Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, that aged really poorly, really quickly for Ol’ @TrojanPrincess . At least she’s come back to own it, though. Right. 

Also, Helton is giving him the full release. But I am sure of y’all will handwring over that as well. 

It aged slightly worse than all of your incessant, whining posts from December ridiculing anyone who even mentioned Bru McCoy's name.

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I read throught them last night and I came away with the same observation. 

It would seem odd to have a rule restricting contact with a player that is currently on scholarship at your school even if he has a desire to leave. 

We tried to talk our QBs out of transferring.  Every school does that. 

Just now, Katfid54 said:

aggy is going to flip their absolute shit when 247 gives us credit for Bru, even though he's "a transfer."

Sign me the fuck up.

The funniest part is that if/when he gets a waiver from his NLI, then he actually is a recruit and there’s no reason not count him towards the class, but we know that won’t stop aggy from bitching about it.

Just now, Katfid54 said:

aggy is going to flip their absolute shit when 247 gives us credit for Bru, even though he's "a transfer."

Sign me the fuck up.

We'll see. He has entered the transfer portal, which allows him to communicate to other schools. I would think that would be Step 1, the ability to communicate. If Helton gives him a full release of his NLI, and Bru can sign another one to say, Texas, before the 2nd signing day, he might not be classified as a transfer. 

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

Sign me the fuck up.

As noted around 100 pages ago, 247 has precedence for this too.  Ale Kaho is counted in Alabama's 2018 class even though he signed with Washington and didn't transfer until August.

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

The funniest part is that if/when he gets a waiver from his NLI, then he actually is a recruit and there’s no reason not count him towards the class, but we know that won’t stop aggy from bitching about it.

Just like Duvernay and Hudson were counted in the 2016 247 team rankings:

Suck it Liucci and Texags

• Like 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

We'll see. He has entered the transfer portal, which allows him to communicate to other schools. I would think that would be Step 1, the ability to communicate. If Helton gives him a full release of his NLI, and Bru can sign another one to say, Texas, before the 2nd signing day, he might not be classified as a transfer. 

Helton risks killing USC's goodwill at Mater Dei, their biggest HS pipeline, if he doesn't release Bru from his NLI. Especially given the circumstances.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

We’ve literally already seen this happen with the Baylor guys, if you get a release from your NLI, then you’re an uncommitted recruit, regardless of whether it’s before or after NSD.  We jumped from like 10 to 6 that year.

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

We’ve literally already seen this happen with the Baylor guys, if you get a release from your NLI, then you’re an uncommitted recruit, regardless of whether it’s before or after NSD.  We jumped from like 10 to 6 that year.

Yup. Just depends on getting that NLI voided. The transfer portal just let him open the line of communication. Lets see what Helton does. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The ONLY value in recruiting rankings is aggy schadenfreude. No rational person actually gives a fuck whether we are 3rd or 10th, do they?

Only aggy cares that much.  I only care to the extent it causes the laughs.  The difference between 3rd and 10th for a single class usually isn't that meaningful compared to the coaching staff nailing their evaluations and developing the players to their best potential.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

If school has already started, and he's started classes, then we've moved beyond NLI. Tuition money has already been used on scholarship.

Can you recap your bonafides for Sushi horn, please? I know you've posted extensively on here in the past, but I forget.

I'd suggest you post for VaHorn too but that stupid fuck doesn't read anyway, and no one listens to him. 

4 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The ONLY value in recruiting rankings is aggy schadenfreude. No rational person actually gives a fuck whether we are 3rd or 10th, do they?

That's what I always assumed.  I gave up on caring about recruiting rankings during one of the countless Red River thrashings delivered by the gang of 3 stars north of the border.