2019 SOTU game thread

zork

23 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Imagine the Fox News outrage if Obama said he wanted to negotiate with the Taliban.

Negotiating with terrorists is one thing, but Democrats?  No terms but an unconditional surrender can be accepted.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Goredho said:

Trump didn’t glaringly show his ass as I was expecting, but it was just a bunch of lip service about crossing divides and governing for all Americans that is completely incongruous with his actions the past two years.  I will say moderated Trump is more dangerous than 100% pure, uncut Trump.  If you just tuned in to the SOTU to see what’s going on in America (which is the majority of voters) he would not have struck you as a bumbling narcissist or criminally malign.

Stacey Abrams was the suck.  She did not address a damn thing he said.  No contrasting his portrait of the way things are with reality — that there is no way to rejoin separated immigrant kids with their families, the President’s secretary of defense resigning in protest over the unplanned withdrawal of support for our allies in Syria, a year of stock market gains being wiped out by Trump’s trade wars and government shutdown, growing numbers of indictments and guilty pleas emerging from Mueller’s investigation that Trump directly attacked, etc....  Just a wimpy, “Sucks to be a government worker.  I feel you, fam.”  She motivated me to further not give a shit until Mueller’s report drops or House hearings come about.

This was her test run.  She goes back into the peloton.

• Like 2

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/02/05/cnn_instant_poll_76_of_viewers_approved_of_trump_state_of_the_union.html

A CNN poll conducted by ssrs following President Trump's State of the Union address Tuesday night found that 59% of viewers had a very positive reaction to the speech, 17% had a somewhat positive reaction and 23% had a negative reaction. CNN political director David Chalian presents.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah and another poll showed the overwhelming # of people who were watching already supported Trump.

News flash - Trump supporters approved of Trump's SOTU.

I thought polls were fake? 

Chants of “USA USA” could be heard in my 7AM meeting.  90%+ Trumpers.  They loved every second of it.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

One new line of bullshit from Trump last night that I jotted down but failed to mention: as a result of illegal immigration we have "hospitals so crowded you can't get in." I hadn't hard that one before. Seems like if that ever happened it would make the news. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

DysIRAGWwAAMldx?format=jpg&name=large

Fucking amazed Tiffany got out of witness protection.

Also, what the fuck Junior?  What is that beard?  Why is Eric now the normal looking one?

And lastly, little girl next to Sleeping Stable Genius can't stop staring at brunette's honker.

2 hours ago, immortal13 said:

9976-koolaidman.jpg

I couldn’t have scripted a better speech to turnoff the majority of this country than what Abrams gave. Thank you Dems for being you. Having a loser of the gubernatorial race in Georgia harping on racism as if it was still the 50s is just what we need to recapture our losses in 2020. Please, please, please move away from focusing on health care and running moderate candidates like Lizzie Fletcher that flipped the House. It’s exciting to be a Republican again. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

I couldn’t have scripted a better speech to turnoff the majority of this country than what Abrams gave. Thank you Dems for being you. Having a loser of the gubernatorial race in Georgia harping on racism as if it was still the 50s is just what we need to recapture our losses in 2020. Please, please, please move away from focusing on health care and running moderate candidates like Lizzie Fletcher that flipped the House. It’s exciting to be a Republican again. 

LOL you don't even live here you little piece of stool, but please continue to ignore how much voter disenfranchisement there was while her fucking opponent literally presided over the election he was running in.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

LOL you don't even live here you little piece of stool, but please continue to ignore how much voter disenfranchisement there was while her fucking opponent literally presided over the election he was running in.

Lots of dead people lost their right to vote.  

• Like 1

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Lots of dead people lost their right to vote.  

Lots of people, predominate minorities, had to deal with intentionally longer lines at the polls, a system that disproportionately made them stay on top of their voting status because of an exact match on their name and address, in addition to outdated voting machines that had no auditable paper trail.

4 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Lots of people, predominate minorities, had to deal with intentionally longer lines at the polls, a system that disproportionately made them stay on top of their voting status because of an exact match on their name and address, in addition to outdated voting machines that had no auditable paper trail.

Awwwwwwwwe

30 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

One new line of bullshit from Trump last night that I jotted down but failed to mention: as a result of illegal immigration we have "hospitals so crowded you can't get in." I hadn't hard that one before. Seems like if that ever happened it would make the news. 

Have you ever been to the Ben Taub ER before?

Just now, GSU&UT said:

Yeah, fuck fighting for voting integrity and our constitutional rights.

Well obviously.  Voting integrity and constitutional rights for voting = Republican losses.

The retarded rubes are out in full force to continue to make sure only white people get to vote. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/02/05/cnn_instant_poll_76_of_viewers_approved_of_trump_state_of_the_union.html

A CNN poll conducted by ssrs following President Trump's State of the Union address Tuesday night found that 59% of viewers had a very positive reaction to the speech, 17% had a somewhat positive reaction and 23% had a negative reaction. CNN political director David Chalian presents.

He became presidential!

10 minutes ago, zork said:

Latinas can't have horse teeth, crazy horse face?

4DABA37D00000578-0-NEW_YORK_NY_JUNE_26_P

Check out the S. Huckabee thread for those goalkeeping for AOC, calling for higher standards, here or with the giant fatty from Georgia.  Don't see any negging of the looks criticism for "Huckabeef", or her birth condition that caused her slanted/crooked eyes, etc, etc.  Be consistent or STFU.

yep

40 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I knew a lot of you guys would be a fan of this miserable cunt lol.  Good read this morning 

13 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

Lol at Latina Seabiscuit being able to have a period. 

10 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Actually she spotted the BurgerKing in the crowd.

10 hours ago, zork said:

Seems like it would take her longer to freeze with all that padding.

11 hours ago, Incredulity said:

She is excited because there is a cheesesteak right beside the camera

11 hours ago, cabowabo said:

Damn, go to a dentist lady. Jesus.

The party of Trump.

I love how people treat anything in the Trump presidency like it matters. Wether  you support him or not or thought his speech was good or not. Like it matters. If it was the best speech in the world and it had 100% approval or the worst with 0%, nobody will remember it in 48 hours. Trump will fire off 19 tweets in the morning attacking the Pope and Oprah and declaring war on Sweden. 4 people will get indicted. Tucker Carlson will say something racist. Kanye West will have a gay affair with Collin Kaepernick. This is the world we live in. Whatever you are mad or excited about something today, get ready to not remember it in 48 hours, because more better/worse news is coming and it's coming quick. 

• Like 3

Trump brought a 10 year old cancer survivor who smiled, waved, and according to the photo above stayed awake.  We know he wants $5 billion for a wall ASAP and he's willing to shut down the government to get it.  But in his speech he also proposed $500 million in new cancer research over the next ten years.

I thought at the time he mis-spoke.  Surely curing cancer, especially in children, merits a bigger number.  I thought maybe he was supposed to say $500 billion over the next ten years.  I checked the transcript and googled a bit to see if he misspoke.  He did not.  He brought that little girl to the speech and then proposed $50 million per year to help her, in a country of 325 million people.  

I am no fan of Trump but a call to action to spend $50 billion per year to eliminate childhood cancer would have impressed me.  That is an audacious goal I could get behind.  A gift to humanity like antibiotics and vaccinations.  That's still around $150 per person per year, less than fifty cents per day per person.  Fifty million per year seems like window dressing, a token payment for a nation that could do more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

Trump brought a 10 year old cancer survivor who smiled, waved, and according to the photo above stayed awake.  We know he wants $5 billion for a wall ASAP and he's willing to shut down the government to get it.  But in his speech he also proposed $500 million in new cancer research over the next ten years.

I thought at the time he mis-spoke.  Surely curing cancer, especially in children, merits a bigger number.  I thought maybe he was supposed to say $500 billion over the next ten years.  I checked the transcript and googled a bit to see if he misspoke.  He did not.  He brought that little girl to the speech and then proposed $50 million per year to help her, in a country of 325 million people.  

I am no fan of Trump but a call to action to spend $50 billion per year to eliminate childhood cancer would have impressed me.  That is an audacious goal I could get behind.  A gift to humanity like antibiotics and vaccinations.  That's still around $150 per person per year, less than fifty cents per day per person.  Fifty million per year seems like window dressing, a token payment for a nation that could do more.

Cancer doesn't speak Spanish bro.