Who is the best defensive player for UT since 2000?

futureman

Just now, Foosters said:

Image result for scott derry going the wrong way

hey guys, he's right over there

See, that's a heads up play right there.  No. 3 is about ready to break the tackle and run for a long gain.  Recognizing that, Scott looks over to the ref in the middle of the play to call a time out and prevent that from happening.  Most linebackers would head straight to the runner and attempt to make the tackle.  But Scott was a linebacker cut from a different mold.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

what the hell does this even mean?  and ET was not a better college player than DJ.  

Lubbock in 2008 might disqualify ET anyway. 

I mean DJ was better in burnt orange, I think ET edges him as a better player. 

We're talking about a redshirt sophomore that went to the draft, and was probably the best DB in the country in 2009. As a 21 year old. 

As for Huff and Griffin, I don't know. It depends on the criteria. Huff and Griffin weren't good enough to leave after 2 years. That makes it a little murky.

Edited by ztejas

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I hold grudges.  2008 Crabtree knocks ET off the list  for me. Yes 1 mistake. But that mistake took away a natty and what could have been a dynasty

Recall that a hit by ET there would have just made it a field goal from the 2.  They had plenty of time.  

52 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I hold grudges.  2008 Crabtree knocks ET off the list  for me. Yes 1 mistake. But that mistake took away a natty and what could have been a dynasty

It shouldn't. That was a red-shirt freshman ET. I don't think you can put the Tech loss on him. Especially when one of his teammates dropped a cupcake game-winning interception.

• Like 1