If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

So we have an NRA ad where they say Greg Abbott stands strong for gun owners. God love ya. What am I saying?

Is that the same ad where we're told the Texas-Mexico border is the most dangerous border in the world?

All the online P1 dipshits complaining about how "woke" the Ticket personalities have gotten (sans Greggo and the OGW, presumably, but I bet they wouldn't like the latter's politics if they really knew them) must be in hog heaven since the stream is just Gerg Abbott ad after Gerg Abbott ad.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, RPM said:

We’ll see more circle the wagon tactics by Cat with guys working more than usual. 

I think Gordon is the only thing that could offset people going to the Freak from 3-7 if indeed Rhynes is in that time slot. 

54 minutes ago, RPM said:

sorry for machine-gun posts.  I listened to this but I was distracted and I can't tell what's going on or if this is a bit?  gordo is going to remain on the musers and will join the hang zone once a week?  or gordo is leaving the musers and joining the hang zone full-time?

15 minutes ago, futureman said:

sorry for machine-gun posts.  I listened to this but I was distracted and I can't tell what's going on or if this is a bit?  gordo is going to remain on the musers and will join the hang zone once a week?  or gordo is leaving the musers and joining the hang zone full-time?

Just joining HZ once a week for a segment called:

C

U
Next

Tuesday

Edited by orange dream
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

That would require Grubes leaving his Rangers gig

I mean, exactly. 

Afternoons would be devoted to that show and I wouldn’t ever look back. 

Mornings?  Ha. I fucking hate Julie. But please please please take her fucking Orchard ads with her fat ass. 

4 hours ago, futureman said:

It feels like a shot across the bow by Catlin that they are willing to reshuffle to protect that time slot. 

Mike & Mike are going to destroy the HL. I’m a pretty loyal Ticket P1, but I can’t stand what Bob has done to the HL and what Cumulus has done to their bench. I hope big dumb Danny joins Mike & Mike. There is zero chance even checking out the other morning show. 

1 hour ago, Da Fino said:

It feels like a shot across the bow by Catlin that they are willing to reshuffle to protect that time slot. 

They must know the Mikes will be on 12-3 because the HZ is the last show that needs help.  If any show needs help it’s the HL, or of course Norm and Donnie.  

I love Gordo, Dan and Jake. But it’s a weird move from a station that has been making weird moves for a LONG time. How much incremental overhead would it have taken to retain Sirois?  Danny?  Danny’s loss paved the way for Dave, but it leaves him on the street. How could they have done things differently to appease OGW?

Now, all these guys are available. And even if Mike & Mike go head to head with HZ, Dan & Jake plus a weekly segment from Gordo aren’t enough to keep me from tuning in immediately and every day. That dumbass Conrad ad is only going to make me want to tune in more. They have fucked up for years, and by not throwing guys making peanuts a few more peanuts, it makes me want to go elsewhere for my sports talk. 

57 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I love Gordo, Dan and Jake. But it’s a weird move from a station that has been making weird moves for a LONG time. How much incremental overhead would it have taken to retain Sirois?  Danny?  Danny’s loss paved the way for Dave, but it leaves him on the street. How could they have done things differently to appease OGW?

Now, all these guys are available. And even if Mike & Mike go head to head with HZ, Dan & Jake plus a weekly segment from Gordo aren’t enough to keep me from tuning in immediately and every day. That dumbass Conrad ad is only going to make me want to tune in more. They have fucked up for years, and by not throwing guys making peanuts a few more peanuts, it makes me want to go elsewhere for my sports talk. 

You don’t think Jake won’t eventually leave? Not sure Cat is the one controlling the purse strings but his inability to make business cases for these guys could ultimately lead to the demise of the station. 

19 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Did not know that. 

Davey said it himself on his first day hosting. Said one of the main reasons he was the odd man out years ago and left the station even though he had been there longer than Corby was because Rhyner didn't like the way he sounded on air. 

He said Rhyner and he have become friends over the years since but not sure if his opinion of his on air talent changed. 

I'm sure there was a bit of Rhyner needing to annoint you as the next person to be put on air. I know Dan and Bob both said they met with Rhyner and the PD at the time when they did their interviews. I'm sure when Cat returned and made the Ticket his own that it probably didn't sit well with Rhyner. If he goes head to head with Corby and Bob then you know there's some bitterness there. If I tune in to the Freak, it won't be for Rhyner as his old man contrarian shit got old a long time ago. It will be for Sirois. 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

If I tune in to the Freak, it won't be for Rhyner as his old man contrarian shit got old a long time ago. It will be for Sirois. 

Agreed 100%.  Mike doesn't move the needle for me at this point in his career.  If Jake would replace Bob on the HL it's easily a better show than they have had in at least the last 5 years IMO.

Used to listen every morning, every afternoon, and ~50% of lunch time(started when I moved back to DFW in the summer of '94).  Over the last 3-4 years, started listening to podcasts then audio books and rarely listen now.

I suspect myself and most other "long" time listeners will be tuning in just to see what's up.