Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

8 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

was Parker the guy who all of the Big 12 assistant coaches, who really understood football but didn't want their names in print, were secretly saying as one voice was a better back than Ricky? or was that some other aggy running back that never did shit in college and was never heard from again? 

I believe this was Derek Farmer - it was secretly known among B12 coaches that he was much better than Ced Benson (according to aggy). 

He went on to post 1582 yards & 11 TDs in his career. Benson checked in at 5540 & 67 TDs. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Not a cat said:

Rumor was that Michael bishop was up all night before the game reading Shakespeare and solving particle physics equations.   Or coked out of his mind.  One of those, I forget which one.

Well sounds like he was physically putting particles up his nose.  

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The ONLY value in recruiting rankings is aggy schadenfreude. No rational person actually gives a fuck whether we are 3rd or 10th, do they?

No. It is entirely aggy schadenfreude.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

i think there's more value in recruiting rankings than just the wonderful aggie tears.  perception and perceived momentum matter in college football.  future recruits care, other teams negative recruiting, preseason rankings, tv exposure.  all that shit matters right now.

....ehhhhhhhhh OK. I'll grant you that.

But it's mostly aggy tears.

If they didn't care so much about our rankings, I wouldn't care at all.

1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

Absolutely fucking savage. I love this Ehlinger guy.

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

So I guess no one is interested in the results of the risk assessment meeting? Fine, fuck y’all.

5b02c83836429_icare.gif.9c63066dae8f7986

28 minutes ago, THEHORN5561 said:

And FYI they taste deeeelish!

z1wCXH.jpg 

Also savage.

2 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

When Blacklab said it was time to move over to this new site now called Surly, I thought hey why not get started on the 2019 Recruiting thread? That should be pretty fun.

YOU AND ONLY YOU MUST START ALL RECRUITING THREADS FROM NOW ON

• Like 3

So whoever was here at the beginning of the “big news drop”, I would like to point out that A)it was a shit show like always and B) I sure remember a lot of people saying it had nothing to do with bru, move on from 2019, bru was never happening, etc. Time to give out some rep for the fellow F5’ers who felt like idiots,not knowing what was going on, while the few chosen ones dangled carrots each and every F5. We came out on top?

• Like 1

lol - aggy finally gets traction in state for their post-hire coaching bump. Texas goes and cherry picks half a class of out of state bad asses and passes aggy’s “foundation class” in what was perceived to be a down year for recruiting. Hilarious. 

Edited by Istian
  • Like 6

On 12/19/2018 at 11:11 AM, ztejas said:

Going to throw this out there to take some sand out of vaginas:

On Sep 15th at the USC game we hosted 6 high profile recruits. All 6 are OOS prospects. Of those 6, 4 have already signed with UT.

The 2 that haven't declared yet are Bru McCoy and Trey Sanders. 

I'm not expecting to get either, but I think there is some interesting shit going on behind the scenes with that crew that attended in September.

I think we were closer to getting Sanders than anyone thought. 

2 minutes ago, Istian said:

lol - aggy finally gets traction in state for their post-hire coaching bump. Texas goes and cherry picks half a class of out of state bad asses and passes aggy’s “foundation class” in what was perceived to be a down year for recruiting. Hilarious. 

All of this.

• Like 1

So Texas national recruiting has landed recruits ranked 9, 49, 67, 131, 145, 170, 190, 221, 291 and 437.

Consider that in 2017 our top ranked recruits from anywhere were 119, 162, 204, 234, 302, and 499...

Basically our out of state recruiting alone would be a top 15 recruiting class.

Edited by fellside

2 hours ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I read throught them last night and I came away with the same observation. 

It would seem odd to have a rule restricting contact with a player that is currently on scholarship at your school even if he has a desire to leave. 

I am not going to go back and pull posts for you, but a week or so ago one of the $9.95 mods (yeah, I know) laid out some of the rules, in reaction to all our QB depth winding up in the portal.  It was stated then that once a player enters the portal, unless he has given prior permission to his current school's coaching staff, they can't have any contact with him.  If he gives them permission, as our QBs did since they traveled to the Sugar Bowl,  they can talk to him and he can continue to use the athletic facilities.

• Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Istian said:

All their 100 year decision did was increase the number of teams whose bitch they get to be.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thepop said:

Who knows, maybe if he hadn't signed, Sanders would have followed Bru to Texas.

This is my working theory as well. Bru probably told him he was going to USC and made it an easy decision for Sanders. 

Not sure he would have come here over Bama either way but they were definitely in each other's ear:

1 minute ago, Sock Drawer said:

Yeah, 220, 221; whatever it takes. 

I understand that you little guys start out with your woobies and you think they're great... and they are, they are terrific. But pretty soon, a woobie isn't enough. You're out on the street trying to score an electric blanket, or maybe a quilt. And the next thing you know, you're strung out on bedspreads Ken. That's serious.

• Like 6