Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

#3 in the class rankings is our ceiling. UGA will spend enough money to stay in the top 2, and Bama won't be outdone. 

I'm agnostic on Shepherd. Think of it this way. Shepherd won't be ready to play until 2022. Tommy Brockermeyer will be a redshirt freshman in 2022. Who's starting at LT? The flake with bad weight or the focused, all business player with NFL bloodlines? 

lol. Look, I've been preparing for the staff/us/whatever to get flipped on and dumped by this kid, but part of that preparation isn't telling myself it'll take four years for him to get ready. So no, I am not going to think of it that way.

Kid needs a year with Yancy and he can be freaking silly good. Or hell maybe his attitude and work ethic sucks and he flames out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

Lol. If you know Wescott, you'd know never to bring up politics around him.

I didn’t, but he’s on my radar for his longhorn takes, not his political takes.  But the more I think about it the more I think it was about him always being a Debbie downer.  Granted this was the Charlie Strong era, so maybe he was right.

47 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

#3 in the class rankings is our ceiling. UGA will spend enough money to stay in the top 2, and Bama won't be outdone. 

I'm agnostic on Shepherd. Think of it this way. Shepherd won't be ready to play until 2022. Tommy Brockermeyer will be a redshirt freshman in 2022. Who's starting at LT? The flake with bad weight or the focused, all business player with NFL bloodlines? 

Jones, Moore, George, Lindberg, or Garth.

48 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

If Shepherd isn’t on the field before 2022, he’s probably already transferred somewhere else.

If he is on the field in 2022, he’ll probably be cutting the grass as a member of the grounds crew. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@TrojanPrincess

On the downfall of the one thing USC still had going for it:

https://reignoftroy.com/2018/11/19/usc-trojans-holiday-gift-guide/

I actually like USC and TrojanPrincess, so this was a depressing read.  Somebody needs to get in there and clean up the mess that Swann and Helton have created.

8 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

@TrojanPrincess

On the downfall of the one thing USC still had going for it:

https://reignoftroy.com/2018/11/19/usc-trojans-holiday-gift-guide/

I actually like USC and TrojanPrincess, so this was a depressing read.  Somebody needs to get in there and clean up the mess that Swann and Helton have created.

Correct....but, their women are something to behold.

32 minutes ago, Richter said:

I want to hear the details on what all went wrong at USC in the week or so Bru was there.  It sounds epic.

Unfortunately, I don't think it was that epic. It seems he was pressured into making a decision he had reservations about, aided by the promise of a young-gun OC, and when that OC left for the NFL I think Bru took a moment to get honest with himself and ignore the noise and decide to play where he wanted to in the first place. 

It appears he had a lot of 2019 UT commits in his ear that he wanted to play with, but because Mater Dei and JT and all of that shit he felt some duty to commit to SC. I'm not sure he ever really wanted to play there. Just look at Helton's failure to sign any of Bru's teammates (that were snatched up by Oregon, UCLA, Utah and the like) and it points to an obvious dysfunction of the SC staff to keep SoCal kids in LA. 

Every SC fan I know expressed concern at the amount of MD kids SC was letting slide through the door in 2019 and it stank of something bigger.

@closetojumping wasn't wrong at all when he said the departure of KK dumped gasoline on a fire that may have led to the decommit, but Bru was clearly torn from the beginning and I think once arriving and once KK departed he realized his mistake. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Our WR haul this year will include the MaxPreps Player of the Year, the Gatorade Player of the Year, the MVP of the UA Game, a 5star who scored 6 TDs in the state championship game, and a fifth dude who apparently has the balls to compete with all of them.

Not too shabby.

Meh

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Our WR haul this year will include the MaxPreps Player of the Year, the Gatorade Player of the Year, the MVP of the UA Game, a 5star who scored 6 TDs in the state championship game, and a fifth dude who apparently has the balls to compete with all of them.

Not too shabby.

But one of them might not count in the recruiting rankings! Oh nos!

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not too shabby.

1 minute ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

Meh

That's Coach Meh who brought them in!