What new UT gear are you looking to buy this year?

GhostOfTomJoad

I went on the hunt for some UT gear over the past couple of days. Almost nothing is available in Houston as far as I can tell. Obviously it's right after Christmas and we're doing well but still I was shocked at the low inventory at places like Academy and Dick's. What little inventory they had was crap. If I was XS and 3XXL, I may have been able to buy a hoodie.

I also assume that Tillman Fertitta must own some compromising photos of the Academy CEO. There were endless UH inventory at Academy. Whoever is in charge of inventory mix should be fired.

But hey, Houston is most likely in the top 3 locations where UT grads/fans live. Why should I expect otherwise.  Rant over, any suggestions where to buy UT gear in Houston?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I went on the hunt for some UT gear over the past couple of days. Almost nothing is available in Houston as far as I can tell. Obviously it's right after Christmas and we're doing well but still I was shocked at the low inventory at places like Academy and Dick's. What little inventory they had was crap. If I was XS and 3XXL, I may have been able to buy a hoodie.

I also assume that Tillman Fertitta must own some compromising photos of the Academy CEO. There were endless UH inventory at Academy. Whoever is in charge of inventory mix should be fired.

But hey, Houston is most likely in the top 3 locations where UT grads/fans live. Why should I expect otherwise.  Rant over, any suggestions where to buy UT gear in Houston?

Academy.com or university coop

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

Academy.com or university coop

Thanks. Academy had an anemic selection only at the extreme sizes. University Co-op doesn't exist in Houston anymore. After searching online today, I discovered that the Dick's sporting goods in Katy had decent options, unlike their Galleria store.

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

shop.texassports.com

also works

Thanks. I was looking to buy before the weekend and waited too late for online shopping. My mistake with that.

On 12/28/2023 at 9:34 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Last few times I've gone to academy, I've trolled the manager pretty hard bc they have aisles upon racks of Aggy clearance  items and hardly anything in Longhorn gear.

Is that company owned by Aggies? They seem to stock all their locations as if they're in BCS.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

Last few times I've gone to academy, I've trolled the manager pretty hard bc they have aisles upon racks of Aggy clearance  items and hardly anything in Longhorn gear.

Is that company owned by Aggies? They seem to stock all their locations as if they're in BCS.

Dumb sip, Aggy clearly doesn't have as many tshirts fans as TU. /s

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LonghornBreeder said:

Academy is the Official Sporting Goods Retailer of the SEC. Their HQ is in Katy. aggy is the only Texas team in the SEC right now. You can do the math. 

https://corporate.academy.com/academy-sports-outdoors-announces-multimedia-sponsorship-with-espn-and-sec/index.html

2 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

Houston Kirby store is all a&m and UH. Longhorn stuff is an afterthought. 

Correct. I've never seen so much Coug High gear in my entire life. That includes the Coug High book store. There are corporate guidelines for displays, but I'm sure the manager has input and control of it. 

18 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Academy is the Official Sporting Goods Retailer of the SEC. Their HQ is in Katy. aggy is the only Texas team in the SEC right now. You can do the math. 

https://corporate.academy.com/academy-sports-outdoors-announces-multimedia-sponsorship-with-espn-and-sec/index.html

Well at least some of our problem will be solved soon.

• Like 1

It may be too late now, but often the discount stores (Target, etc) will have a selection of basic team gear and you can filter the search engine for stores in your vicinity and then further filter for size. Nothing fancy, but usually t-shirts and such.

38 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

Well at least some of our problem will be solved soon.

I honestly wouldn't buy UT gear at Academy. The Co Op, Nike Store, UT Golf Club Pro Shop, Fanatics Team Store, and Peter Millar all have better stuff. Texas Standard and Rhoback have some cool burn orange shirts. 

I only really shop at Academy if I need a cheap lawn chair or cooler. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Do you Sue Patrick?

When you're in Austin, the store is at the corner of Burnet Road and North Loop.

https://suepatrick.com/university-of-texasother-texas-teams/

I never go to Academy for Texas apparel.

The availability for Texas gear has gotten worse when the Rooster Andrews stores all closed and fucking Fanatics.com (and the hundreds of sites pulling from the exact same inventory) gets 50 or something of each size, and that number is all they usually sell.

When you do actually find good quality/design amongst all of Fanatics' junk quality, once it goes out of stock, it hardly EVER is restocked.

Fanatics has DESTROYED the availability of fan apparel.

The ones I look at are the Co-Op, Sue Patrick, maybe you get lucky on ebay or the other sites where athletes sell their stuff, or luck-out at some non-Fanatics-linked online store like Rally House.

The UT Golf Shop seems great, but as I've trolled them, they only carry shirts and polos for narrow-shouldered tiny people (maximum 2XL sizes), and I was a thin teenager with shoulders that required size 3XL shirts in high school. How hilarious none of their shirts would fit most of the Texas Longhorns football team!  Lulz.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Do you Sue Patrick?

When you're in Austin, the store is at the corner of Burnet Road and North Loop.

The availability for Texas gear has gotten worse when the Rooster Andrews stores all closed and fucking Fanatics.com (and the hundreds of sites pulling from the exact same inventory) gets 50 or something of each size, and that number is all they usually sell.

When you do actually find good quality/design amongst all of Fanatics' junk quality, once it goes out of stock, it hardly EVER is restocked.

The ones I look at are the Co-Op, Sue Patrick, maybe you get lucky on ebay or the other sites where athletes sell their stuff, or luck-out at some non-Fanatics-linked online store like Rally House.

The UT Golf Shop seems great, but as I've trolled them, they only carry shirts and polos for narrow-shouldered tiny people (maximum 2XL sizes), and I was a thin teenager with shoulders that required size 3XL shirts in high school. How hilarious none of their shirts would fit most of the Texas Longhorns football team!  Lulz.

Show us on the doll where fanatics touched you.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Do you Sue Patrick?

Yep, every Peter Millar shirt fits like how you described. I believe they stock most of the UT Golf gear. 

The Co-op should own this space, but they took the Nike money and regarded statues and haven’t looked back. We’re back to the 90’s where the UT merchandise market is very segmented. Might as well get Reebok involved again. 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yep, every Peter Millar shirt fits like how you described. I believe they stock most of the UT Golf gear. 

The Co-op should own this space, but they took the Nike money and regarded statues and haven’t looked back. We’re back to the 90’s where the UT merchandise market is very segmented. Might as well get Reebok involved again. 

Back at the 90s without the 3 great Rooster Andrews stores.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Reebok, Adidas, and Puma! 

(Reebok's Texas affiliation ended about '89, IIRC.)

Why not? at this point! More supply is needed for both our fans and for our newfound SEC conference competition to buy and then deface.  Lulz.

The Texas merchandise is being choked into scarcity while demand increases, the way the Japan's Nintendo used to do with their video games.

Edited by BachelorTrek

1 minute ago, BachelorTrek said:

Reebok, Adidas, and Puma! 

Why not? at this point! More supply is needed for both our fans and for our newfound SEC conference competition to buy and then deface.  Lulz.

The Texas merchandise is being choked into scarcity while demand increases, the way the Japan's Nintendo used to do with their video games.

I wish they’d license to whomever will give them money. Still no Vineyard Vines or Southern Tide polos.

If we win the national championship, I might Texas gear for every single day of the rodeo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I wish they’d license to whomever will give them money. Still no Vineyard Vines or Southern Tide polos.

If we win the national championship, I might Texas gear for every single day of the rodeo. 

Guess we all need to complain to Del Conte about it.

Anyone on here talk to him regularly?

57 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Girlfriend got me this Tommy Bahama 1/4 Zip for Christmas. Nice quality and fits me well, and I'm 6'5" with long arms. 

ST226342UN_15457_main?$main_detail_700$

XL or XXL? I wear mens active wear like that from time to time and might have to snag that too. Lululemon has a blue one like that with a white longhorn that looked sharp. Sizes were too small at the coop. 

Edited by troph

On 12/4/2023 at 8:21 AM, NoName said:

as a reminder there are actual athletes selling their team issued stuff (which it's legal for them to do) on NARP and Players Trunk

https://theplayerstrunk.com/collections/texas (these usually have good stuff, have the least ive seen there in a long time at the moment. wonder if the CFP thing makes it more likely folks post items)

bumping this as the season just ended and folks are going in the portal. relevant for non Texas schools too, but nothing new on there over the last 30 days for Texas.

30 minutes ago, troph said:

XL or XXL? I wear mens active wear like that from time to time and might have to snag that too. Lululemon has a blue one like that with a white longhorn that looked sharp. Sizes were too small at the coop. 

XL. I could have maybe gone XXL for arm length, but I find going to XXL usually fits me like a tent everywhere else. I usually wear the sleeves pushed up a little anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 1