What new UT gear are you looking to buy this year?

GhostOfTomJoad

On 8/30/2023 at 2:03 PM, horn4life said:

just ordered these- I did a couple versions but this is what I settled on - I wanted TEX ASS on the back of the shoes but, morality police.  SO I settled on ATX HRN for the heel text.  Sort of fun to play with the customization with all the options.  Unfortunately not all the NIKE custom stuff comes with orange "ginger" color option.

LonghornNike.thumb.png.4ad39ba06076b0f77bdbfd5bd925d38c.png

How did this color turn out when you received them? Also, can you point me in the direction to them on the world wide web?

30 minutes ago, LonghornJones said:

How did this color turn out when you received them? Also, can you point me in the direction to them on the world wide web?

You mean you're usin' the Interwebs and not usin' Gopher/Wais/Archie anymore?  Lulz.

I hate Nikes..... inconsistent sizing (Adidas or Vasque/Red-Wing Men's size-12 is consistent across decades), and Nike shoes also fall apart with either burst seams in the upper or the sole comes off the lower on my huge size-12 feet/battleships at exactly the 12-month mark, without fail.

I also can run Adidas/Vasque/Red-Wing shoes into the ground before I finally wear through the soles.

• Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, LonghornJones said:

Also, can you point me in the direction to them on the world wide web?

https://www.nike.com/u/custom-nike-internationalist-by-you-10001559/6981720812

They’re Member Access only. So, unless you sign up (free) and download the Nike App… it’s look, but don’t touch.

Also, “ginger” is the color they’re offering. It would’ve been amazing if they offered “Desert Orange”, which is the Pantone Nike uses for “Burnt Orange”.

Anyway, “ginger” is a bit more “burnt” than it is orange- But it’ll work. Besides, they’re going to be on your feet not on a T-shirt.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, LonghornJones said:

Won't know until next week.  Just search for Nike Customize, and look for the Nike Internationalist.  The only color I hate is when they use the way too bright orange, that makes me think of Tennessee or Florida.  Although I still think I should have done "HOR" "NEY" as the three letters on each shoe!  But wife..e did not find it as humorous as I did.

2 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

Can you wear a 13? If so, there’s a sz13 on GOAT for $86 (probably $108 after TT&L, shipping). It’s listed as “creased” but looks new. Not sure if the box is missing, but I assume you’re not pulling a “Kevin” and wearing the boxes..(sorry, obscure “Office” reference)…

IMG_3085.thumb.png.4d8245168fd297a14860c6c2ace8c133.png

looks like the crease is on the right shoe toebox

image.png.66d3c8072542dbfb12c50920d7e963ca.png

from looking at some other used ones on there, these look like they are in great shape especially when it comes to creases

image.png.9fd04e2ad7261597aae5a8db81fb6d43.png

dang, 108 out the door? sold.

THANK YOU!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

SIAP

Fanatics is "Up to 65% off!" on most days --- they're the sports merch equivalent of "Every month is 'TRUCK MONTH!'" advertising.

I hate the quality of most of Fanatics' Fanatics-branded shirts, in addition to lack of restocking anything popular/high-quality.

I'll take the discounts (and/or OldElPaso-discounts, Lulz) on a known-quality brand on Fanatics' site.

55 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Fanatics is "Up to 65% off!" on most days --- they're the sports merch equivalent of "Every month is 'TRUCK MONTH!'" advertising.

I hate the quality of most of Fanatics' Fanatics-branded shirts, in addition to lack of restocking anything popular/high-quality.

I'll take the discounts (and/or OldElPaso-discounts, Lulz) on a known-quality brand on Fanatics' site.

The fanatics brand I've found is mostly not great, but I really like some of the colosseum stuff which is generally cheaper than nike

Edited by coolsax

6 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Be sure to get your "we beat a good non-conference opponent" shirt. Yay.

Not only that but they Beamer'ed it and sent the email with the shirt graphic showing it was a 0 to 0 tie. 

Pic from @T-shirt Sip

IMG_1320.thumb.png.b4719345e60b82709ec5e55069facfe5.png.aceb2b5c4ca9b190e849578d8ea0e540.png

It just says "Game Over", too. This shirt would have worked equally well if we lost.

31 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

This one came from the CO-OP.  They were taking preorders for a day and a half before shutting it down.  

No need to rehash the story: I know that I can't buy more from the Co-Op.

Restating the question: 

Any reports on a reputable place to buy more of them, besides the Co-Op, since I already know that the Co-Op will not be selling any more of them because they're a bunch of pussies?  Lulz.

Edited by BachelorTrek

On 8/31/2023 at 1:22 PM, coolsax said:

just got this in today from fanatics... if you want a free 40 bucks.  buy 4 old el paso products on same transaction and get $50 coupon to Fanatics on anything.  It's about 10 bucks for 4 qualifying items (can't use the seasoning) .. this was on clearance so I got it for 5 bucks plus shipping.

https://generalmills.promo.eprize.com/oldelpasoxfanatics/

texas jersey.webp

Thank you for this!

I already had this jersey, so I used the $50 coupon (was a free ~$42 for me) on something else.   Lulz.

Finally got my shoes in and they look pretty good.  Combination of leather and nylon mesh. Color could be slightly darker, but as good as half the gear out there.  Pretty please for $110.  Still wish I would have just gone ahead and put "HOR" "NEY" on the heels... but stitching is clean so unless they fall apart I will be happy.

Nike Texas 1.jpeg

Nike texas 2.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Finally got my shoes in and they look pretty good.  Combination of leather and nylon mesh. Color could be slightly darker, but as good as half the gear out there.  Pretty please for $110.  Still wish I would have just gone ahead and put "HOR" "NEY" on the heels... but stitching is clean so unless they fall apart I will be happy.

Nike Texas 1.jpeg

Nike texas 2.jpeg

Shoes look great. 

And damn that’s a lot of Jack Daniels.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, deft said:

Have you never heard of Maui jims?

No not a big sunglasses guy.  Have a pair of Oakleys that have lasted me 20 years or so.  I did look on their site and it appears his are Lighthouse or Breakwall style but neither come in the color scheme his glasses have.

7 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Came here to post this. I'd bet the jacket ends up around $1k and it'll be worth every penny. 

I liked the one the Co-Op had for sale after the 2005 MNC -- and it doesn't have a burnt-orange fried-rice-owl on it, neither.

All of that october's-very-own apparel needs to delete that owl -- they're probably ignorant.

We don't need one of our SWC-left-behinds' logos on our Texas clothes -- It's not styled exactly the same as rice's, but it's still annoying to see it there. 

Best gameday apparel is Johnnie-O imo (link below). Too bad it's never cold enough to actually wear their Q-zips to the games. Great high-quality golf polos though.

I have a ton of Rhoback golf polos as well, but I like this brand as much or better tbh. Rhoback just needs to go ahead and pony up for the collegiate licensing for the big schools, instead of their near-worthless NIL deal with Klubnik.

https://www.universitycoop.com/brand/Johnnie-O