$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

16 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Wait, I don't pay much attention at all to these rubes. 

Are Burton and Hamilton splitting completely from InsideTexas and taking their own brand over? 

Split happened in early December, with Hamilton serving as On3 analyst with Texas/southern responsibilities. He will still post occasionally at IT, but not much. Burton has divorced fully from IT, devoting his efforts to his YouTube channel. And about a week ago, he launched an associated website with immamac to complement the YT channel content. Meanwhile, IT has ramped up its YouTube content. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Split happened in early December, with Hamilton serving as On3 analyst with Texas/southern responsibilities. He will still post occasionally at IT, but not much. Burton has divorced fully from IT, devoting his efforts to his YouTube channel. And about a week ago, he launched an associated website with immamac to complement the YT channel content. Meanwhile, IT has ramped up its YouTube content. 

Got it. I knew about the new linked site. Hamilton and Burton are good, no bullshit people for the most part. Babers is good on those videos too. The rest almost all are charlatans imo (for all schools, not just Texas).

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Seemingly all with Wells, which is a nonstarter. 

IT still have a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes good videos and bad videos - this is from their most recent vid last night. looks like we have 3 hostage videos and they are using some kind of free streaming software.

ian boyd still looks like he is being held in some basement in Mexico City for ransom. Eric looks like someone just off camera has a gun to his head and he is being blinded with some kind of spotlight.

image.thumb.png.8b83c251fddea53f120ae3c696f295d8.png

the fact that they are still this bad at the absolute basics, things 16 year olds streaming to 3 people on twitch understand, really says all you need to know about them and their managing partner.

on the flip side, here is OTF  from ~30 min ago - don't have laptop cameras 24" from their face at a terrible angle, have actual backgrounds behind them, have decent lighting and mics. they aren' going to be outdone by highschoolers streaming palworld to 3 people.

image.thumb.png.9d36b196fc9cdf7b9382823f380a9538.png

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I would bet that he's literally looking for one person to fill all of those...I won't say POSITIONS, but one person to do all of those chores. And to piggyback of RGBIII, I'll go ahead and shed some color on what I suspect the administrative assitant job will entrail:

bvUaWI.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I would bet that he's literally looking for one person to fill all of those...I won't say POSITIONS, but one person to do all of those chores. And to piggyback of RGBIII, I'll go ahead and shed some color on what I suspect the administrative assitant job will entrail:

bvUaWI.gif

"entrail" - Sydney typo or on purpose? I'm hoping it's the latter.

8 hours ago, Hermanator said:

So we go over there to say things like:

"That's quite interesting. I believe the Texas coaches saw Jabbar Muhammad in person on his visit and decided to wait for other options"

then come back here to tell the same person:

"You fucking idiot. Of course they never offered Muhammad, they knew Harbaugh was leaving and kept the powder dry for the next chain reaction of coaching change madness. Go fuck yourself"

That seems like a lot of extra work. 

Omit the first post. The OTF site isn’t for poster led content/contrib. It’s for poster questions and clarification. 

7 hours ago, NoName said:

IT still have a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes good videos and bad videos - this is from their most recent vid last night. looks like we have 3 hostage videos and they are using some kind of free streaming software.

ian boyd still looks like he is being held in some basement in Mexico City for ransom. Eric looks like someone just off camera has a gun to his head and he is being blinded with some kind of spotlight.

image.thumb.png.8b83c251fddea53f120ae3c696f295d8.png

the fact that they are still this bad at the absolute basics, things 16 year olds streaming to 3 people on twitch understand, really says all you need to know about them and their managing partner.

on the flip side, here is OTF  from ~30 min ago - don't have laptop cameras 24" from their face at a terrible angle, have actual backgrounds behind them, have decent lighting and mics. they aren' going to be outdone by highschoolers streaming palworld to 3 people.

image.thumb.png.9d36b196fc9cdf7b9382823f380a9538.png

Those are definitely Taliban hostage videos, and Ian Boyd is definitely being held in an Afghanistan whore house  forced to write bad articles about where a current star player SHOULD BE playing. 

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Soliver465 said:

Great "Coffee and Football" this morning with the return of Gerry.

If I could short IT, I would.

did Gerry actually leave On3?

really interested to see what happens with IT at this point and if they stick with on3 or get booted. should be interesting.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The partner sites have deals with On3 of varying length. Then they get renewed, or one side or both decide to part ways. I don't think IT is anywhere close to that fork in the road. 

The best way to look at OTF is that it is a new option in the market for following longhorn related news, discussion and recruiting. They have some interesting discussions and work output coming down the line. I think Bobby and Gerry are the best in the business, they'll outwork everyone else, and they have good chemistry on camera. Vogel is a good addition as well.

i'm sure that fork is coming at some point, but yeah doubt it makes sense to have it be short term for either side.

oh, i didn't realize CJ left TFB and was 100% with OTF now.

do you know if Gerry left On3? those 3 alone should make OTF really interesting and every Texas pay site should be making changes to keep their customers (but they won't)

i hope OTF kills it and i will be watching/sharing their stuff around with guys I know who care about Texas sports.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

i'm sure that fork is coming at some point, but yeah doubt it makes sense to have it be short term for either side.

do you know if Gerry left On3? those 3 alone should make OTF really interesting and every Texas pay site should be making changes to keep their customers (but they won't)

i hope OTF kills it and i will be watching/sharing their stuff around with guys I know who care about Texas sports.

Bobby was welcoming him back to the show and such. My assumption is he's officially no longer under contract with On3 and that is why he was able to rejoin Bobby and be part of the programming/board. 

6 minutes ago, NoName said:

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby was welcoming him back to the show and such. My assumption is he's officially no longer under contract with On3 and that is why he was able to rejoin Bobby and be part of the programming/board. 

The best way to think about it is that Gerry will be working with Bobby going forward, doing what they do well. The details around everything prior aren't important and aren't our business. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Yesh said:

OTF needs to get Paul and Drew as well.

Paul isn't good for video content which is OTF's main content. Drew is a IT loyalist.

Bobby > Eric
Gerry > Justin
Babers > Drew - Babers is much better for YT format content as the former player role.
Bob Shipley > Ian Boyd - For football theory role, well pretty much in any capacity.
Blake > whatever host guy IT tried to roll out

I'm fairly certain that CJ has credentials and OTF has credentials through the university. So with that said.

CJ < Joe Cook as the beat guy. But will have to see this one play out. Cook is really good in that beat writer type role IMO. But CJ brings other things to the table from the recruiting side which is why this industry is so large.

Lunch with Coach is a great thing during the season.

Gerry and CJ are going to be doing the recruiting breakdowns on Tuesdays, that is a lot of firepower for that show. 

Has IT had any big guest since Bobby/Gerry left?

Edited by BurntOrange&White

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

Wait till you see what we have coming down the pipe. This is just the beginning. 

The only thing that matters with everyone that is involved with On Texas Football is the Texas Longhorns. It’s not a job to us, it’s what we are all about. 

Texas Longhorns and laying pipe!

32 minutes ago, Yesh said:

OTF needs to get Paul and Drew as well.

No thanks. Wadlington and at this point, his shtick, irritates as many people as those who enjoy it, like me. I don't really enjoy being able to taste someone's narcissm and self-importance through a keyboard. And as others said, he's not great in video either. It's almost like when he sometimes has to speak off the cuff and not have hours and days to carefuly curate their quips and comparisons the quality suffers. 

As others said, Kelson is an IT loyalist. 

When did Paul's writing stop being funny? He used to put out consistently funny stuff and now he's more Ian Boyd.

Speaking of which, Barking Carnival still exists. And there are still ads running, despite zero new content since the 2021 football season. 

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

When did Paul's writing stop being funny? He used to put out consistently funny stuff and now he's more Ian Boyd.

Speaking of which, Barking Carnival still exists. And there are still ads running, despite zero new content since the 2021 football season. 

When we stopped being in our late 20's and early 30's. 

23 minutes ago, Red Five said:

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

When we stopped being in our late 20's and early 30's. 

I didn't read his stuff for years after the fallout, mostly out of general disappointment with him and the others.

I stumbled into an article of his last spring and found it entertaining, so I kept up after that until unsubscribing to IT. His magazine that he publishes every summer is well done. He still has humorous stuff in his work, but it's less present. The change in writing style from one period, to stuff 10+ years later, is marked. The newer style is much more self-serious. I just assume that that comes with age for folks. I assume my approach is markedly different today than it was 20+ years ago on Hornfans. It just happens as life changes you, I think. Sometimes for the better, but not always or usually, I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 4