Texas recruiting notes 2019

Siap.....  

Bru still has time to enroll at Texas for Spring 2019....

January 22

Tuesday Classes begin.

January 25

Friday Fourth class day; Last day of the official add/drop period; after this date, changes in registration may require the approval of the department chair and usually the student’s dean. 

Last day undergraduate students may register and pay tuition without the approval of the registrar. (See General Information, Academic Policies and Procedures, for details.)

https://registrar.utexas.edu/

4 minutes ago, justinjc7 said:

Maybe (but probably not) this will finally put an end to all the "dude give it a rest, he's not coming here" stuff I see on here all the time.  College football is weird as shit, even when a guy signs his LOI, it still ain't over.

Eh, this was a hella nice surprise, but I don't want to get worked up when 99/100 he doesn't come here

Edited by Bodacious Bevo

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Is Bru the highest ranked OOS recruit we’ve signed?  Can’t remember the last 5 star we signed that was in the top 10 nationally.  I know Jordan hicks was a 5 star but I don’t know if he was in the top 10.

#1) We haven't (and won't) "sign" him, as has been made abundantly clear to me.

#2) Jordan Hicks was a .9962 in the composite.  Bru is a .9944.

Edited to add Jordan Hicks was #7 overall.

Edited by Katfid54

3 minutes ago, justinjc7 said:

Maybe (but probably not) this will finally put an end to all the "dude give it a rest, he's not coming here" stuff I see on here all the time.  College football is weird as shit, even when a guy signs his LOI, it still ain't over.

Uh, no. Should we start a list of the 99.9% of recruits that don’t transfer 2 weeks after signing?

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Haha, some of those fucks really think the Selvin Young TD in the first half decided the game. Everyone knows that if Vince was called down he wouldn’t waltzed in the end zone the next play.

It would’ve also taken longer and probably cost them that FG before halftime. That argument that Vince was down was always regarded.

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Is Bru the highest ranked OOS recruit we’ve signed?  Can’t remember the last 5 star we signed that was in the top 10 nationally.  I know Jordan hicks was a 5 star but I don’t know if he was in the top 

Chris Simms says hello

Haha, some of those fucks really think the Selvin Young TD in the first half decided the game. Everyone knows that if Vince was called down he wouldn’t waltzed in the end zone the next play.
Not to mention they might not have even been in the game without the Bush Push that was illegal at the time.

6 minutes ago, justinjc7 said:

early enrolling, two separate signing days, transfer portal = more fluid situations.

So... Chris Swanson seeming like a legit source at this point. He called an SC decommit 7-8 days ago and then drops this bomb today without backing down from it or deleting it. 

Everyone thought it was fake, shit, I thought it was fake after posting it and felt like a dumbass, reddit cfb removed it, but it seems like he basically nailed it with the blurb he wrote.

What a weird time to be a college football fan. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

So... Chris Swanson seeming like a legit source at this point. He called an SC decommit 7-8 days ago and then drops this bomb today without backing down from it or deleting it. 

Everyone thought it was fake, shit, I thought it was fake after posting it and felt like a dumbass, reddit cfb removed it, but it seems like he basically nailed it with the blurb he wrote.

What a weird time to be a college football fan. 

This type of logic is how guys like TFloss have a podium to speak on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Not a cat said:

Ricky was top 100 nationally but only the second best rb out of California behind Sirr Parker.  Aggy laughed at how they got the better end of that deal at the time. 

parker was the higher ranked player.  that’s a head to head recruiting win for aggy.  

11 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

This type of logic is how guys like TFloss have a podium to speak on.

Chris Broussard has a platform to speak on but he's a fucking idiot who never calls anything correctly. 

My point is I think it's almost impossible to distinguish what is credible or not these days. You can paint black stripes on a horse, that doesn't make it a zebra. 

1 minute ago, futureman said:

parker was the higher ranked player.  that’s a head to head recruiting win for aggy.  

was Parker the guy who all of the Big 12 assistant coaches, who really understood football but didn't want their names in print, were secretly saying as one voice was a better back than Ricky? or was that some other aggy running back that never did shit in college and was never heard from again? 

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

E.J. Holland: Intel on Bru McCoy's decision timeline, eligibility

USC early enrollee Bru McCoy is officially in the transfer, and Texas appears to have the inside track to land him. So what’s next? We fully believe the five-star athlete out of Mater Dei (Calif.) will follow through with transfer and not return to USC. In fact, we expect McCoy to be on campus this weekend. If he does make the trip to Austin, it actually won’t be an official visit. At that point, we would expect him to move in and enroll.

Friday actually marks the last day of the add/drop period at the University of Texas. Feb. 6 is the absolute last day an undergraduate student may add a class. We have not heard of any other contenders for McCoy. Again, we have reason to believe that Texas will be his destination. With McCoy potentially moving in during the next couple of days, we would expect an official announcement from McCoy or Texas soon.

As a straight transfer, McCoy will have to sit out a year — he attended classes at USC and was considered a student athlete there. We expect the McCoy family to petition the NCAA to become immediately eligible. At 6-foot-2, 205 pounds, McCoy is ranked as the No. 1 athlete and No. 9 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

E.J. Holland: Intel on Bru McCoy's decision timeline, eligibility

Hide contents

USC early enrollee Bru McCoy is officially in the transfer, and Texas appears to have the inside track to land him. So what’s next? We fully believe the five-star athlete out of Mater Dei (Calif.) will follow through with transfer and not return to USC. In fact, we expect McCoy to be on campus this weekend. If he does make the trip to Austin, it actually won’t be an official visit. At that point, we would expect him to move in and enroll.

Friday actually marks the last day of the add/drop period at the University of Texas. Feb. 6 is the absolute last day an undergraduate student may add a class. We have not heard of any other contenders for McCoy. Again, we have reason to believe that Texas will be his destination. With McCoy potentially moving in during the next couple of days, we would expect an official announcement from McCoy or Texas soon.

As a straight transfer, McCoy will have to sit out a year — he attended classes at USC and was considered a student athlete there. We expect the McCoy family to petition the NCAA to become immediately eligible. At 6-foot-2, 205 pounds, McCoy is ranked as the No. 1 athlete and No. 9 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite.

24632887.gif

• Like 3