Texas recruiting notes 2019

4 minutes ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

If school has already started, and he's started classes, then we've moved beyond NLI. Tuition money has already been used on scholarship.

But if he drops all his classes in time, does that turn back the clock?  Is he allowed to pay back anything he spend on a meal card, give back books?  Dorm?  Probably not easy to undo everything even if it were technically allowed by ncaa. 

I'm excited for the next phase of aggie crying and internet shenanigans, when once Bru gets counted for this year's class, all the aggies demand that the Texas class from last year get re-rated minus Rising and whoever else ends up transferring out so last year's ranking drops.

17 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

You guys are acting like I agree with aggy's position.  I don't.  But it's not going to stop them from taking that position and moaning about it for years to come.

Aggys take a lot of different positions and usually there's a lot of moaning and/or sheep involved.  

Edited by stork642

It is mind-boggling to me to think that most of us in this thread would probably agree the 2019 cycle was underwhelming (for a lot of reasons), but we're going to end up with a fucking top 3 class.

Compare that to how we "felt" about Charlie's classes in 15/16, when we were only borderline Top 10 (and leaving huge ass holes all over the rosters). 

Herman's gonna have us slaying bitches in another year or so.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

You guys are acting like I agree with aggy's position.  I don't.  But it's not going to stop them from taking that position and moaning about it for years to come.

Paranoiacs with a persecution complex can ALWAYS find something to complain about.

I mean even if he is technically a transfer and doesn't count toward the 2019 class, who cares?

We would still have a five star #10 rated recruit in our class, and with a waiver, he could be eligible and wouldn't have to sit.

Aggy can tell themselves whatever they want, but logic would say include the guy would be in the 2019 class taking up a scholarship. He would still be playing for us, so it seems like more of a "technicality."

From a fan-board prospective, the man would go in the calculator.

Just now, Mitch Hedberg said:

I don't give a shit if they count him or not or put an asterisk by it, we all know who will have #3 class. And if they somehow wipe his slate clean, he may even be able to sign on NSD2. We are in uncharted waters 

He's now been released from his NLI, so I don't know why he wouldn't be able to sign another NLI.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

He's now been released from his NLI, so I don't know why he wouldn't be able to sign another NLI.

No. NLI policy states a prospective student-athlete is only permitted to sign one valid NLI in an academic year. Therefore, if you sign an NLI during the early period and get a complete release by the institution or one of the NLI committees before the spring signing period ends, you are not permitted to sign a second NLI in the spring. You must wait until the next academic year to sign another NLI if you have not enrolled already at a four-year institution..

http://www.nationalletter.org/frequentlyAskedQuestions/askingForARelease.html