Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

39 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

I think he blocked me on his personal twitter for me telling him to quit with the politics and get back to covering the Longhorns.  Or maybe it’s because I said he was a fretting negative ninny.  Blocked there.  I much later  commented to some random twitter follower that posted something from Wescoit that he’d Blocked me because he’s a thin skinned bitch.  Block by BON

Lol. If you know Wescott, you'd know never to bring up politics around him.

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m impressed that sc fans are keeping their tampering accusations on their own boards and not registering here to spew their frustrations on us. 

Considering that it was probably fellow CA high school senior/Early Enrollee De'Gabriel Floyd constantly sending him messages to...

< < < G E T . . . O U T > > >

...there's not really anything that can be done.

The coaches wouldn't have done anything, but his friends could suggest that he move to Oranger Pastures.

Edited by Napoleon

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m impressed that sc fans are keeping their tampering accusations on their own boards and not registering here to spew their frustrations on us. 

It's kind of sad to see, but I think they're where most of us were at the end of Charlie.

They see that not only their coach but their entire ad is a shit show and don't need to believe that shenanigans were at play for a recruit to run away.

They're right, too. 

Just now, Digdogger said:

Looks like a real smart player, probably a real gym rat, bring his lunch in a lunch pale kind of player.  

He definitely wrapped up with form tackles on every tackle in the first 3 minutes, save for when he took out the blocker and then made the tackle with a trip that wasn't called.

Probably as good as having a coach on the field.

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

He definitely wrapped up with form tackles on every tackle in the first 3 minutes, save for when he took out the blocker and then made the tackle with a trip that wasn't called.

Probably as good as having a coach on the field.

More like a coach on the practice squad. But still depth is good.

Things have absolutely snowballed for us since Washington stuck in the runup to NSD1. Herman is just killing it on the field and off.

On a largely unrelated note, I had a theory regarding why Herman would keep a guy like DW on staff. Our talent evals have looked generally like nails— maybe he is a big part of that brain trust that TH doesn’t want to piss off. Or maybe Tom is afraid of the ‘goodbye deuce.’ I don’t know.

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Wow...I’m not sure if that’s the best or worst thing I’ve listened to this year

It's kind of like eating an entire half gallon of ice cream. It was good, but you look down in horror and what you just did to yourself. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 2

#3 in the class rankings is our ceiling. UGA will spend enough money to stay in the top 2, and Bama won't be outdone. 

I'm agnostic on Shepherd. Think of it this way. Shepherd won't be ready to play until 2022. Tommy Brockermeyer will be a redshirt freshman in 2022. Who's starting at LT? The flake with bad weight or the focused, all business player with NFL bloodlines? 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

#3 in the class rankings is our ceiling. UGA will spend enough money to stay in the top 2, and Bama won't be outdone. 

I'm agnostic on Shepherd. Think of it this way. Shepherd won't be ready to play until 2022. Tommy Brockermeyer will be a redshirt freshman in 2022. Who's starting at LT? The flake with bad weight or the focused, all business player with NFL bloodlines? 

If Shepherd isn’t on the field before 2022, he’s probably already transferred somewhere else.

I mean yeah obviously I would rather everybody be fanatically loyal to Texas and not shop around, but if Shepherd decides he wants to come here great. There is probably a reason the staff offered him to begin with, they think they can make a great player out of him.

Edited by Valmy77