2019 SOTU game thread

zork

Just now, Incredulity said:

Can I ridicule her as a fat fuck or is that just something that can be said about Republicans?

oh, no, you can go the fat fuck route. jesus. mix in a salad.

also, her rebuttal is terrible, which is par for the course for the DNC. they never take the chance to actually rebut what was said, instead choosing to go with a pre-written speech given by a nervous speaker. she's breathing heavier than trump does.

because they are both fat fucks.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

oh, no, you can go the fat fuck route. jesus. mix in a salad.

also, her rebuttal is terrible, which is par for the course for the DNC. they never take the chance to actually rebut what was said, instead choosing to go with a pre-written speech given by a nervous speaker. she's breathing heavier than trump does.

because they are both fat fucks.

This is fine. 

Is she going to get to anything the pres said at any point in this? She lost 80% of the viewers by now. 

That’s not how it works. Always will be. They can’t write the speech in 5 mins so the rebuttal is always more generic platitudes. Random stories of American greatness contrasted with Joe Sixpack can’t pay his bills because that other party is XYZing. My side is better. Yea economy. Boo childhood cancer.

It’s a lose for whoever performs it.

Just now, Llano Estacado said:

That’s not how it works. Always will be. They can’t write the speech in 5 mins so the rebuttal is always more generic platitudes. Random stories of American greatness contrasted with Joe Sixpack can’t pay his bills because that other party is XYZing. My side is better. Yea economy. Boo childhood cancer.

It’s a lose for whoever performs it.

high school debate kids rebut more powerfully than professional politicians.

go for it on fourth down every once in awhile. fucking hell.

cnn was fact checking trump's wall speech in real time.

this choice of a rehearsed crappy speech vs an actual rebuttal is stupid. you know what he's going to talk about. frame it better. god, i've been on panels where i had to respond to things with which i disagreed in seconds, not minutes or tens of minutes. 

she's not rebutting anything. she's just giving a speech.

Let a lawyer give the goddamned rebuttal. Our fucking job is to think on our feet and respond on the fly. I could have made notes (along with the prep beforehand about what we KNEW he was going to say) along the way, and delivered an actual fucking rebuttal.
And I like Stacy - an old classmate and friend of my wife. She’s always been whip-smart. But a meh, canned speech.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Let a lawyer give the goddamned rebuttal. Our fucking job is to think on our feet and respond on the fly. I could have made notes (along with the prep beforehand about what we KNEW he was going to say) along the way, and delivered an actual fucking rebuttal.
And I like Stacy - an old classmate and friend of my wife. She’s always been whip-smart. But a meh, canned speech.

Um. Wut?

7 minutes ago, Llano Estacado said:

That’s not how it works. Always will be. They can’t write the speech in 5 mins so the rebuttal is always more generic platitudes.

That's why you want an eloquent, extemporaneous speaker to rebut.  Think "Barack Hussein Obama".  He would need 2 note cars with a half dozen major points each and wham! he'd fucking pillory Trump.