given he already looks dominant and he will HAVE to take a redshirt year at his chosen school. A year to advance himself physically, even more so than he already is.

Dang.

Yea I don't think that's going to happen

On 1/5/2019 at 3:32 PM, TrojanPrincess said:

Bru committed to USC on his official visit, but he did love Texas.  Contrary to what that closing guy was saying, the players and recruits love Clay Helton....while some of your Texas players were not too complimentary about yours, just didn’t want to say that till confirmed by several sources.

Hook ‘Em!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:
  On 1/5/2019 at 3:32 PM, TrojanPrincess said:

Bru committed to USC on his official visit, but he did love Texas.  Contrary to what that closing guy was saying, the players and recruits love Clay Helton....while some of your Texas players were not too complimentary about yours, just didn’t want to say that till confirmed by several sources.

Hook ‘Em!

cLOSING tIME ONCE LAST CALL FOR ALCOHOL, SO FINISH YOUR WHISKEY OR BRU.

i kNOW who I wanT TO TAKE ME Home!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Thanks.  I'm familiar with the basic process.  The issue is that @SydneyCartonseems to be implying that the current school is restricted in some way from trying to talk the player out of transferring.  I did a search before even asking the question and the only limitations I can find are on other schools' coaches contacting the player before his name is officially in the portal.  There is virtually nothing about the current school.

I'm sure you know this, but it can be a one-way street or a two-way street.

If the player wants to put his name in the portal, he can do it any time he wants, with or without anyone else's permission or notification.

However, the default position is that, from the moment his name is in the portal, he's essentially off the team. His financial aid will continue through the current semester, but won't renew for the next one. He can't have any contact with the team or use the specific facilities like a player. In addition, the current coaches can no longer contact him.

That's the default position, because with agreement, the player and the coach can waive any or all of these stipulations. Texas did that with each player they placed in the portal. The prospective transfers were allowed to continue with the team, and the players allow the coaches to still work with them. When this happens, the only real world change is that other teams can now have their recruiters contact the player.

• Like 3