2019 Spring Game: April 13, 6:30 PM

Machinator

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Lots of OL work ahead for Coach Hand this season.....

Seems like early praise for 1st team OL by Hermanator may need to be tempered a little until the grad transfer OL arrives.....

TH has a history of overestimating his OL talent--remember his first year here?

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Agreed. But that's not his game. 

Amen. Why they looked at Shark and Roach and determined Shark should play closer to the line of scrimmage will baffle most of us.

With a coach like Orlando, who likes to experiment, there are bound to be some bad ideas I guess...

1 hour ago, Ok. Caol Hook Em! said:

There was a lot of people there and they were fucking hyped. Surprised how many students new a lot of his songs. Extremely fun concert. 

video suggested an empty stadium except for players signing autographs.  Did this 'concert' start at 10pm? 

2 minutes ago, NowThis said:

video suggested an empty stadium except for players signing autographs.  Did this 'concert' start at 10pm? 

The concert started at 8:30. The 9th floor of the stadium was packed. Good drinks and food and they closed the windows to block out all the wind. There were lots of ex players there.

35 minutes ago, pacman said:

Amen. Why they looked at Shark and Roach and determined Shark should play closer to the line of scrimmage will baffle most of us.

With a coach like Orlando, who likes to experiment, there are bound to be some bad ideas I guess...

I believe their intention is to play the best players even if they’re out of position/unsuited for it. Hager playing 4i is an unfortunate example. 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I believe their intention is to play the best players even if they’re out of position/unsuited for it. Hager playing 4i is an unfortunate example. 

Yeah, to their detriment at times. Hager playing 4i. Or falling into the Naashan Hughes event horizon. I’d prefer to just play the best defense instead of the best 11. Like when we stumbled into the lightening package in 2017.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Slot receiver vs. flanker. Fullback vs tailback. Weakside linebacker vs middle linebacker. Things have names. 

yes, generic names have been around for decades, but it's dainty to have coaching staffs make up positions just for sake of appearing sophisticated.  Fans be like "damn, that shit is complex, he must be a genius with the 4i and FJX package with 4matic blitz!" 

Edited by NowThis

I can't believe people take any stock in a spring game lol. 

Herman should just script the first 4 plays and throw hail Mary's for 80 yard td's and tell then CB to act like they are trying but let's excite the crowd. wait, no then surly would melt down about pass coverage and the defense sucks! Damn I didn't think about that. I'll get back to you guys on another way for the perfect Spring Game so we know for certain the upcoming season is a grand slam. 

13 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Remember how awesome we looked in the spring game right before the 2010 season?

That’s when I learned to stop paying attention to preseason scrimmages. They’re not really diagnostic of anything. 

Remember the spring game when Desean Hales looked like Percy Harvin?  

3 hours ago, NowThis said:

wtf is "4i", how about DE? 

Why bother to differentiate between DE and DT?  Aren't they all DL?

DEs and DTs can align in a variety of different ways.4i is inside eye on the OT.  Typical 4-3 DE aligns in either a 5 tech (outside shoulder of the OT) or 7 tech (outside the TE).

43 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Why bother to differentiate between DE and DT?  Aren't they all DL?

DEs and DTs can align in a variety of different ways.4i is inside eye on the OT.  Typical 4-3 DE aligns in either a 5 tech (outside shoulder of the OT) or 7 tech (outside the TE).

too much customization, which is a recent trend, the standards are being watered down too much.  I don't like Weakside LB either; keep it OLB MLB OLB. The 4i concept breaks the symmetrical definitions. 

• Fuck You 1