Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Well its possible he's being exonerated. Either way, his career is ruined, so he's been held accountable in some respect for committing a crime, or he's been unfairly tarnished and had his career ruined. If he gets off because he's rich in Chicago, well then he's like every other rich guy that gets away with shit where people are seemingly never outraged. Just bizarre in all respects. I honestly don't care anymore, whatevs.

I wouldn't be so sure his career is ruined after all charges are dropped and the record is expunged. 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I wouldn't be so sure his career is ruined after all charges are dropped and the record is expunged. 

PR is more powerful than anything the law can do. If it's fuzzy he's still done. At least with legitimate work. I'm sure he can find obscure places who will premise it on believing he was exonerated. 

19 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Well its possible he's being exonerated. Either way, his career is ruined, so he's been held accountable in some respect for committing a crime, or he's been unfairly tarnished and had his career ruined. If he gets off because he's rich in Chicago, well then he's like every other rich guy that gets away with shit where people are seemingly never outraged. Just bizarre in all respects. I honestly don't care anymore, whatevs.

Are you kidding? He'll be revered in The Community after this. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Clearly those Nigerians conspired to protect the MAGA-hat wearing Trump supporters who kicked Jussie's ass.

I don't think anything is clear.   I'm curious about what the sealed records say, but it seems that we don't always get the underlying details behind a decision not to prosecute. 

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

prosecutors just dropped all charges.

what a clusterfuck. 

i'm guessing the prosecutors wish they hadn't gone so public with case details.

Meh, they're being pressured by someone. The guy tried to create a fake hate crime, and he's getting away with it in reality....  

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Jussie’s alleged motive was always weaksauce IMO.

Who am I talking to here ?  Weak sauce ?  BS.  He had an agenda to make himself a victim and get sympathy along with making the whole racial issue more inflamed than it is already.  Now don't get out of character and call me a racist Hugo... err David,... errrrrr sock boy.....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Who am I talking to here ?  Weak sauce ?  BS.  He had an agenda to make himself a victim and get sympathy along with making the whole racial issue more inflamed than it is already.  Now don't get out of character and call me a racist Hugo... err David,... errrrrr sock boy.....

Yeah, you see, the thing with that explanation is it's fucking crazy. 

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You're kidding right?

A bunch of fake hate crimes have been perpetrated, there's a link to many of them in this thread.

What do you think the motives are in such cases?

Just now, hayden_horn said:

$100,000, of which he was on the hook for the 10% - $10,000, and i think that's all he surrendered.

I'm sure that 10,000 was just a fee to the bondsman, right?

If a bond gets forfeited, it's the entire amount.

Or so I (perhaps incorrectly) understand.

28 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Do you really need to ask this question. if only he were a republican this would all be front page news every day and no charges would have been dropped.

Robert Kraft agrees.

Edit: my bad/didn’t mean to cr

Edited by CowboyFred

2 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I'm sure that 10,000 was just a fee to the bondsman, right?

If a bond gets forfeited, it's the entire amount.

Or so I (perhaps incorrectly) understand.

i guess that could be the case - the reporting has been fuzzy, but according to the mail:

Jussie Smollett thanked fans for their support on Tuesday after having all the charges dropped against him in a move Chicago prosecutors are refusing to explain. 

Smollett had been facing up to 48 years behind bars on 16 felony counts of lying to police by claiming he was attacked on January 29 by two men he said he could not identify and who he said called him racial and homophobic slurs. 

On Tuesday, an emergency hearing was scheduled during which the charges were suddenly dropped. 

Smollett agreed to surrender his $10,000 bond but walked out of court a free man. 

The question of why prosecutors who had boasted about their evidence against him suddenly dropped the case remains. 

(emphasis added)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6852243/Charges-DROPPED-against-Jussie-Smollett.html

• Like 1

Just now, Augustus said:

You're kidding right?

A bunch of fake hate crimes have been perpetrated, there's a link to many of them in this thread.

What do you think the motives are in such cases?

I don't know about the motives in other fake hate crimes, I didn't know that was a widespread thing.   

I'm saying the stated motive, "that he wanted more money", for a person like Jussie didn't add up.  

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don't know about the motives in other fake hate crimes, I didn't know that was a widespread thing.   

I'm saying the stated motive, "that he wanted more money", for a person like Jussie didn't add up.  

The fucker wanted more publicity.  Isn't that obvious? I mean he was on the morning shows immediately after faking it.  I had never heard of this guy before all of this

33 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Oh really well why don't you explain why charges for creating a fake crime would have been dropped.  Especially considering how it all transpired, and what he tried to do.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

The fucker wanted more publicity.  Isn't that obvious? I mean he was on the morning shows immediately after faking it.  I had never heard of this guy before all of this

You're probably right, but it seemed like there would be easier ways for a person like Jussie to get publicity than going through all that trouble to stage a politically motivated hate crime at 2AM in Chicago.  And if you're going to stage a hate crime, it's probably best not to make it look like it was staged.  If he's dumb enough to do all that and get away with it, then I'm confident this won't be his last run in with the law. 

https://twitter.com/juliebosman/status/1110590957664288768

NEW from Chicago: Joe Magats, the first assistant state's attorney who made the final decision to drop the charges against Jussie Smollett, says in an interview: "We didn't exonerate him."

Magats, the asst state's atty, said he saw no problems with the police investigation or the evidence against Smollett. The charges against Smollett were dropped in return for his agreement to do community service, he said, and for forfeiting his bond to the city of Chicago.

More from the asst state's attorney: "Here's the thing -- we work to prioritize violent crime and the drivers of violent crime. Public safety is our number one priority. I don't see Jussie Smollett as a threat to public safety."

"We stand behind the investigation, we stand behind the decision to charge him and we stand behind the charges in the case. The mere fact that it was disposed of in an alternative manner does not mean that there were any problems or infirmities in the case or the evidence."

2 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

https://twitter.com/juliebosman/status/1110590957664288768

NEW from Chicago: Joe Magats, the first assistant state's attorney who made the final decision to drop the charges against Jussie Smollett, says in an interview: "We didn't exonerate him."

Magats, the asst state's atty, said he saw no problems with the police investigation or the evidence against Smollett. The charges against Smollett were dropped in return for his agreement to do community service, he said, and for forfeiting his bond to the city of Chicago.

More from the asst state's attorney: "Here's the thing -- we work to prioritize violent crime and the drivers of violent crime. Public safety is our number one priority. I don't see Jussie Smollett as a threat to public safety."

"We stand behind the investigation, we stand behind the decision to charge him and we stand behind the charges in the case. The mere fact that it was disposed of in an alternative manner does not mean that there were any problems or infirmities in the case or the evidence."

lulz, but man, you all look terrible dropping these charges. say what you want, you have egg all over your face.

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You're probably right, but it seemed like there would be easier ways for a person like Jussie to get publicity than going through all that trouble to stage a politically motivated hate crime at 2AM in Chicago.  And if you're going to stage a hate crime, it's probably best not to make it look like it was staged.  If he's dumb enough to do all that and get away with it, then I'm confident this won't be his last run in with the law. 

Must have been the Russians..............right "Hugo".....

• Like 1

You guys are inexplicably slacking on this. A former advisor of Michelle Obama contacted the DA on Feb 1 and requested that the case be handed to the FBI(lol). Smollett’s family was in contact with this former advisor(some how) and were afraid that Smollett would not get fair treatment.

Who knows, but Occam’s Razor and the judge sealing the case says quite a bit.